My 2000 GT On3Performance 4v B-head Build

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
A quick picture of the new fuel pieces, still have to order some more fittings after I decide how im gonna run the lines and reg.

Feel free to give any advice or post any pictures of your fuel systems and all the fittings you needed as its my first time doing a full fuel set-up like this. :shrug:

IMG00109-20100624-2217.gif

Getting my sumped factory tank back tomrw night and will hopefully be getting the fuel system mocked up soon.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I went with a QA1 k member and a arms as recommended, but i did have issues with my sway bar. The sway bar is suppose to fit without problems if using the QA1 K but my kit wasnt even close to fitting with the sway bar installed so i removed it all together.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Little Update.

Okay guys so I was hoping to have it running yesterday but im still waiting for the last couple AN fittings for the fuel system to button everything up for good. Should be here tomrw so well see if I can get her running in the next couple days.

The turbo blanket was a PITA because everything is so tight in front of the engine but I finally got it on for now if it doesn't catch on the water pump pulley.

Here's a couple quick shots I just took after getting the coil covers on to show a little progress. Hopefully so more finished product pictures coming soon.

IMG00121-20100705-2230.jpg

IMG00122-20100705-2230.jpg

IMG00123-20100705-2230.jpg

PS. The NOS (Energy Drink) was installed on the firewall to send a picture to a friend.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Cheaper k member? Only real issues was the sway bar not fitting bc of the piping going through the arms. I'm gonna try to get low profile sway bar mounts eventually and see if that will work, some of the pipes are sitting on the a arms right now so I'm gonna try to adjust them some once the car is on the ground too

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Finished

Car is finished!! Everything is installed and waiting for a base tune from Pro-Dyno to get the car started. I didn't realize that i had to delete the oem fuel pressure sensor when converting the car to return style so car wont start. Hopefully ill have the tune soon so i can get some miles on her before my dyno Monday morning.

ill let everyone know how it goes when i finally get it started.....

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished4.jpg

finished3.jpg

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Ok guys so I drove the car 7 hours from TN to Fort Mill SC the day after the car started. Pro-Dyno tuned the car and the car made 445rwhp and 430rwtq @ 9lbs of boost in 94 degree heat.
I have a couple exhaust leaks I gotta track down and fix when I get back from Mustang Week but other then that I am happy and just have some minor things I need to work on to get her perfect.

When i started the turbo install the plan was to have the car finished for Mustang Week starting July 19th. The car started the day before the trip so I had no time to work out and small issues or anything that I plan on doing now that im home.

My new problem is that on the way to Myrtle Beach my hood latch decided to let go so my hood flew open @ 80mph and did some pretty decent damage to the car.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Dont know what to do........

Okay guys so im bringing this thread back to get some opinions and ideas before i make my final decision. as many of you know i had my hood fly up and destroy my hood, windshield, wiper cowl and roof. As i was waiting for the car to go to the body shop to have the repair work done i managed to damage the short block.
So now i have a car that i have put a ton of money into and needs a ton of work for me to be happy and im stuck on what choice to make. I always figured i would have the car forever and just always work toward a final goal of some sort but the car is not in great shape for the amount of money i have invested in parts and i hate to keep on the same track to not be happy with my choice after spending another 20k and the car being worth 4. lol

Option A: buy a forged shortblock and stronger trans, and upgrade a couple small things and have a strong running car with alot more power, then spend alot more money repairing the body damage and ending with a fast car that still needs alot of work(as any project car will, understandable) and a full paint job for me to be happy with

Option B: take a huge hit and part the car out and use the money to put a down payment on an 03/04 cobra and start over with just minor mods instead of a full project car/ daily driver that my car is now.

Thanks for any ideas and or suggestions on what direction I should go.......

crazycarlo

Established Member
Well its totally up to you and I don't know what ur financial situations are but u can't beat an 03. What exactly did u do to the motor? Did u blow it up on those numbers? They seem pretty safe man.

Jonathan White

Established Member
Haha thanks for the offer buddy,

Ill let you know when I'm ready to inlist in your services

The reason why I'd like to have it is I have most of the engine parts to rebuild it and have a buddy that's an awesome body man. Shoot me a text or email if you decide to do something. PM me for contact info. I have a truck an trailer and will travel

Users who are viewing this thread