Al Gore seems to be winning his fictitious war

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
I took my DD Nissan Frontier into the dealership today for my yearly Pennsylvania State Safety Inspection and State Emission's Inspection tests, and decided to wait around until my vehicle was finished. As I was waiting I figured I would walk around and look at some new 2010 Frontier's they had on their lot.

As I am reading the window sticker for a particular Frontier I notice a little green window sticker on top of the Nissan build sticker. And I could not believe it. So I then looked around and saw that every car on the lot had one. This is what I saw...

greenz.jpg

Seriously WTF? :cuss:

Now I have not looked at new cars in a while but I know for a fact I have never seen one of these. Does anyone know how long they have been putting these stickers on new cars for? It seems Al Gore and/or spin off agencies are gaining the upper hand, and lining their pockets with GREEN as well.

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Yuck!!!!!! Who the hell wants to not pollute. Helping to preserve our own environment!!! **** THAT!!!

Edit: I will say this. It is completely bullshit for Al Gore to profit off a global issue that effects everyone. It'd be like someone making a book and movie about the aids epidemic in Africa and making tens of millions. Not cool.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i first saw those at the ford dealership last year. the fusion hybrid scored very high on both.

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Just out of curiosity anyone know how well the GT500's are in terms of smog? I had heard that they were surprising clean for such a car.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
When I bought our 2010 Legacy, a selling point the salesperson tried on me on how 'green' the car was built. I told them I could careless how green it is. Same thing with my plasma tv and how it uses more energy. I don't care. I pay for it!

F' this crap.

chaoticdismay

dr. hobo
Established Member
my fiance and i bought an equinox a month or so ago and i don't recall seeing a green sticker like that on the car (it may have been part of the regular window sticker though).

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
my fiance and i bought an equinox a month or so ago and i don't recall seeing a green sticker like that on the car (it may have been part of the regular window sticker though).
It might be because OP is in cali. The air nazi's here (C.A.R.B.) have made this place a nightmare for people with modded cars. In the past 3 years they started pushing more into new car buyers as well with stickers such as this as well as tax breaks on cars that are cleaner.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
It might be because OP is in cali. The air nazi's here (C.A.R.B.) have made this place a nightmare for people with modded cars. In the past 3 years they started pushing more into new car buyers as well with stickers such as this as well as tax breaks on cars that are cleaner.

I took my DD Nissan Frontier into the dealership today for my yearly Pennsylvania State Safety Inspection

:read:

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Yuck!!!!!! Who the hell wants to not pollute. Helping to preserve our own environment!!! **** THAT!!!

Edit: I will say this. It is completely bullshit for Al Gore to profit off a global issue that effects everyone. It'd be like someone making a book and movie about the aids epidemic in Africa and making tens of millions. Not cool.

What flavor Kool-Aid are you currently drinking???

What pisses me off is that this "California Enviornmental Protection Agency - Air Resources Board" uses the term "Global Warming Score." There is not one shred of DIRECT scientific evidence that Human's are facilitating the effect of rising temperature's across the globe. This false premise has been deductively used to derive the term "Global Warming". Just like Al Gore and all of the BS that he spews, the term Global Warming is now just thrown around and assumed to be scientific fact.

(Layman's terms: you can't create a term and pass it off to be fact if the argument that that it is based from is false or has not been proven to be fact.)

I would have no problem if they put a sticker inside of a new car that listed all of the exhaust gases and labeled what percentage or PPM's (Parts Per Million) of the specific gas a particular car was giving off in relation to others. Then, if they so felt, they could make reference to whatever direct scientific correlations they would like to emphasize. But do not emphasize a term that has been proven to be at the very most, moderatly hypothetical.

"SMOG" I am ok with, "Global Warming" I am not.

With masses of people seeing this term used everyday more and more people are beginning to believe/ASSUME that "Global Warming" is scientific fact, and it sickens me... Not like my re-vised version of this sticker would at all change my own decision if I bought the car or not, BUT at least then it would be factual.

Last edited:

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
I looked at the sticker smart guy. Its from CARB and the California division of the EPA. So i guess we are both wrong and right :pepper:

I live in Pennsylvania, so why the **** is there California EPA stickers on a car I am looking to buy from a dealership in PA to begin with? That is the other part of this equation that pisses me off as well.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
no P.A.R.B.? :shrug:

i could see them putting it on the cars if it was a strong selling point but it obviously isnt one for that vehicle lol. and i cant imagine theyre being forced to...? although many states are following CARBs lead. ive heard that eventually all 50 states will follow CARBs rules. :bored: perhaps PA is already "encouraging" PA dealers to do this :shrug:

a number of people here on svtp work at dealerships. im sure somebody has to know.

chaoticdismay

dr. hobo
Established Member
What flavor Kool-Aid are you currently drinking???

What pisses me off is that this "California Enviornmental Protection Agency - Air Resources Board" uses the term "Global Warming Score." There is not one shred of DIRECT scientific evidence that Human's are facilitating the effect of rising temperature's across the globe. This false premise has been deductively used to derive the term "Global Warming". Just like Al Gore and all of the BS that he spews, the term Global Warming is now just thrown around and assumed to be scientific fact.

I would have no problem if they put a sticker inside of a new car that listed all of the exhaust gases and labeled what percentage or PPM's (Parts Per Million) of the specific gas a particular car was giving off in relation to others. Then, if they so felt, they could make reference at the bottom to whatever direct scientific correlations they would like to emphasize. But do not emphasize a term that has been proven to be at the very most, moderatly hypothetical.

"SMOG" I am ok with, "Global Warming" I am not.

With masses of people seeing this term used everyday more and more people are beginning to believe/ASSUME that "Global Warming" is scientific fact, and it sickens me...

Not like my re-vised version of this sticker would at all change my own decision if I bought the car or not, BUT at least then it would be factual.

i feel the same way about the misuse of the word "Global Warming" but my "explanation" comes from a geological (more specific kind of science) standpoint.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
i feel the same way about the misuse of the word "Global Warming" but my "explanation" comes from a geological (more specific kind of science) standpoint.

I hear ya. My standpoint is of the Philosophical Law of Reasoning sort. I would be more than happy to hear what you as a geologist have to say on the subject. :beer:

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member

I am glad you had something constructive to add to this post. If I am a "dumbass" please explain your reasoning? I think it will be you who turns out to be the donkey. :poke:

Last edited:

chaoticdismay

dr. hobo
Established Member
I hear ya. My standpoint is of the Philosophical Law of Reasoning sort. I would be more than happy to hear what you as a geologist have to say on the subject. :beer:

I am no geologist, by any means. I just remember some things I learned in college on the subject (mainly glaciation, ice ages, and the fact that we are in an interglacial period right now [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_glaciation]Timeline of glaciation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]) that may be used, again IMO, to explain the rise in global temperatures.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
no P.A.R.B.? :shrug:

i could see them putting it on the cars if it was a strong selling point but it obviously isnt one for that vehicle lol. and i cant imagine theyre being forced to...? although many states are following CARBs lead. ive heard that eventually all 50 states will follow CARBs rules. :bored: perhaps PA is already "encouraging" PA dealers to do this :shrug:

a number of people here on svtp work at dealerships. im sure somebody has to know.

Your guess is as good as mine? Does anyone know if dealerships are required to post these stickers?

Users who are viewing this thread