Livernois Tuned EcoBoost Track Videos - World's Quickest Gen IV SHO & More

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Earlier in the week, we had a customer appreciation night at the track and a ton of our EcoBoost customers came.

Here is a video with several Taurus SHO's and Flex's, including the world's quickest Gen IV SHO.

[youtube_browser]92FGf5sjoGE[/youtube_browser]

Not bad for family cars.... :rockon:

Thanks for looking

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
very good for a heavy car,but its still in the 12's, I thought they would have 1 in the 11's by now, hell I thought a tune only and they go from high 13's /low 14's stock ,down to mid to low 13's, and run 12.8's with tune and exaust. 12.2@111 is good but not as fast as I would of thought for a record holder.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
very good for a heavy car,but its still in the 12's, I thought they would have 1 in the 11's by now, hell I thought a tune only and they go from high 13's /low 14's stock ,down to mid to low 13's, and run 12.8's with tune and exaust. 12.2@111 is good but not as fast as I would of thought for a record holder.

He has the record by .5. If the track was prepped better he may see 11's. It was not great that night. I ran 11.0 @ 140 in 1 car and 10.8 @ 144 in another... they are both 9-second cars and a low 9-second Vette we built was going 10.20's.

The turbos are likely maxed out. It only has GT15's.

-Rick

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member

Running basement 12s in a 4,300 lb car with a tune/intake/exhaust isn't impressive?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I too thought they would be faster than what they are, but pretty damn good still.

I think the early expectations that this car was easily capable of 500hp may have set the bar a bit high.

Nice Sho's

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Hell ya, those SHO's sound great! Nobody has put in bigger turbos yet?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Thanks for the replies!

how is the drivetrain in these SHOs with all the additional power?

The silver car that goes 12.20's has well over 20,000 miles and it was tuned with a few hundred on it. He drives it daily and goes to the track weekly and no issues. I haven't heard of anyone with our tunes breaking anything.

Hell ya, those SHO's sound great! Nobody has put in bigger turbos yet?

I think you would have to do a lot of fabrication and move the turbos, because there isn't any room in the factory location.

-Rick

Users who are viewing this thread