What's easiest/cheapest way to get 500hp?

Roach02

Roach
Established Member
I just bought my 03' and it has a 2.8 upper, upgraded steeda tensioner, CAI, offroad xpipe and SLP catback. Previous owner said the last dyno and tune put roughly 440hp to the wheels. I'm still researching mods but what can I do to get some more out of her? I heard changing to a 4lb lower but anything else I need/can do? Of course I know with any mod like that I need a re-tune. Any help for a newbie?

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
have your blower ported by Posi, link in my sig. That will get you over 500rwhp. Port costs about $500.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Ported setup may need injectors and possibly some fuel. Nothing at 500hp is cheap, spend the money on the proper setup and thank me later. Good luck

woodboy25

Established Member
Posi port will add like 30-40rwhp. That may not get you all the way there. Its a good idea but you may fall a Tad short of your goal. Have you had it at the track or on the dyno yourself? I'd spray it!

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
-2.8" or 2.76" upper pulley
-4bl lower pulley
-3.2" alt pulley
-KB 40a BAP
-MAFia or SCT MAF
-Posi raceport

Done and done.

-Eric

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
Get a POSI port of the Eaton and also get the stock TB and Plenum ported just in case. Then of course 2.76 or 2.8 with 4lb lower, BAP, and MAFia. You should be right where you want!

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
-2.8" or 2.76" upper pulley
-4bl lower pulley
-3.2" alt pulley
-KB 40a BAP
-MAFia or SCT MAF
-Posi raceport

Done and done.

-Eric

This for this for the supercharger route

Intake/catback/100 shot dry/ tune.

Done.

This for the juice route. N2O may be just as expensive as the blower if you get a good kit, window switch, wot switch, heater, etc.

And everyone, he asked the CHEAPEST way to get to 500, not a CHEAP way. So if the ported blower cost him $3,000 total and N20 $2,500, the N2O is the CHEAPEST, not necessarily cheap.

Roach02

Roach
Established Member
THanks guys. This all helps. I took it to the track second day i had it and was still getting used to the shifter due to much different from the GTO i had. I ran a 12.8 @ 110mph (if i remember the mph correctly). That was granny shifting it also.

cobracide

Established Member
THanks guys. This all helps. I took it to the track second day i had it and was still getting used to the shifter due to much different from the GTO i had. I ran a 12.8 @ 110mph (if i remember the mph correctly). That was granny shifting it also.

Hope it's an MGW shifter.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
....Went the POSI route myself (with the Full supporting cast of goodies)!!! :D ... Numbers coming once this snow gets out of NY!!!!

z28misfit

Established Member
Im trying to just touch 500rwhp too..So far the car has a 2.93 RR pulley,stock lower,metco 4pc idlers,,Mac lts,orh,magnapacks dumped,k&n cai and thats it for hp mods.I just bought an SCT BA3000 MAF(not on car yet--yes I know thats overkill but I will be doing a bigger twin screw soon,,just not this summer)Im gonna buy either an Accufabe throttle body and plenum setup or Billetflow setup(not sure which yet,,,looking for used) I wanna get a metco lower 4lb crank pulley and 60lb injectors and then get the thing tuned. I hope atleast to see 480ish rwhp or so??? Maybe Im just dreaming??

cobracide

Established Member
4# lower pulley with cage

Im trying to just touch 500rwhp too..So far the car has a 2.93 RR pulley,stock lower,metco 4pc idlers,,Mac lts,orh,magnapacks dumped,k&n cai and thats it for hp mods.I just bought an SCT BA3000 MAF(not on car yet--yes I know thats overkill but I will be doing a bigger twin screw soon,,just not this summer)Im gonna buy either an Accufabe throttle body and plenum setup or Billetflow setup(not sure which yet,,,looking for used) I wanna get a metco lower 4lb crank pulley and 60lb injectors and then get the thing tuned. I hope atleast to see 480ish rwhp or so??? Maybe Im just dreaming??

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...93-upper-4-lb-lower-stock-unported-eaton.html

465-480 ish.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread