99 Cobra power?

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
Hey everyone I was curious what a 99 Cobra with all the bolt-ons would dyno? Full exhaust including longtubes, pullies, dyno tune, CAI etc. Thanks

chuckstang

Established Member
it really depends, anywhere from 280's to 325
not everyone gets up that high so do not be dissapointed
go with steeda pullies, jlt cai, longtubes of ur choice, bassani x, and some straight throug muffler and finally 410 or higher and you will love it

RioRed4v

Established Member
hey sean..how come danny doesnt ever ask his own questions??? lol

i got 305rwhp out of mine with just pullies, prochamber, mac catback and a K&N.

i've since then added a bassani x, magnapacks, JLT CAI, pro-m maf, & gears. i want to get back out to the dyno before it heats up out here again.

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
This is actually for me, im trying to decide when I sell my 98 GT if I should get a 98 Cobra or a 99 Cobra.

RioRed4v

Established Member
99 fo shizzly, well, unless the difference in price means alot.

only downside to the 99's IMO is the IRS.

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
Slow98GT said:
Hey everyone I was curious what a 99 Cobra with all the bolt-ons would dyno? Full exhaust including longtubes, pullies, dyno tune, CAI etc. Thanks
My 99 has those power adding mods: Steeda pullies, Bassani after cats, JLT CAI, Kooks catted H pipe and LT s/s headers, SCT 4 bank chip and JDM tune :banana: 324.65 RWHP; 324.09 RWT :thumbsup:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
RioRed4v said:
which can be made to work to handle high hp just fine with 03 tank and aviator pumps

Sure, anything CAN be made to do whatever you want. Hell you CAN make a returness fuel system a return fuel system. Bottom line is out of the box the 99-01 Cobra on boost is very difficult to get to run right.

RioRed4v

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Sure, anything CAN be made to do whatever you want. Hell you CAN make a returness fuel system a return fuel system. Bottom line is out of the box the 99-01 Cobra on boost is very difficult to get to run right.

true..kinda..possibly.

i'd say that more or less lies in the hands of the tuner, and what the owner took into consideration for fuel system prep. an aviator pump in a 99/01 tank can support a decent amount of power as well, but once again, its more or less a tuning issue at that point.

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
RioRed4v said:
99 fo shizzly, well, unless the difference in price means alot.

only downside to the 99's IMO is the IRS.

How much more does say a stock 99 cobra with 50k miles cost to a stock 98 cobra with 50k miles?

RioRed4v

Established Member
a guy in my club just picked up a 99 from Colorado off eBay for 10,500 with 40k miles. Another guy got his 99 for 12k out the door with 60k miles, and another guy in my club got his for like 11500 with 70k miles. So if you look for a bone stock one, and look hard enough, you can find them pretty cheap.

98's from what i've seen are about +/- 2k cheaper depending on the miles and the deal you'd be getting.

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
Right on, 2 questions how can you tell if the car has seriously had the "fix" and how hard is a solid axle swap?

RioRed4v

Established Member
there will be either a green or blue dot either on the intake or the alternator.

and a solid swap isnt to hard as long as you have a few hands that are willing to help out, and you have enough jacks/jackstands/tools.

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
Im really starting to consider a 99 Cobra, I like the idea of no IMRC's to clean, no wires and coil packs, the electric speedo thing, newer heads, only real thing I dont like is the irs and traction control which can be fixed.

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
One more thing do 99 Cobras burn some oil? I read somewhere that they burn some oil normally and just wanted to make sure if they do or not. Thanks guys

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
They *shouldn't* burn oil unless they are sucking in a bunch through the PCV system. Mine doesn't burn any oil.

Users who are viewing this thread