My 5.0 VS a pullied, ported blower cobra, n20 camaro and Evo 9

jas11151990

Established Member
There is Virginia Motorsports Park in Petersburg, Va
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]8018 Boydton Plank Rd
[/FONT]​

Their first test and tune weekend is March 1 and 2nd. I am going to try to set up a meet up there for the 1st. Supposed to race another car from another forum, and figured we would make it a big meet at the track type thing. I might create a thread when I get more details.

Sounds good, would be good fun to swing by.

ttk53

Established Member
The setup:
5.0, longtubes, full exhaust, C&L intake, 47# injectors, e85, Lund Tune. Street driven, tagged and insured. Drive it to work quite often!

So you are interested in my car, basically calling BS on the track times, and I have to travel to Pittsburgh to show you? OK sorry that is not happening. I know you Pittsburgh guys love to come down to Cecil or MIR. Let me know when you are making that happen and I will see if I can get freed up.

Congrats on having a big power, enough to run well into the 9s. Looks like the chassis is holding you back seeing the short times. Good luck getting it sorted out!

Post a slip
Auto or manual?
Whats the race weight?
Now a 1.46 60 ft is bad for a stick car on DOT tires?
650 rwhp in a 3700lb car is enough to go well into the 9's

Edit NVM I see your doing all this in a 2800lb fox probably manual brakes and steering I bet it's fun to DD.
2800 lb race car vs 3700lb street car YEP apples to apples

Last edited:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Post a slip
Auto or manual?
Whats the race weight?
Now a 1.46 60 ft is bad for a stick car on DOT tires?
650 rwhp in a 3700lb car is enough to go well into the 9's

Edit NVM I see your doing all this in a 2800lb fox probably manual brakes and steering I bet it's fun to DD.
2800 lb race car vs 3700lb street car YEP apples to apples

Glad you found what your looking for! And it doesn't matter what you think ... It's still a "5.bro" so this applies to what your are trying to build an argument against. And I am sorry you don't know how to do weight reduction. When I pull to the line I could care less what your heap weighs. I do care who goes out the back door first. And I wouldn't be talking to much trash if I was you with those reaction times! Green flag drops the bs stops!

ttk53

Established Member
Glad you found what your looking for! And it doesn't matter what you think ... It's still a "5.bro" so this applies to what your are trying to build an argument against. And I am sorry you don't know how to do weight reduction. When I pull to the line I could care less what your heap weighs. I do care who goes out the back door first. And I wouldn't be talking to much trash if I was you with those reaction times! Green flag drops the bs stops!
Reaction times lol. I wasn't bracket racing. It was the first time out with the car. Was looking for a time and trying to launch it different ways. I dont want to cut up my car to save weight. I drive it to work in nice weather take it to cruises on weekends and race it when I can.

I didnt think we were comparing motors but cars.

Users who are viewing this thread