My 5.0 VS a pullied, ported blower cobra, n20 camaro and Evo 9

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
ported blower Cobra +/- 450rwhp

bolt on 5.0 +/- 400 rwhp

450?! those are freaking big pulley numbers. ported/pullied cars are 490-530 depending on port and pulley combo.

idk who was driving that cobra but it def seemed close to stock. you couldnt even hear the exhaust. and his shifts... omg! god awful

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Good runs but I'm calling :bs: on the cobra race. He probably had major heat soak or wasn't racing.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
i was being nice and not knowing what pulley he has... 450 +/- is rather reasonable.

i'm running a ported blower, not a stranger to what power they can make.

okc12silvergt

Established Member
Lol at the haters. The cobra owner is a member on here. i was told by a little birdy the cobra made 480 whp.he's a really cool guy. did say he has to slow shift into 2nd but that's it.

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
cobra was faster, but way to lazy on the shifts. i've smoked every bolt on 5bro i raced over last summer. didnt look like that either, 2-3 cars every time.

LS1FTMFW

Banned
The Cobra does a considerable amount more than 450(not going to be specific), that's all I will say. He is getting a retune today and there's 20-30 more whp power to be had, rematch soon vs the OP.

Like I have always said, the 5.0's can beat the Cobras while making considerable less power... This vid only validates my point.

Last edited:

Elwood617

Established Member
5bro beat the driver that race, not the car.

A win is a win :D

Good runs but I'm calling :bs: on the cobra race. He probably had major heat soak or wasn't racing.
What is so bs about a Cobra losing? He was clearly racing, and heat soak is a flaw of the design. Cobras can only race if they are allowed to stop and cool off?
Stop it already guys, they were good runs. Congratulate the op and move on. I'm sure there will be a video of a Cobra beating a 5.0 soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread