2.9 Whipple + 5.3 MMR Stroker Dyno Numbers

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
UPDATE ON POST #93 for those that have already read this thread.

Well after being down since thankgiving the car is finally done and driving, here are the numbers.

2004CobraDynoSheet14PSI.jpg

at only 14 PSI this car is seeing 660 HP to the tires, and 630 Torque. IAT's are nice and low and these numbers were made in 98 degree florida weather.

The whipple has the 3.5 inch pulley that came with it, on stock motors this pulley should make 17-19 PSI, we were expecting to see between 15-17 PSI but not 14! this motor really breaths.

I have the 3 inch pulley on order to put on the car, looking to make 18 PSI for street duty. Should be lookin at the 700 HP club after that. :rockon:

Not bad for 93 pump daily driver

Here is the mod list for those who haven't seen the previous build thread:

Motor:
Boss 302 Stroker Street Mod 1000S Shortblock (Stroked out to 5.3L)
Includes:
-MANLEY Forged H-beam Rods
-Coated Pistons
-ARP MAINSTUDS
-MMR Windage Tray w/Hardware kit
-Notched Pistons
-MMR Billet Rear main cover/block support w/hardware
-MMR Street/Racing Oil Pump
-MMR block side bolts
-ARP Mainstuds
-STAGE 3 PORT 4 VALVE
-MMR Bronze Valve Guides DOHC
-MMR Custom Blower cams for 4V DOHC (ALL) SPECIFY STAGE 3
-Comp High Performance 4V Spring kit
-ARP HEADSTUDS

Induction/Air
-Whipple 2.9
-JLT Cold air intake (high boost kit)
-Accufab throttle body 1700CFM
-SCT BA3000

Fuel/Air:
-Fore Precision Works Dual Walbro Billet Fuel Hat
-Fore Precision Works High Flow Fuel Rails
-Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pressure Regulator
-(2) Walbro GSS342 Fuel Pumps
-8an Fragola Series 8000 Push-Lite Race Hose
-Aeromotive 10 Micron Fuel Filter
-80# Siemens Deka injectors

Transmission:
-Pro Motion Performance Built T56 w/ Cryo'd frozen gears.
-Steeda TriAx Shifter
-Spec Stage 3+ Clutch Kit
-Liberty 26-Spline Input Shaft

Cooling:
-DOHC Cooling Mod (custom)
-Reische Performance 170 Degree High Performance Thermostat
-Afco Dual Pass heat exchanger

Suspension/Wheels:
-UPR K member w/ coil over conversion
-UPR Caster Camber plates
-UPR Motor Mounts
-Full Rear end braces and bushings
-17 x 10.5 stock replicas with nitto nt55r drag radials
-Stock 3.55 gears

Exhaust:
-Kooks 1 3/4 Longtubes w/ catted x pipe
-Borla Stingers

Last edited:

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
That is bad ass bro!

Thanks bud, i am beyond stoked, i went from a upper only cobra making 450 to 660, the power is unreal and the thing pulls all the way to redline, insane power, i mashed the go pedal after i picked the car up and before i realized it i was doing 135. What an unbelievable car.

14 pounds and 660! wow. you should def hit 700+ with 18psi.
do you have plans for e85?

Yeah i cant believe the power that it made, one thing about the whipple, there is absolutely no sound from the blower, at 14 PSI the 2.9 isn't even breaking a sweat, i bet at 18 PSI it wont even be that much louder. All i can say is that i'm impressed with the quality of the parts and how well they all work together.

I never got the components on my fuel system to run e85, i should have, but with the efficiency of the car now and the power that it is making, 93 pump is convenient and i just don't see the need right now. I couldn't imagine e85 with 22-23 PSI lol.

DevilSun

Established Member
The whipple has the 3.5 inch pulley that came with it, on stock motors this pulley should make 17-19 PSI, we were expecting to see between 15-17 PSI but not 14! this motor really breathes.
Yeah, I was really surprised how much PSI I lost running just a ported Eaton (same pulley as before my engine rebuild) by way of more displacement, ported heads and opening the exhaust way up. Before seeing the drop in pressure I had, I would have said the same (~2), after seeing it I would have said ~4.

None the less, awesome numbers man, that's a handful of fun :rockon:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Spin that thing to the moon and see what it will really do! Very nice setup & numbers.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
Nice number's.I have a MMR 1500 with ported heads Long tubes and whipple 3.4 crusher inlet my torque at 4500 rpm was 640 and my trans broke on the dyno.I just ordered a viper t-56 should be on in a week or so i,am hoping for 800hp.

stal94gt

Established Member
dual walbro gss42's may not be up the the job of 18# you may want to upgrade to a 3rd. great numbers for the boost. im excited to see what it spits out with 18#

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
well i have some of the most horrible news to report, driving the car home last night, do a nice 3rd gear pull, car feels great, drive it a few more miles and when i'm pulling up to my house the car starts sputtering and then dies right on the driveway. Its late so i didn't really get to take a good look to see what was going on. This morning i go to start the car and it idles like shit and dies after about 10 seconds of it trying to idle. And the motor is making some very bad noises, click clank, click clank. All i know is its broken and not going anywhere, so the enjoyment is short lived. I cant imagine what could have gone wrong.

Fuel pumps are on and working fine, i've got fuel pressure, (not to say it didn't run lean during the 3rd gear pull) but all seems fine under the hood. I am lost guys, i thought i built this car right and now this. I am absolutely sick right now....

jmstekguy

Established Member
well i have some of the most horrible news to report, driving the car home last night, do a nice 3rd gear pull, car feels great, drive it a few more miles and when i'm pulling up to my house the car starts sputtering and then dies right on the driveway. Its late so i didn't really get to take a good look to see what was going on. This morning i go to start the car and it idles like shit and dies after about 10 seconds of it trying to idle. And the motor is making some very bad noises, click clank, click clank. All i know is its broken and not going anywhere, so the enjoyment is short lived. I cant imagine what could have gone wrong.

Fuel pumps are on and working fine, i've got fuel pressure, (not to say it didn't run lean during the 3rd gear pull) but all seems fine under the hood. I am lost guys, i thought i built this car right and now this. I am absolutely sick right now....

no offense, but maybe ask your tuner to give you a dyno sheet with the "filter" value of 5-9 on the sheet, i have never seen anyone ever use "99" and still have an a/f chart that wonky...you will see that the "tune" maybe the issue here, sorry to here man.

derockgt

Established Member
sweet numbers. that sucks big time something went wrong already? i have a buddy with a KB 2.8 that just popped his motor but he was on stock block and everything.where abouts are you in FL?

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Wow this is terrible news man I'm really sorry to hear this hopefully it all gets worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread