What's easiest/cheapest way to get 500hp?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
that's right . I had ''only''
490 rwhp b4 the kennebell . i just wanted 500 LOL. now 700 LOL.

I'm in the same boat, I keep slapping myself in the face whenever I look at bigger whipples or nitrous! 600hp, 700hp, you can never have to much power, unfortunately traction is whore.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Im trying to just touch 500rwhp too..So far the car has a 2.93 RR pulley,stock lower,metco 4pc idlers,,Mac lts,orh,magnapacks dumped,k&n cai and thats it for hp mods.I just bought an SCT BA3000 MAF(not on car yet--yes I know thats overkill but I will be doing a bigger twin screw soon,,just not this summer)Im gonna buy either an Accufabe throttle body and plenum setup or Billetflow setup(not sure which yet,,,looking for used) I wanna get a metco lower 4lb crank pulley and 60lb injectors and then get the thing tuned. I hope atleast to see 480ish rwhp or so??? Maybe Im just dreaming??

Warning! You are going to need a BAP or pumps before you need those injectors.

Everything else is ok. Except not slowing the alternator down.

z28misfit

Established Member
Warning! You are going to need a BAP or pumps before you need those injectors.

Everything else is ok. Except not slowing the alternator down.

hey thanks,,I was actually thinking the same thing. Im not gonna mess around a whole lot with the stock eaton,Im not even considering getting it ported because I have a power goal in mind with this car and a ported eaton aint gonna cut it. Ive pretty much thrown the turbo ideas out the window and Im probably just gonna really look into the new Vortech Lysholm 3.3l twin screw either mid summer or toward the end of summer along with head work and some cams. I miss my H/C/I camaro I just sold :whine: But that money is gonna support my cobra now.:burnout: If I were to go with 4lb lower pulley and an Accufab tb and inlet,,do you think I should just skip the injectors for now?With a BAP they might have enough in them to keep up with whats done to the car already?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
-2.8" or 2.76" upper pulley
-4bl lower pulley
-3.2" alt pulley
-KB 40a BAP
-MAFia or SCT MAF
-Posi raceport <---------Optional if you know you want to do a twin screw.but when will that be?
Done and done.
-Eric

port, kb bap, maf, add a lower 4l

Both these guys had it right, but they were all going with the 500 RWHP thing.

If you are OK with not hitting 500 till twin screw time, then you can omit the port. Without the port 500 ain't happening. I'm not a big fan of filling up juice tanks, so I rarely advise it.

If you are OK with 480s as the new goal, then I would do that list minus the port, but add in the BAP wire upgrade. It won't be 500 and over without the port though.

Some ported guys are making what I make with my Whipple. Consider it carefully, when you sell your blower, it will bring more and sell faster if it is ported.:beer:

Cobra83

driveway warrior
Established Member
Port, 60lb injectors, KB bap, 90mm single blade accufab, 4lb lower, minimum 2400 maf, cold air, exhaust. Thats got me 517rwhp and 511 rwtq two years ago on a conservative tune. Hope that helps.

z28misfit

Established Member
Both these guys had it right, but they were all going with the 500 RWHP thing.

If you are OK with not hitting 500 till twin screw time, then you can omit the port. Without the port 500 ain't happening. I'm not a big fan of filling up juice tanks, so I rarely advise it.

If you are OK with 480s as the new goal, then I would do that list minus the port, but add in the BAP wire upgrade. It won't be 500 and over without the port though.

Some ported guys are making what I make with my Whipple. Consider it carefully, when you sell your blower, it will bring more and sell faster if it is ported.:beer:

hey thanks for the input..I dont need to hit 500rwhp right now. Just wanted to be in the ballpark until I decide what twin screw Im gonna buy. I think this year I wanna focus mostly on getting the car figured out at the track first with suspension and what not

Users who are viewing this thread