got my maximum 6 point roll bar in!

20psirabbit

Established Member
picked up my nhra legal bar from mm last week, just picked it up from the shop today! it's a bolt in bar, but requires a bit of welding and i don't have access to a welder :(
anyway it's a 6 point, fixed harness bar, with swingout door bars. sorry for the poor quality pics, it was a few rushed pics on my phone. i'll get some better pics after i pull it back out and powdercoat it.

1244490681.jpg

1244490637.jpg

1244490664.jpg

i also had the guys tie the feet into the subframe connectors while they were there.

1244490632.jpg

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Good deal!

You might as well delete those back seats though.

They don't look too inviting to passengers.

20psirabbit

Established Member
yeah, they were just test fitting them to see how they'd fit if I wanted to retain them. I'm kind of on the fence since the vert back seats don't weigh anything. Nobody's definitely getting back there, but if it looks simpler and cleaner easier than a rear seat delete, then I might just leave it, so we'll see.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Can the back seats stay in a coupe too? I really don't want to take the Mystichrome seats out. I like how the bar connects through the floor and ties into the subframe connectors.

20psirabbit

Established Member
I'm thinking about color matching the bar to the car. Everybody does black, I think I want to do it a little different.
I think the coupe bar will retain the back seat as well but I'm not sure. Maximum is pretty good about that kind of stuff. Best bet for sure is to call mm and ask them. Btw I picked the bar up from them personally as I was in their area working, they worked around my schedule and had it ready for me quick to pick up, they're really good people. :beer:

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
yeah, they were just test fitting them to see how they'd fit if I wanted to retain them. I'm kind of on the fence since the vert back seats don't weigh anything. Nobody's definitely getting back there, but if it looks simpler and cleaner easier than a rear seat delete, then I might just leave it, so we'll see.

i'll still find a way back there...:poke:

Tractionless1

Established Member
I'm thinking about color matching the bar to the car. Everybody does black, I think I want to do it a little different.
I think the coupe bar will retain the back seat as well but I'm not sure. Maximum is pretty good about that kind of stuff. Best bet for sure is to call mm and ask them. Btw I picked the bar up from them personally as I was in their area working, they worked around my schedule and had it ready for me quick to pick up, they're really good people. :beer:

I'm with ya on that, mine will be Mystichrome. :rockon:

20psirabbit

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments :beer:
Tractionless1, I think I'm even more excited see your mystichrome car with matching bar than mine LOL, that would look awesome :rockon:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments :beer:
Tractionless1, I think I'm even more excited see your mystichrome car with matching bar than mine LOL, that would look awesome :rockon:

Thanks it will be a long way off though. Plan on a clutch, spray, skinnies, and a spray tune before I even think of a bar. Plus it's a coupe, so not much exposure. I'll be leaving my rear seat in though, care bare taking Mystichrome rear seats out. :nono:

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
How fast will that allow you to run?

i believe per NHRA rules, that cage is good up until 10.00 e.t.

does it have to have that diagonal bar in the middle of the back? i need to cage my vert as well. i wonder if it ould fit under a cdc light bar

the diagonal bar is not standard...he ordered it special from maximum for extra strength...

Users who are viewing this thread