Livernois Tuned EcoBoost Track Videos - World's Quickest Gen IV SHO & More

BigDan

Established Member
I too thought they would be faster than what they are, but pretty damn good still.

I think the early expectations that this car was easily capable of 500hp may have set the bar a bit high.

Nice Sho's

+1

I was also hoping to see quicker SHO's by now.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I think you would have to do a lot of fabrication and move the turbos, because there isn't any room in the factory location.

-Rick

You guys put a 1000hp twin gt35r turbo kit on a stroked Raptor! I'd imagine this car would be childs play compared to that! Anybody know what the stock bottom end should be good for? Is it forged from the factory or no?

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Is the drive train in the SHO the same as the MKS or did ford make slight changes when they made the SHO after the MKS?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Any word on EB F-150 tunes.

Still working on it...

You guys put a 1000hp twin gt35r turbo kit on a stroked Raptor! I'd imagine this car would be childs play compared to that! Anybody know what the stock bottom end should be good for? Is it forged from the factory or no?

:lol:

The bottom end is not forged and we aren't sure what they will take.

Is the drive train in the SHO the same as the MKS or did ford make slight changes when they made the SHO after the MKS?

It's the same...

What mods are done to the flex? It's just a 3.5 v6 all engine right? Low 13's for that boat is impressive!

It's a twin turbo 3.5 just like the SHO, and it has no mods other than our tune.

-Rick

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hot damn I almost ran our Livernoise Tuned SHO Friday and should have now lol. Took it out late at night and it was barking 2nd gear hard. More like actually spinning the tires just a hair on the 1-2 shift.

Thanks Rick for the tune again.:rockon:

Dominator

The Shogun of Harlem
Established Member
We don't increase boost much (1-1.5 lbs). The turbos are so small, they will just generate a lot of heat. Having a SHO for a shop car, we've figured out what works and what doesn't to make power.

-Rick

Have you tried creating and installing a pair of downpipes? That should help with spool time, top end power, and heat buildup. And how about some short-ram intakes? My girlfriend is looking at the Flex Limited or Titanium with Ecoboost. This is giving me some ideas already.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Have you tried creating and installing a pair of downpipes? That should help with spool time, top end power, and heat buildup. And how about some short-ram intakes? My girlfriend is looking at the Flex Limited or Titanium with Ecoboost. This is giving me some ideas already.

We have not, but those aren't bad ideas.

Very cool Rick

Thanks Jay!

Photos

TPG_0313copy.jpg

TPG_0312copy.jpg

TPG_0409copy.jpg

TPG_0431copy.jpg

TPG_0430copy.jpg

TPG_0690copy.jpg

TPG_0703copy.jpg

TPG_0730copy.jpg

TPG_0699copy.jpg

TPG_0742copy.jpg

TPG_0692copy.jpg

TPG_0585copy.jpg

TPG_0713copy.jpg

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Dominator

The Shogun of Harlem
Established Member
We have not, but those aren't bad ideas.

I hope you guys look into it, could be a great way to make more power. If there are cats in the stock downpipes, you can unlock a great deal of more power (30+ hp). If they don't have cats, a larger diameter and smoother design will still net you the results I posted above.

plus.....if you do choose to make a Livernois downpipe, why not make a design that could fit a possible Livernois turbo upgrade down the road? Food for thought.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
The SHO's are moving out but I'm damn near more impressed by the Flex's! I already wanted one of those for my wife's next car but after seeing one with just a tune run mid 13's now I'm definitely in! :) Does the Flex retain its factory gas mileage after your tune?

-Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread