Real 03/04 cobra heat extractor hood, not stock

racebronco2

Established Member
I have a modded for sale. This is only cooling mod that will allow your car to actually run cooler at all temps while open tracking, no more limp mode even in 100* weather, taking for granted you are using the eaton. This is one of three hoods that i modded. You can either install a mesh grill or even close the opening off for the raining season. I run my car all year round without closing off the vents. It increases downforce by creating a vaccum at the leading edge of the vents and it literally extracts the air from under the hood/ radiator. The price is 800.00 for the hood which is also painted silver on the underside of the hood. local only, will not ship ... sorry. A bigger radiator, h/e, remote thermostat, boxing in the radiator or a separate oil cooler will not allow your car to run any cooler then this hood. At the mojave mile a 490hp eaton 03 cobra did 164.xx and a 550hp whipple cobra did 161mph, the only difference was the hood. Below is a video showing how stable the car is going 172.xx mph.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/2004...le_2065427.htm

paulshood3medium.jpg

paulshood2medium.jpg

paulshood1medium.jpg

racebronco2

Established Member
Here are some pictures of the underside of the hood. I know the price is high but for the person with a silver cobra there is no painting involved. It costs 200.00 for the hood, 300.00 to mod the hood and 700.00 to get the hood painted.
sdc10115medium.jpg

sdc10114medium.jpg

wheelhopper

Established Member
Carlos if you were willing to ship, I am pretty sure that I could have a buyer for it. A friend of mine has an '03 silver Terminator that he regularly tracks. This would be perfect for him. But driving to Cali is not an option.

racebronco2

Established Member
I guess if i went to the local body parts supplier i could get a used hood box to ship it. If your friend is interested i could find out how much.

oldmodman

Established Member
Are you still doing the mod on peoples hoods? Or do you have an already modded, but un painted hood? I would like to get one for my 03 Zinc Yellow Cobra. And since I need to get some other parts painted now would be a good time to get a hood painted too.

racebronco2

Established Member
My hood is not cost effective. The louvers on the hood i could do but the front of the hood in lowered down 2" where the grill is located and the rear of the hood is extended 2" rearward, it has a lip which forces the air upwards at the windshield. The extension of the hood took more time then the lowered hood vents.

racebronco2

Established Member
You paid $700 just for painting the hood??

The owner paid about 700.00. I did not finish the underside of the hood because i thought it was only to be used as an open track hood. The painter finish the underside and painted both sides.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Nothing has to be changed or re-located. Just remove you hood and install this hood.

I am considering shipping the hood now.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
My hood is not cost effective. The louvers on the hood i could do but the front of the hood in lowered down 2" where the grill is located and the rear of the hood is extended 2" rearward, it has a lip which forces the air upwards at the windshield. The extension of the hood took more time then the lowered hood vents.

How about like your hood but with only the "tiger racing"/ACR Viper style vents done to it???

racebronco2

Established Member
Cutting and adding the vents are not that hard, the hard part is getting the hood sanded and finished between the louvers. The temp difference was only a few degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread