Good ground clearance as they tuck up well

IMG_1362.jpg

Hug the floor very nicely

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
nice, ive been wanting to see these and hear them on a terminator for a while i know they are some of the best headers you can get, i would go with them over kooks anyday

04torchred

Established Member
Wow! That clearance is perfect! Do you think you can change the clutch with those things on?

The tranny is 2 piece so you unbolt the tranny from the bellhousing and remove it. Then you unbolt the bellhousing from the block and remove it. I have done a clutch with my old MACs in so doing a clutch job with these will be the same dance.

These are a 1-3/4" x 3" header as well. A 1-5/8 x 2.5" will have a bit extra clearance.

Last edited:

djtyau

Established Member
The tranny is 2 piece so you unbolt the tranny from the bellhousing and remove it. Then you unbolt the bellhousing from the block and remove it. I have done a clutch with my old MACs in so doing a clutch job with these will be the same dance.

These are a 1-3/4" x 3" header as well. A 1-5/8 x 2.5" will have a bit extra clearance.

Yeah, I know how to install a clutch. I was just wondering if there is enough room.

Looks great, btw.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Wow, the ground clearance on that thing is alot better than i thought. I even think it might be higher than my current setup. I wonder if Kooks clearance are as good also...

04torchred

Established Member
How long did it take and did you cuss a lot, lol.

Install time is going to be ****ed because I built k-member spacers for the 3.4L Whipple I have coming half way through.

I would say about 6-6.5 hours. I only really cussed a lot doing up the top nut on primary 3 and 4. It was a huge MF, I ended up reaching from cylinder 1 down with a long 13 then having to go underneath and use the cut wrench to turn the nut enough that I could get back on it from up top. Open end of the wrench only on the last primary.

They are very nice and I doubt Kooks has ground clearance like them. These are probably just as good as the ground clearance I had with MACs and these are a 3" collector :banana:

04torchred

Established Member
Yeah, I know how to install a clutch. I was just wondering if there is enough room.

Looks great, btw.

It would be super tight I think. You might get it down and out, but I would probably just split the tranny and bellhousing and come out that way. Less fighting involved.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Install time is going to be ****ed because I built k-member spacers for the 3.4L Whipple I have coming half way through.

I would say about 6-6.5 hours. I only really cussed a lot doing up the top nut on primary 3 and 4. It was a huge MF, I ended up reaching from cylinder 1 down with a long 13 then having to go underneath and use the cut wrench to turn the nut enough that I could get back on it from up top. Open end of the wrench only on the last primary.

They are very nice and I doubt Kooks has ground clearance like them. These are probably just as good as the ground clearance I had with MACs and these are a 3" collector :banana:

Where did you buy them again? I deleated your pm you sent me a while ago by accident.
I've narrowed it down to these, Kooks, and SLP's.

04torchred

Established Member
Where did you buy them again? I deleated your pm you sent me a while ago by accident.
I've narrowed it down to these, Kooks, and SLP's.

I got mine directly from American Racing Headers and talked with Nick. If kooks hang lower I would do these over them, nothing crappier then denting a primary or collector.

04torchred

Established Member
Do you got any sound clips? What kind of catback you running? Catted or o/r mid-pipe?

On the dyno. Borla stinger catback, 3" off road x-pipe(from ARH) and the 1-3/4x3 headers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PhUGsb-hTc"]YouTube - 3.4 Dyno Run[/ame]

With no catback hooked up, just off the midpipe.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAkraI3jxF8&feature=related"]YouTube - Whipple 3.4[/ame]

04torchred

Established Member
^Thanks. Is it real raspy? Im trying to decide if I should go with cats or not.

It only has some rasp if I am half on it at lower rpms. At WOT its clean. The exhaust is very clean sounding/smooth for the most part. Like I said only real rasp I can get his half throttled lower in the rpms.

I think rasp will more come from the mufflers you have, the stingers are about as straight through as you get.

Users who are viewing this thread