Even flow cooling mod install

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
So i completed this awhile back and figured I would help out if I could. The directions with the kit were at best lacking. I thought I would share what I have learned.
After tapping the freeze plug out I mocked up the fitting for install
dsc00507dm4.jpg

dsc00510pa2.jpg

As seen the fitting is held in by a flat retaining plate. The fitting only goes down far enough for the reating plate to slide into the groove. The plate will need to be trimmed slightly.I used a good amount of the Indian Head Gasket Sealant to insure no leaks. After thought would be to take a shop vac and suck some of the coolant out because after freeze plug is removed small amount of coolant will come out. Just enough to make a mess. Then it is time to route the line. The area behind the fuel rail and in front of the EGR tube is tight. Routing is such that it may be diffucult to reinstall blower. Tight but not impossible.
dsc00513ik6.jpg

This is a picture of the fitting that needs to be removed from the passenger side heater core tube. I drained the coolant from the radiator but still made a mess.It is easier than you think to work this out of the hose as the instructions state. The small round fiitng will come out after seperating the long holder.
dsc00499zc4.jpg

dsc00500ll0.jpg

This is approx 1 1/2 inches of the coolant tube that needed to be removed
dsc00491lv4.jpg

dsc00493yg2.jpg

dsc00512hg3.jpg

After the coolant hose T is installed it is just a matter of hooking up the hose and burping the coolant system. Hope this helps. Additonal thoughts always welcomed.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Great writeup. I'm confused, though... why did you need to remove the restrictor in the heater core line? I thought that was only with the LDC style setup, as that taps directly into that part of the system. Since this goes directly from the driver's side head to the radiator hose, what effect would the restrictor have on it?:??:

sweet88gt

Established Member
I dont remember the reason and dont have the instructions in front of me at this time. I will get back to you with that. I can remember reading about removing the restrictor to proudce even flow across both heads. Assuming I read it right, the increase of flow form the cooling mod would be out of whack if you left the restrictor in. Allowing more coolant flow on the drivers side. Removal of the restrictor increases the flow to the passenger side and allows both heads the same amount of coolant transfer.

03 greysnake

Established Member
I did the same mod on mine it sucked getting the freeze plug out of the head what a pain in the ass.I routed mine the same way,but i routed the line down beside the valve cover where the ac line runs.I does'nt look so clustered like they say to run bye the fuel rail.

sweet88gt

Established Member
You didn't remove the blower just the install the Evenflow kit did ya?

No. I removed the blower to install a ported unit.
I would say that removing the blower is not that big of a deal and made the job that much easier. Blower removal is not needed but it sure does help.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
You do not have to remove the restriction from the heater line with this mod it is not necessary. You can to increase flow in the passenger side head. This mod bypasses the heater core and goes straight to the radiator.

sweet88gt

Established Member
can someone post a picture of the location and which end the restictor is located in the heater line.

Here is the only pictures I have with the info you need. It is in the end with the screwdriver pointed at it. You have to move the clamp that holds the restricter in and work it out of the hose. Its been awhile since I did this so hope it helps.

dsc00496wb.jpg

dsc00497n.jpg

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/null

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
Sorry for the pic quality....iPhone pic with not very good lighting...

I didn't want to splice the hose so I had a nut welded on to the crossover tube and then just screwed in a brass barb and connected the hose that goes to the head.

photo-16.gif

jmluke1

07141008491.jpg
is this the right hose to remove the restictor? Ive finished everthing else,without taking the supercharger off, but the restictor might be the hardest.

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I definitely didn't remove that resistor when I did mine.
Subscribing

flyby763

Established Member
Sorry to bring up an old thread but has anybody installed this using only the o-ring and not adding Indian Head sealer? I put mine in without it last night and don't really trust it not to leak.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
stop using this kit! These better to be had! look up Cobra Engineering with his new T adapter! I should be making a thread at the end of this week

Users who are viewing this thread