My 2000 GT On3Performance 4v B-head Build

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Okay guys so I know theres a ton of 0n3performance builds on the forums these days so im not gonna go into a ton of detail about the build unless requested. Im gonna post pictures of the project as I go just to show progress and numbers when they come.
Feel free to ask an questions or leave feedback. :shrug:
So far my brother and I have all the hotside mocked up and just waiting for some v-band gaskets to help seal everything. Gonna try and get the intercooler mounted with the cold side this week. Here are a couple pictures from my cell phone.

IMG00082-20100517-2208.jpg

The picture of the hotside is after i got them ceramic coated. Turned out pretty good and should help with heat near the front of then engine.
IMG00094-20100604-2333.jpg

The engine bay after tearing some parts off and before cleaning it up a little
IMG00089-20100530-1629.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

The pipes would not fit with the sway bar in place so I removed it all together for now. Dont have time to fight with it right now but will most likely buy some low profile sway bar mounts later
IMAG0037.jpg

IMG00096-20100606-2118.jpg

IMAG0036-1.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

Want to say a big thanks to everyone that helped with any questions or problems I had leading up to this point. :beer:

mustanginky

Established Member
damn you for making this thread lol. i've been considering doing this too, i recently bought a mark viii long block and some forged pistons and rods for my 2000 GT.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
damn you for making this thread lol. i've been considering doing this too, i recently bought a mark viii long block and some forged pistons and rods for my 2000 GT.

haha sorry buddy. I wish i had the money to build my motor before i installed it. just didnt have the funds at the time. Im gonna tune for about 450rwhp and hope it lasts for a little while. i guess well see how long that lasts :rockon:

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
haha sorry buddy. I wish i had the money to build my motor before i installed it. just didnt have the funds at the time. Im gonna tune for about 450rwhp and hope it lasts for a little while. i guess well see how long that lasts :rockon:

Hopefully at least until Mustang Week and back:dancenana:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Alright guys, made some more progress this weekend... Got all the cold side installed except for the piece that goes to the throttle body since it has to be cut to fit. My brother made some intercooler brackets to mount the intercooler out of some really strong angled aluminum. Got a couple of the V-band gaskets i bought installed but had some trouble getting the two 2 1/2 connects back together once i un-clamped them to slide the gasket it. Had to fight with the pipes for awhile and used up alot of my time.
Hopefully I will be able to drop my stock fuel tank this week to get it over to our local fabrication shop (Top End Fabrication) to have the sump welded on and the MAF flange welded on as well.

PS. Anyone know how much fuel line i should order to run for the sump to the front of the car for a return style fuel system? :shrug:

IMG00105-20100613-2039.jpg

IMG00101-20100613-2038.jpg

IMG00106-20100613-2039.jpg

IMG00102-20100613-2038.jpg

Here are a couple pictures of the upper intercooler brackets. Very strong, intercooler doesnt move at all.
IMG00103-20100613-2038.gif

IMG00104-20100613-2039.gif

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Little update for everyone, been ordering all my fuel system parts and little odds and ends needed to finish everything up.
Waiting for my new Koni adj front struts so i can get the front suspension back together and start running the new return style fuel system.

Any suggestions on where to mount my fuel pressure reg.? I cant figure out a good place that will look clean and not require running fuel lines all over the place.

99S_V_T

Established Member
Lol ur running return style, ur not really gunna find a place to mount it do u dont have line everywhere, its gunna happen anyway bro.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
Have you had any major issues with the kit so far? It looks as if its a through the K-member kit rather than under it......is that correct? How do you feel about the quality of the kit? Thick gauge piping?

I am interested in doing this kit, but heard some negative stuff, such as pipes rusting and durability, especially on higher hp cars

Thanks for any feedback

Looking good man, wanna hear some numbers!

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Lol ur running return style, ur not really gunna find a place to mount it do u dont have line everywhere, its gunna happen anyway bro.

I know with running return style there will be alot of fuel lines under the hood, im trying to keep it as minimal as possible to keep it clean

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Have you had any major issues with the kit so far? It looks as if its a through the K-member kit rather than under it......is that correct? How do you feel about the quality of the kit? Thick gauge piping?

I am interested in doing this kit, but heard some negative stuff, such as pipes rusting and durability, especially on higher hp cars

Thanks for any feedback

Looking good man, wanna hear some numbers!

Only major problems i have had so far is with the pipe that connects to driver side exhaust manifold and the pipe that connects to that one (one that goes through a arm and k member) they line up but the flanges were not perfect so required some massaging and hopefully wont leak.

the piping is pretty think and should hold up pretty well i hope. only time will tell though. i have heard some negative stuff as well but all kits have negatives but for the money i think its a good buy

and yes the piping goes through the a arms and k member

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
thanks for the input bud, it is looking real good

Can't wait for the numbers, I'm looking at doing a 03-04 C Head on a built teksid, so I'm looking for big numbers.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Update

All right guys, nothing major but have the intake pipe cut to the correct length and angle for the B head manifold. Also got the tank dropped to take it with the intake pipe to the local fabrication shop to have my sump welded on the stock tank and the MAF flange welded as well.
Got the turbo bracket bolted on and everything is very secure now.

Got all my fuel stuff finally ordered minus a couple fittings ill have to piece together as i install it.
Fuel system now consists of:
Aeromotive A-1000 Fuel Pump
Aeromotive A-1000 Fuel pressure regulator
Aeromotive Fuel rails
Russell Fuel Filter
Russell -8 Feed line
Russell -6 Return line
39lb 03/04 Cobra Factory Injectors

The fuel system is way overkill for my stock engine yes, but now all i have to do is upgrade injectors when the engine gets built. :banana:

Ill get some more pictures up this weekend when i get some more parts installed.

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
All right guys, nothing major but have the intake pipe cut to the correct length and angle for the B head manifold. Also got the tank dropped to take it with the intake pipe to the local fabrication shop to have my sump welded on the stock tank and the MAF flange welded as well.
Got the turbo bracket bolted on and everything is very secure now.

Got all my fuel stuff finally ordered minus a couple fittings ill have to piece together as i install it.
Fuel system now consists of:
Aeromotive A-1000 Fuel Pump
Aeromotive A-1000 Fuel pressure regulator
Aeromotive Fuel rails
Russell Fuel Filter
Russell -8 Feed line
Russell -6 Return line
39lb 03/04 Cobra Factory Injectors

The fuel system is way overkill for my stock engine yes, but now all i have to do is upgrade injectors when the engine gets built. :banana:

Ill get some more pictures up this weekend when i get some more parts installed.

Better have the fuel now and no need to upgrade when the motor is built imo....

Users who are viewing this thread