Round 2-- Caged lower crank pulleys

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
We are finally ready to start a 2nd list, so anyone who is interested in one of these PM me for pricing info. The new revision of these lower pulleys have been changed slightly. The new style has a steel insert within the aluminum pulley where the bearing sits. Its also *somewhat* interchangeable, you can unbolt the outer ring but the way its designed you would have to take the whole lower assembly off the car (the bolts are on the harmonic balancer side). Just as last time around, i'll make a list to see how many people want in, if we reach our mininum number of 25 per size (if less, machining price goes up) then we'll have all of the parts machined, when the completion date nears everyone that has paid can remove their lower pulley assembly from their car and send it in. When we get everything together they will all be assembled and shipped back out. Again, like last time the whole process is dependent on the machine shop that we are dealing with, most likely the timeline could be the 8 week period. Actual downtime for your car would be significantly less since you wouldnt be sending in your lower assembly until around a week from when the machined parts are to be back in our possesion.
Obviously, i dont have an exact picture of what this new style looks like because they havent been made but i do have a picture of a prototype that looks somewhat similar.
IMG_0015.gif

oldmodman

Established Member
I have one of the first run. And couldn't be happier. But there is always room for a new modification.

If I ordered one of this run, but with two or three "pulley rings", say a two pound, a four, and a six, would each size require a 25 unit order?

Or would the main assembly be the 25 unit requirement, then just an extra part order for the different rings?

And is the steel center piece a required improvement, or is it to just to make assemble easier.

TRBO VNM

Can I change the lower ring to the new style without sending anything in? Just get the new ring and hardware and install myself?

Users who are viewing this thread