going to 600+ zone and need help

Casper cobra

Established Member
I am planing to go with whipple 2.3L and i want to share the members experince to avoid any fault any recommendation would be appreciated
I need a list of supporting mods (air induction - fuel - ignitions....) to run the cobra fine (winter weekend use) street race and short cruise.
:read:

sorry i was suppose to list my current mods, here they are:
Induction
JLT CAI
Accufab single blade TB.
SCT xcall2 with custom tune from ATS
Exhaust
SLP 1 3/4 Long tube Headers.
SLP 2 1/2 Off road X-Pipe.
Magnaflow 2 1/2 cat back.
Cooling
LFP extreme dual core HE
LFP super tank (reservoir)
Pulley
BF 4 - idler kit (3-100mm, 1-90mm) including snup-idler.
Tires
Set of 275/40/17 Nitto DR.

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
Did you bother to search at all? Hell, half the TS crowd have their mod list in their sigs.
You do not need a list. What you need is to do research, then come back with questions that haven't been covered 1000 times.

But, for the hell of it, here's a good list for fuel stuff...with plenty of options: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ystem-upgrade-options-what-you-need-know.html

As for the other stuff, you will need injectors (60# are popular), plugs (tr6/br7), a belt, idlers, handheld tuner, MAF extender (SCT BA or MAF.ia model).
Additionally, if you get the SBTB model, you will obviously need a SBTB.

Some good mods to have, but not are not entirely necessary: your preference of intake (JLT is very popular), heat exchanger, intercooler tank. You will want some suspension upgrades, too...along with tires.

Start with that.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, if you get all the crap in my signature (though, I recommend another intake), you will be in good shape for ~600 rwhp.

Last edited:

JAYSVT06

Established Member
My mods are following:
2.3 Whipple, 3.0upper pulley only
Custom tune from rick @ amazon tuning solutions.
Mafia MAF
2 Ford GT supercar fuel pumps, modified stock hat. Wire upgrade.
Dual fuel pump driver modules.
63lb injectors.
JLT cold air intake.
Full idlers, heat exchanger, bigger intercooler tank (mine is batterybox location).
NKG tr6 plugs gapped at .32
head cooling mod.
X pipe and catback exhaust.
Subframe connectors.
And get an IRS brace.
thats the major stuff i dont think i left anything out?

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
mine is not 600rwhp, but probably close ( I would guess 575ish ).

Last tune was conservative, 10.8 AFR, 17 degrees timing. 540rwhp, 519ftlbs. using a 2.3 Gen 1 whipple with stock lower, 3" upper.

Since then I've changed to a 2.8" upper and seeing about 2lb more boost, along with a POSI ported stock trottlebody since I have the dual bore whipple inlet.

If I go E85, a Lethal Budget return fuel setup with 80lb injectors and probably around 4-5 degrees more timing, I would hope to get around 650rwhp.

Jsko

Established Member
You will need 60lb injectors for sure, and also a larger MAF. Cobra pumps should be fine, you can get by with a BAP and wire upgrade. Thats the route I took, made over 600 with no troubles.

cobra_mer

Established Member
You will need 60lb injectors for sure, and also a larger MAF. Cobra pumps should be fine, you can get by with a BAP and wire upgrade. Thats the route I took, made over 600 with no troubles.

+ this

Made 658 with 60lbers and a BaP.

you dont need to upgrade the fuel system any more than that unless you want to go more hp later and dont want to spend more $$ on labor

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
which JLT intake do you guys have that aid in the 600 rwhp mark....some say get the RAI or the fender one...big dif in price....dont want to spend more than i have to

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
which JLT intake do you guys have that aid in the 600 rwhp mark....some say get the RAI or the fender one...big dif in price....dont want to spend more than i have to

RAI will probably get you better #'s on the dyno but for street driving the the fenderwell intake will perform better.

Satyr

Established Member
upgrading the fuel system only by adding dule FBDM no need to change the OEM fuel pump?

Are you actually reading anything that's been posted? This question, along with your question about injectors, has been answered at least twice.

