Vmp vs kb bap.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member

Svtcobra500

Established Member
Yes I know this but what is the max hp everyone getting out or the two with stock fuel system. Can I get 700 whp with just one of these bap.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Yes I know this but what is the max hp everyone getting out or the two with stock fuel system. Can I get 700 whp with just one of these bap.

i know someone that was doing around 650 rwhp with just a kb bap. im pretty sure he was maxed out , i wouldnt go anywhere past 600 rwhp on a bap. imo

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member

One of our shop cars has a VMP TVS 2.3 using stock pumps, VMP FPVB and ID1000s. He is at 640ish on race gas but is definitely as far as he can go.
Keep in mind also your stock pumps are 9-10 years old.
Fuel is life for our motors.
If 700 is your goal you should upgrade your fuel system.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
One of our shop cars has a VMP TVS 2.3 using stock pumps, VMP FPVB and ID1000s. He is at 640ish on race gas but is definitely as far as he can go.
Keep in mind also your stock pumps are 9-10 years old.
Fuel is life for our motors.
If 700 is your goal you should upgrade your fuel system.

Iv'e been considering the ID 1000's over my new FRPP 80's....... How much better results have you seen with the ID's as far as idling, driveability and ease of tuning?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Iv'e been considering the ID 1000's over my new FRPP 80's....... How much better results have you seen with the ID's as far as idling, driveability and ease of tuning?

Justin is a big fan of the ID1000s. Not so much on the 80s.
The IDs idle great and deliver plenty of fuel.

This is from Justin to me on the subject of 80s based upon info rec'd from a Ford calibrator.

"The 80s have no control below 2ms PW, idle happens to be around 1.5-1.75ms PW, its evident when you try to tune them. This results in rich a/f at idle, customers with a wideband will see this, those without will not “ignorance is bliss”.

With your car on E85 it is not bad due to the higher fuel requirement."

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Then a Fore hat with gt pumps, twin FPDM's and a -8an fuel line upgrade will work perfect for your goals and reduce pressure spikes that cause FRPS failures.

X2 I did this minus dual FPDM, i cheaped out a little and went with a modded piece.

Users who are viewing this thread