Even flow cooling mod install

Blueline

Established Member
Sorry to bring up an old thread but has anybody installed this using only the o-ring and not adding Indian Head sealer? I put mine in without it last night and don't really trust it not to leak.

I always apply Indian head as well as the O ring. So far no issues, and that's how I will be doing it on my new Cobra this week :beer:

stop using this kit! These better to be had! look up Cobra Engineering with his new T adapter! I should be making a thread at the end of this week

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Cobra Engineering mod requires pulling the trans correct? I'm curious because I have to do my cooling mod now that I took the blower off to be ported. I have never had an issue with the even flow kit in the past :shrug:

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^^^Yup, have to pull the trans. I didn't use anything but the "O" ring when I did mine 4 years ago, no issues.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Please do! Will be looking forward to it and will most likely copy you. :)

no worries, I have ordered the required fittings and lines and will make a full parts list as long as everything fits and works as advertised. It's very clean and plumps right into the heat exchanger line so you don't have to run another ugly coolant line to the front :banana:

I always apply Indian head as well as the O ring. So far no issues, and that's how I will be doing it on my new Cobra this week :beer:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Cobra Engineering mod requires pulling the trans correct? I'm curious because I have to do my cooling mod now that I took the blower off to be ported. I have never had an issue with the even flow kit in the past :shrug:

You may not have but others have had issues leaking. The even flow kit is fine, If you have been running another kit for years without issue, keep it if you like. If it were means I was pulling my trans or your motor I would ditch whatever HCM I was using in lieu of cobra engineering's kit.

At the end of the day it's just another way to skin a cat, just a new and simplified way.

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Please Troy post up once you're done with the upgraded cooling mod. Thanks

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
no worries, I have ordered the required fittings and lines and will make a full parts list as long as everything fits and works as advertised. It's very clean and plumps right into the heat exchanger line so you don't have to run another ugly coolant line to the front :banana:.

Perfect.

wastntime

Established Member
IMG_3292_zps250352f8.jpg

This is the connection that was made for my car.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Really impressed with this head cooling mod so far. very clean and out of the way. The hardest thing I would think for a motor thats still in the car would be removing the driver side head rear coolant plug. Other that that i think this would be a few hour job with basic tools if that tranny was out.

As long as there are no leaks or anything once I start it I will give it my 100% seal of approval!

I will still be making an actual thread posting all part numbers and details. I don't have the hose installed because its on a stand and i want the cut to be perfect!

P1030002_zpsbc16d911.jpg

P1030049_zps16fdc007.jpg

P1030052_zps2f112c96.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread