Round 2-- Caged lower crank pulleys

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member

just an improved design that makes it a little stronger and gives the crank pulley bearing a stronger seat to sit in, also a quick change design (sort of) although the bolts shouldve been made accessible on the outside, not the inside.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
I know this only been up for a few days but its apparent that this project is just going to cost too much for enough people to be in the market to want to buy one. Im basically the middle man so i have no say in the cost structure of this whole thing. By the time you factor in the machining costs, assorted parts cost (bearing, bolts, washers, snap rings, etc) powder coating costs, actual assembly time to build each one, driving across town getting everything together and etc. it justs adds up to where its not worth it to continue this. I do want to thank everyone for their interest and say sorry this isnt going to work out like we wanted it to.

oldmodman

Established Member
Sorry to hear that it won't happen this time around.

Makes me even gladder that I got one of the first run.

But if you change your mind, remember that there will always be people willing to pay for quality. Just not always enough of them.

Tractionless1

Established Member
just an improved design that makes it a little stronger and gives the crank pulley bearing a stronger seat to sit in, also a quick change design (sort of) although the bolts shouldve been made accessible on the outside, not the inside.

Has there been instances of the crank bearing hole in the 1st run units wallowing? :??:

I was hoping to get my 1gen unit upgraded to the new specs. Oh well it will continue to sit and be a paperweight until I get around to installing it.

rudycobra

Established Member
Has there been instances of the crank bearing hole in the 1st run units wallowing? :??:

I was hoping to get my 1gen unit upgraded to the new specs. Oh well it will continue to sit and be a paperweight until I get around to installing it.

I think u should give me your 6 lb for my 4 lb and some cash since your never gonna use it anyway ! :) lol

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member

Out of all of the ones we sold we only had one bearing issue come back to us. One of the members was running a belt that was way too tight (which also caused his tensioner to bottom out, ruining the crank bearing) he sent it back to us and we put the steel insert in there and installed a new bearing. When doing projects like this you try to design these things as bulletproof as possible but there is always a way they can still be destroyed.

codycat91

Established Member
It was gonna be upwards of $700, possible over $800 which is absolutely ridiculous. I know you're the middle man and shit adds up but it shouldn't add up that much. Think of all the machine work on pretty much anything for that much. I am getting my teksid block bored and honed, main caps aligned, thermal cleaned, and torque plated for $420

5f95fbfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

101blur

Established Member
It was gonna be upwards of $700, possible over $800 which is absolutely ridiculous. I know you're the middle man and shit adds up but it shouldn't add up that much. Think of all the machine work on pretty much anything for that much. I am getting my teksid block bored and honed, main caps aligned, thermal cleaned, and torque plated for $420

5f95fbfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.. Really no doubt be a nice product but I can't see justifying turning out the expense for it sorry. Best of luck

A-spec

Established Member
pm me a price for a 4lb lower! and price for just a 2lb ring. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread