got my maximum 6 point roll bar in!

20psirabbit

Established Member
i believe mm specifically states it will not work with a light bar. the diagonal bar is an add-on option for $50. i got it for some additional strength should the worst case happen, and i also want the car to be as strong as possible, plus i like the look a little better :)
oldmodman, i believe thedarkness03 is right, i believe it's good to a 10.00 e.t.
yosemiddysam, i don't know if you want to put that vert on a track at all, but i know nhra has rules about the rear bars. i think they can only run 1 bend or no bends depending on the situation for whatever it's worth. just looking out :beer:

Red3

Established Member
can you take some pics of how it goes through the seats for me? i dont want to cut holes in my plastics. would it be possible to just make it come up a lil bit shorter? like cut a couple in off the bottom so that it sat a lil bit lower

20psirabbit

Established Member
it'll be a bit but i will get some pics when i pull it back out. and FWIW in a vert the rear points don't go through the plastics at all. the go right between the rear seat and the plastics. i'll trim some foam out of the seat corner and it'll fit perfectly.

cobraracer46

Banned
for those of you that are curious as to what a Griggs Racing convertible roll bar kit looks like, here is a pic of one that I fully welded in to my Cobra.
3255494757_97bd7e5206_b.jpg

Last edited:

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
i believe mm specifically states it will not work with a light bar. the diagonal bar is an add-on option for $50. i got it for some additional strength should the worst case happen, and i also want the car to be as strong as possible, plus i like the look a little better :)
oldmodman, i believe thedarkness03 is right, i believe it's good to a 10.00 e.t.
yosemiddysam, i don't know if you want to put that vert on a track at all, but i know nhra has rules about the rear bars. i think they can only run 1 bend or no bends depending on the situation for whatever it's worth. just looking out :beer:

Why wouldnt I want to put my Vert on the Track. I absolutely love racing it.

20psirabbit

Established Member
That griggs bar looks good! That is the type of bar I want!

are you talking about mine? mine isn't griggs, it's maximum motorsport. i didn't see if griggs makes one for our cars?

yosimmedysam- i didn't know if you did or didn't want to race it, especially since it seems you own a hardtop as well :) and mm does offer a six point, mine is a six point. the door bars aren't in for the pics. they offer the bar with swingout or fixed door bars.

20psirabbit

Established Member
took a few more pics the other day with an actual camera LOL, nothing crazy detailed, but more general shots just to show how the cage looks in the car.
when i pull the cage back out to go to powdercoat i'll get some more detailed pics.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0007-7.jpg

DSC_0018-18.jpg

DSC_0043-43.jpg

DSC_0078-57.jpg

DSC_0079-58.jpg

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Really nice job. I've debated for a couple of years whether or not to put a roll bar in mine. I think I'm done dragging her for a while so maybe the desire will pass. Yours and the griggs both look well done and certainly worthwhile. Have fun with it and look forward to the powdercoating.

Ralo

Established Member
took a few more pics the other day with an actual camera LOL, nothing crazy detailed, but more general shots just to show how the cage looks in the car.
when i pull the cage back out to go to powdercoat i'll get some more detailed pics.

DSC_0018-18.jpg
Not a huge fan of cowl hood on these but that is one mean looking car

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
picked up my nhra legal bar from mm last week, just picked it up from the shop today! it's a bolt in bar, but requires a bit of welding and i don't have access to a welder :(
anyway it's a 6 point, fixed harness bar, with swingout door bars. sorry for the poor quality pics, it was a few rushed pics on my phone. i'll get some better pics after i pull it back out and powdercoat it.

1244490681.jpg

1244490637.jpg

1244490664.jpg

i also had the guys tie the feet into the subframe connectors while they were there.

1244490632.jpg

I'm putting a custom cage in my vert when I get it running. Do you feel a noticeable difference in chassis rigidity while driving? I put a mm kmember in it and already have mm subframe connectors. I'll probably have a rear strut tower brace fabbed up with the cage also.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Can the back seats stay in a coupe too? I really don't want to take the Mystichrome seats out. I like how the bar connects through the floor and ties into the subframe connectors.

I contacted MM about their coupe bar. You will still be able to retain the rear seat because but you have to cut holes in the plastic interior panels next to the seat. I was hoping it would install similar to the vert setup because I would rather keep the rear seat or go rear seat delete than cut up interior plastic. The dude was kind of snotty about it to......."our roll bars are made for stength not for ease of installation." is what he said.

20psirabbit

Established Member
that's weird, i've called mm a bunch of times with (usually with dumb questions lol) and they've been nothing but polite and nice, maybe you got a guy on a bad day :shrug:
plan b, i'm jealous of your k-member, that's the last think suspension-wise i need to get to on mine :) and yes, i did notice a stiffer feel in the car. in fact when i left the shop on the way home the car felt quite a bit flatter around a long sweeping on ramp onto the freeway, which made me happy. i was also thinking about having a reat shock tower bar fabbed up on mine in the future as well.

Users who are viewing this thread