Satyr

Established Member
+ this

Made 658 with 60lbers and a BaP.

you dont need to upgrade the fuel system any more than that unless you want to go more hp later and dont want to spend more $$ on labor

mine is not 600rwhp, but probably close ( I would guess 575ish ).

Last tune was conservative, 10.8 AFR, 17 degrees timing. 540rwhp, 519ftlbs. using a 2.3 Gen 1 whipple with stock lower, 3" upper.

Since then I've changed to a 2.8" upper and seeing about 2lb more boost, along with a POSI ported stock trottlebody since I have the dual bore whipple inlet.

If I go E85, a Lethal Budget return fuel setup with 80lb injectors and probably around 4-5 degrees more timing, I would hope to get around 650rwhp.

My mods are following:
2.3 Whipple, 3.0upper pulley only
Custom tune from rick @ amazon tuning solutions.
Mafia MAF
2 Ford GT supercar fuel pumps, modified stock hat. Wire upgrade.
Dual fuel pump driver modules.
63lb injectors.
JLT cold air intake.
Full idlers, heat exchanger, bigger intercooler tank (mine is batterybox location).
NKG tr6 plugs gapped at .32
head cooling mod.
X pipe and catback exhaust.
Subframe connectors.
And get an IRS brace.
thats the major stuff i dont think i left anything out?

Did you bother to search at all? Hell, half the TS crowd have their mod list in their sigs.
You do not need a list. What you need is to do research, then come back with questions that haven't been covered 1000 times.

But, for the hell of it, here's a good list for fuel stuff...with plenty of options: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ystem-upgrade-options-what-you-need-know.html

As for the other stuff, you will need injectors (60# are popular), plugs (tr6/br7), a belt, idlers, handheld tuner, MAF extender (SCT BA or MAF.ia model).
Additionally, if you get the SBTB model, you will obviously need a SBTB.

Some good mods to have, but not are not entirely necessary: your preference of intake (JLT is very popular), heat exchanger, intercooler tank. You will want some suspension upgrades, too...along with tires.

Start with that.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, if you get all the crap in my signature (though, I recommend another intake), you will be in good shape for ~600 rwhp.
---------------------
need some one to direct me:shrug:
All of the above posts either directly answer your questions about the fuel system or reference them. What more direction do you need?

What questions, specifically, do you have? That may allow us to better help you.

Casper cobra

Established Member
i am already agree on:
60 - 63 lb injectors
sct 2600 MAF
new tune
my last issue is the fuel, i do read and research some post. but still confused
do to keep the OEM fuel pump OR change it to (ford GT / foucs)
i want to do it once a time for the current mods and future

Satyr

Established Member
i am already agree on:
60 - 63 lb injectors
sct 2600 MAF
new tune
my last issue is the fuel, i do read and research some post. but still confused
do to keep the OEM fuel pump OR change it to (ford GT / foucs)
i want to do it once a time for the current mods and future

Again...go to THIS thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ystem-upgrade-options-what-you-need-know.html

It explains all of your options. You do not need to upgrade pumps for 600-650 rwhp. If you plan to add anything in the future and want to get it all done at once, then you may want to upgrade to FGT pumps. Read through the thread that I linked...it tells you about everything and explains most things in an understandable way.

mach1033

Established Member
This is what I had when I ran a 2.3 whipple. Fore rails, 60lb inj, Y block, 8-an fuel line from tank to y block, aeromotive fuel filter, 2 FPDM's, GT pumps and Fore hat. I had the stock TB with a JLT RAI and BA-3000 SCT MAF. I had an AFCO heat exchanger, Lethals IC tank and Morroso overflow tank. Exhaust I had Mac LT's, Lethal X pipe and Magnapacks catback. I started at 17lbs of boost and then I cranked it to 21lbs. Never never never did I have any type of fuel isssue. Hope this helps.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
need some one to direct me:shrug:

Write this down.

{Fuel}BAP w/ wire upgrade (uses stock pumps)
60s

{To avoid pegging the MAF and leaning out}
MAF
or MAFia

SCT xcal or better so you can also data log and tweak as you learn more.

Pulley and belt selection can be done after the above minimum mods are done.
There are other ways to get enough fuel, but Focus pumps are no longer the "hot set up" it once was thought to be.

Users who are viewing this thread