SVTPerformance Previews MGW's Revised Orange Handle For 82-04 Mustangs

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

We were recently invited to Augusta, GA by our good friends at MGW Shifters to check out their newly renovated facilities and a new product they are introducing for their 2004 and earlier Mustang shifters. MGW's Orange Shift Handle has long been a popular choice, supplanting the older red and blue handles, for their top-loader style shifters. However, it does have a weakness. It is only adjustable around a single axis.

With MGW's Revised Orange Handle customers will now have two axises of adjustment, which will allow the shift ball to be properly centered. This will eliminate the awkward off-center look of the old handles. To even further enhance the adjustability and ability to customize the new handle to the driver's tastes MGW will be offering the stainless steel handle inserts in several different styles. This gives the end customer an unequaled level of adjustment to set the shifter up exactly the way the want it. That's a feature you will only find with an MGW shifter.

After the shifter business was taken care of we decided to check out a part of MGW's business with which you may not be familiar. Most don't know that the letters MGW actually stand for Maryland Gun Works. That's right, MGW's roots are in the firearms industry. Even today, firearms component manufacturing makes of the vast majority of MGW's business. Like any good enterprise the guys who make the products are proud of their work and take an interest in field in which they work. As such, "Casual Friday" takes on a whole new meaning at MGW. Check out the pics below:

MGW recently renovated their facilities and added a dedicated installation area where they offer free installation of their products.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_024.jpg

Unmatched quality along with continuous improvement and innovation are the hallmarks of MGW's business philosophy.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_023.jpg

MGW's quality and completeness are industry leading in every way.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_021.jpg

The new handle allows you to position the shifter exactly where you want it to be.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_020.jpg

MGW will be offering a variety of stainless steel handle options.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_001.jpg

It takes a lot of coolant to keeps the bits from burning up on a high-speed CNC mill.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_002.jpg

MGW's mills are busy billet parts.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_004.jpg

We got to see how MGW punishes an employee that took a bit too long of a lunch break.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_005.jpg

He told us it was worth it.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_006.jpg

This CNC band-saw is cutting out blanks for what will eventually become an MGW billet shifter component.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_022.jpg

Apparently MGW makes parts for the Enterprise's warp core.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_007.jpg

A newly finished billet shifter base.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_008.jpg

It's amazing just how quickly these machines can crank out these shifter parts.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_009.jpg

This is what Casual Friday looks like at MGW.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_010.jpg

Picnic tables are for food? Not according to these guys.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_011.jpg

Is this sort of thing encouraged at your job?

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_012.jpg

Exploding targets anyone?

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_013.jpg

Sure, why not?

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_014.jpg

BOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_015.jpg

I think George@MGW likes making things explode.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_016.jpg

MGW does more than just make mods for your car.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_017.jpg

They also make mods for your firearms.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_018.jpg

Unbelievably, most of these shifters are already sold. MGW often has a waiting list for their parts, but they are definitely worth the wait.

MGW_Revised_Orange_Handle_019.jpg

Special Thanks To:

MGW Ltd.

StacyStangz Photography

-SID297:beer:

ECmuscle

Established Member
Its about time, I've been looking at my handle for months trying to figure out how I could bring it a little closer to me.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Nice write up on new Shifter..... However, I don't see any pricing.... nor does the MGW website have any updates to it that I could see advertising this new piece...

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Nice write up on new Shifter..... However, I don't see any pricing.... nor does the MGW website have any updates to it that I could see advertising this new piece...

this new handle will be available right after mustang week next week. we have them out at the platers.

the shifter will not increase in price due to this new design. but it will go up about 3 bucks because we are also adding a new sound/heat barrier sheet like the newer shifters have due to customer demand.

the shifters will come with your choice of one shaft with additional shafts being offered for around 15 bucks.

for those with our original orange handle if they want to upgrade they can get the new handle with one shaft for 45 dollars. each addtional handle will be 15 bucks.

regards
george

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Thanks for the update MGW (for the older stangs), I trust you guys and will be ordering a shifter for my '13 5.0.

Its pretty badass that you guys make parts for guns too, that in itself tells me you guys make high end stuff!

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
for those with our original orange handle if they want to upgrade they can get the new handle with one shaft for 40 dollars. each addtional handle will be 15 bucks.

regards
george

Awesome! Thanks for the information George. I appreciate it. I re-watched the video and heard the presenter say in a couple of weeks.... My bad...
I will be looking after Mustang week.

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Can this shifter fit on a T56 Magnum, or should you just buy the handle base/handle shaft because I never got a straight answer.

Users who are viewing this thread