NEW!! Water Inlet / Outlet fittings for ALL DOHC heads

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MMR has released our new water inlet / outlet fittings designed for all DOHC heads including B heads. These allow for custom water plumbing, head cooling mods etc. Water can even be plumbed to the rear of the engine for clean appearance and Front throttle body designs!

UPDATE: Now available in -8, -10 and -12 sizes and in a head cooling mod kit also (see website for details)

From the MMR site:

Want to plumb your water system using stronger and blow proof AN fittings, then you need these. Includes 2 fittings, hardware and O rings. Fits ALL DOHC heads including B heads. Can be used on front or rear location of head - rear location simply requires removal of the factory freeze plug on some applications. Can also be used to join cylinder head passages together for cylinder head cooling mod. Fittings use -12 Size .

$119pr

mmr%20water%202.jpg

MMR%20water%201.jpg

IMAG0941.jpg

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Q1: So these fittings can be used to create an evenflow type 7/8 cylinder cooling mod???

Q2: Any tech help/articles on the use of these in head cooling mods?

These fittings look better than evenflows in that they are straight out of freeze plug with no elbow..nice work.

01yellercobra

Established Member
it looks like it is mounted on the front where the crossover tube goes..

There are freeze plugs in the back of the heads that you can put these in to make the cross over. The holes are the same on the front and back of the head so they can be mounted on either side of the motor.

shurur

Established Member
ouch..the rent is too damn high....

And all for a single damn O-ring fixture...

Does MMR care to give the diameter of this fixture?...both inner (flush to fixture..or actual fixture diameter..not including o-ring groove) and outer o-ring diameter??/..POOR WORKING-CLASS MUSTANG DIY folk want to know...

Also does MMR care to give the formal name(s) and size of this this type of (expansion plug replacement ) fixture??

ouch..the rent is too damn high....

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Q1:
so first of all why are these sold as a (very expensive) pair, when a Driver's side head cooling mod only needs one fixture??

Q2:
And if even if MMR sold these fixtures separately at $60/fixture, how is that overall cheaper than buying a complete On3 mod on ebay and a $4-$10 Brass elbow replacement fitting on ebay??

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have had many questions regarding the location of these. The MMR fittings are for the tops of the head only (such as the front or rear locations) not the back (horizontal) parts which we will be adding soon.

MMR

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Got any pics of the plumbing you can do with these?

It would be cool to see pictures of all the different plumbing configurations that are possible.
Like you guys said, you can plumb them in the back of the heads.. Would you just plug up the front?

If plumbed from the front, you could either run 2 lines to the radiator, or run them into a Y block then run a single line to the radiator..

If you plumbed them in the rear of the heads, you could install bulkheads in the firewall or inner fenders on either side, then hide the hoses behind the inner fenders leading up to the radiator in the front.

I'd just like to see the possibilities and ideas. Where the lines are routed, etc. You can get real creative with AN hoses and fittings.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Since someone ask, I figured I would share how I routed my coolant system... these aren't the beautiful pieces that MMR has for sale, but something I made instead..but you get the picture.

299823_10150429836909948_656049947_10379077_2051647686_n.jpg

[youtube_browser]ffzO-xHd90k[/youtube_browser]

I have two welded in inlets on the radiator
one big welded out inlet and it connects to the AN bung welded unto the oil cooler.

Works great!

Users who are viewing this thread