Need Fuel Pump Ideas With BAP

04REDWHIP

Established Member
I was wondering what fuel pumps you guys would recommend for me. Currently I have the stock pumps with a Kenne Bell BAP. the car hit 530rwhp but my fuel is cuttin out at 4500 rpm. What do most people run with around that hp?

cobracide

Established Member
I was wondering what fuel pumps you guys would recommend for me. Currently I have the stock pumps with a Kenne Bell BAP. the car hit 530rwhp but my fuel is cuttin out at 4500 rpm. What do most people run with around that hp?

Stock pumps and a bap should handle more, check your wiring.

AMB

Established Member
Bap

I have 570 rwhp with a BAP and the STOCK fuel pumps and without any wiring upgrades!!! Do you have the BAP installed "before" or "after" the FPDM ??? I have mine "before" the FPDM. :??:

cobracide

Established Member
I have 570 rwhp with a BAP and the STOCK fuel pumps and without any wiring upgrades!!! Do you have the BAP installed "before" or "after" the FPDM ??? I have mine "before" the FPDM. :??:

Good point, it should be wired pre-fpdm but pre or post there is something else wrong.

04REDWHIP

Established Member
I bought this car modded from a dealership so i am learning as much as i can about it. I think my problem might be i ave the SCT2400 maf. My car is an 04 cobra with a whipple on it. they said its a 3.4 but i think its smaller pushing 25 psi. fully buit top end with i dont know what fluidyne intercooler spec 3+ clutch kooks headers magnaflow x back 315/30/17 Nitto NT555 Rears And 275/40/17 Nitto NT555 Fronts. You guys know were i can find a diagram on this for our cars?

04REDWHIP

Established Member
lol i didnt mean both just the 2400 comes with the stainless peice will the mafia bolt to that? Now im sure having the 2400 is hurtin my car but my fuel is cutting out at 4500rpms so i think i gotta change the pumps

Spoolx

Established Member
Stock is two fuel pumps

What do the datalogs show as far as fuel pump duty cycle and mass air voltage?

mach1033

Established Member
There is no mistaking a 2.3 and a 3.4 whipple. Also the SCT 2400 is more than enough to handle hp in the low 600 range. If you are pushing 25lbs of boost whether it be from a 2.3 or 3.4 stock pumps and a bap is not gonna cut it. Is it possible to post a pic of your engine bay? Also can you be more specific about the fully built top end? Cams port or both?

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Dont mean to sund stupid but im getting mixed answers aound here does my car have one or two fuel pumps

It's a forum. You will get different opinions and mixed answers.

Also taking another 5 seconds to look at your post and hit spell check before hitting the submit button, will go a long way in preventing you from "sund" ing stupid "aound" here.

Users who are viewing this thread