MY rear end is leaking! Question for all of you

drusmith

Established Member

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
I'm not certain if that would work or not. Personally I would go with the grey rtv sealant you buy from ford. Does your car have a solid?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if i were you and just wanted to repair it, i would just reseal it with the grey stuff and not use that conventional gasket.

just make sure you let it completely cure before refilling it. best of luck with it

drusmith

Established Member
if i were you and just wanted to repair it, i would just reseal it with the grey stuff and not use that conventional gasket.

just make sure you let it completely cure before refilling it. best of luck with it

Thanks for the tips! I will probably do just that! Use the gray stuff.

drusmith

Established Member
Does the LPW cover work with my existing IRS brace? I am guessing not due to the difference in mold.

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
Yes I did the cover myself and it replaces the IRS brace. It's a very nice piece and gives it a lot more support than a brace IMO. easier to change fluid too. Even has a magnet to pick up metal.

Sent from my superior iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

drusmith

Established Member
Yes I did the cover myself and it replaces the IRS brace. It's a very nice piece and gives it a lot more support than a brace IMO. easier to change fluid too. Even has a magnet to pick up metal.

Sent from my superior iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks!!!! I will pick this up then! Only the best for my baby!

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
get the lpw & ford gray rtv!
DSCF1545.jpg

DSCF1546.jpg

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
IRS gasket

When I had my IRS out I used a Fel-Pro gasket on mine, same one a regular 8.8 takes (seems to be the same as the one you have listed above). I coated both sides of the gasket with gray rtv, I put blue loctite on the bolts and after 2yrs of beating on the car I am leak free, not even any seepage.

Last edited:

redfiredroptop

Now with more GT500!
Established Member
Wow- That Lubelocker gasket looks awesome! Even with a brace, the diff on my terminator would starting leaking again every couple of years. I would certainly go that route if I was resealing my diff.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
LPW diff cover and your problem is solved! No gasket needed also.

Very WRONG advice! The lpw needs rtv or a gasket if thats what you prefer. You maybe referring to the fore diff cover, but get the facts right!

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Remember the IRS has A rear mount on the cover.I spent A lot of time & money to replace All the rubber mounts & control arm bushings,diff bushings! Why would you add another flex joint? (that is what a gasket would be)

cobracide

Established Member
Remember the IRS has A rear mount on the cover.I spent A lot of time & money to replace All the rubber mounts & control arm bushings,diff bushings! Why would you add another flex joint? (that is what a gasket would be)

Tell me more about this gasket "flex point" deal.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
they are thicker then paper some require longer bolts to install. 12MM bolts are close to 14MM what fits better?I have been fighting wheel hop for 8 years now im done is all in the detale of all the mods together.

Users who are viewing this thread