Going From Stock To Ported & Pullied

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Tomorrow morning I will be dropping off my stock 03 Cobra at CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio to have a Stage V ported Eaton put on along with a 2.76 upper, JLT RAI and supporting mods. Jeff Chambers (owner) will then Dyno tune it using the SCT X-cal3.

I put about 7k miles on the car last year and really enjoyed driving it in stock form. From everything I have been reading on this forum, I was thinking I was one of the last people to still drive a stock Cobra. :-D I am getting pretty excited to get this done and be able to drive the Cobra again.:banana:

Can I expect a big difference in power when I get it back, or will It only be slightly noticeable?

Booky

Established Member
List supporting mods. So we can feel all warm and fuzzy about the outcome.

Billet Flow Idler Pulley (100mm) Black
GAT-K080745 Gates 8 Rib Belt (74.5")
NGK- TR6 NGK Spark Plug Stock #4177

Jeff Chambers also told me that there was a possibility it could require a MAFIA and/or a BAP.

SVTcobra588

Established Member
I am also thinking about going to that pretty much same set up. How much was the stage V port? and if you dont mind me asking what are you gettin charged by the shop for everything. I also live in ohio.

Booky

Established Member
I am also thinking about going to that pretty much same set up. How much was the stage V port? and if you dont mind me asking what are you gettin charged by the shop for everything. I also live in ohio.

I bought the stage V with matching ported plenum and 2.76 Billetflow pulley from lxtasy93, here on the forum, for $825.

The total bill from CRT Performance for the Eaton swap, JLT RAI and supportive mods and labor to install them, SCT X-Cal3 tuner and Dyno tune, came to be approx. $1700.

Booky

Established Member
Better get some wider/better tires. Yeah youll notice the difference.

I am running KDW2 335's on the rear?

album_pic.php

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Add wider rims and tires as mentioned plus a full set of idlers. I prefer Metco dual bearing, but any aftermarket ones will do. Do the stage 5 still have that torque plate?

svtscott01

Established Member
Dude first thing I hope you are upgrading your fuel system (talk to Jimmy side car) but otherwise you are looking at 11 dollars per horsepower...WOW. Best 1700 you ever spent.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Install a BAP and wire upgrade kit, then bring either a MAFia or an SCT2600 MAF to your tuning dyno session and expect to need them both.

There is a very high probability that you will pull enough air to peg the stock MAF counts(5volts = lean out) and max out the stock pumps duty cycle.

However with just those items I mentioned you can safely deliver the additional fuel needed and be able to monitor all that extra air with out pegging.

Install the BAP and wire upgrade before but the MAF will probably have to be tuned for on the car, so wait to put that on there.

You and your pistons can thank me later.

The car is going to peel your eyelids back!:rockon::beer:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Dude your going to be amazed at the difference! It's like driving a whole new car! Post up some more pics of your Cobra, i've never seen a yellow/striped Cobra. The rear shot was money!

mrose75

Established Member
Wow!! You don't even have a pulley? Yeah, you oughtta enjoy that. I'm throwing on my Stage V, SCT BA2600, BAP, and some 80 injectors on in a few weeks. But I'm doing all the wrenching myself. As noted on another thread, that's half the fun of it. Looking forward to it. The only thing I plan on paying for is the tune, dyno and gas to vet me there.

cobracide

Established Member
A ba2400 (650hp w/roots) and 60 # injectors with the bap or dual GT puimps, ect. is more than enough for an Eaton.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread