03 Compound Cobra vs Decked Out CBR & Gixxer 600s

Digital

Established Member
I went out to a spot tonight after getting some of the issues knocked out i've been having.

As usual this is like fast and the furious, ass loads of ricers and slow stuff so I was eyeing bikes like normal.

dsc00569n.jpg

dsc00570c.jpg

dsc00571xp.jpg

I walked up to a group of 5 guys on gixxers and asked if any of them wanted to run, the guy with the most work done was a 600 with sprocket, gears, chain, exhaust, commander, blah blah.
He wanted to know about me, mostly that I wasnt going to hit him with my boat. So we talked for a little while and then we went out to run em.

We rolled out with a few of the other guys in chase and 1 in spot. We got going down the road and I let him honk it off at ~50 in 3rd...

beep beep beep, he jumps out a good 3 cars, I stop his pull at the top of 3rd and slam 4th causing the back end to step out, correct gently and keep blasting through 4th, mid way through 4th at 120 I'm reeling him in, 130 i'm at his rear tire, 135 he's at my back tire, 140 he's a car back, let off, good race.

We pull a U-Turn and come back, this time he gets down to 40 and I'm in 2nd...
Beep beep beep.. Nail it in 2nd, back end steps out and I'm going 70*s down the road, he's pulling 2 cars by the time I grab 3rd and straighten it out, he lets off with 3+ cars ahead.

We line up again and he says SPARKS!! (from my brakes) I scream MORE RPM.... Faster! 65mph 3rd gear..
Beep.. Beep.. I mash the gas and the brake.. wooooooossss... Beep.. let go of brake and we take off at the same time, he jumps out almost a car and I'm reeling him in mid 3rd, slam 4th and I'm passing him, 1 car.. 2 cars.. 3 cars.. 150 let off 4+ cars.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWlyjXklW9Y"]YouTube- 03 Compound Cobra Vs CBR600 Full Bolt Ons[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnW11vf-kM"]YouTube- 03 Compound Cobra Vs GSXR600 Full Bolt Ons[/nomedia]

We come back and he's cool as ****, mad props to that guy. Rides good and fun to talk to.
We bs'd till they left and I sat around napping asking every supra that came by what they had, all were "STOCK" (ya right) and didnt want none. heh.

Fast forward almost an hour.
I see some bikes come in and theres about 6 of them chillin so I walk over and tell them I need something that's equiv to 750cc. A guy I didnt recognise with his helmet on (that is a guy I know) was on a CBR600 with the same mods as the GSXR I had raced previously but he has a tune.
We talk a little bit then him and a guy on a 1000 roll out with me.

dsc00573fo.jpg

dsc00572.jpg

I run back to my car and some guys that had been standing around talking with me ask if I'm running. I say yup, 1 pipes up and says can I ride? I say sure and all of a sudden my door opens up and one of his buddys hops in with his camera. I'm like **** it what ever camera man lets go.

We get goin down the road a bit since the spot got a little hot.
I told the CBR I wanted big mph. We line up at ~65mph and he starts to honk it off...

Beep Beep Beep... Same outcome as the gixxer, 2 cars right away, end of 3rd start gaining back ground, BAM cars up ahead, I slam on the brakes and let him in.. U-Turn for round 2...

At the U-Turn I tell him I need to brake boost hard cuz I'm tired of him getting the jump and we need to go from like 70...

We roll out and right away we picked up another bike out of the blue...
We line up at 70 and the other bike blows by to scout..
Wooooooosssssss.... Beep Beep Be... brake out WOT. We leave even and he pulls 1/2 a car, by the end of 3rd I'm passing him, yoink 4th and he's losing cars fast, 150 mph let off and he's 4+ back.

We get back and chill and talk. Then end up going to another spot to chill and eat after.

The down side of running bikes is they run out of top end where I keep pulling and we can't start at a low rpm do to my traction. So it's a race in my favor right off the bat. Oh well. Still fun win or lose.

There is also a video of the CBR but I gotta get it from that kid. Video is much clearer then mine.

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
I didn't see any numbers or times in your sig. What are you running?
Great runs...your car is a beast!

Digital

Established Member
Car made ~625 dynojet numbers at 16#s and it's holding at 18-19#s now so figure around 700? Hard to say since 3 of my coils are throwing codes at the top of 4th, dunno how much that effects my power. Plus weight reduction.

stang1.jpg

dsc00522zd.jpg

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
looks like your car "meets" are just Rim shows. All I see is slow a$$ looking cars with giant rims or blue rims....

Cool you got some runs in against some 600's

Digital

Established Member
looks like your car "meets" are just Rim shows. All I see is slow a$$ looking cars with giant rims or blue rims....

Cool you got some runs in against some 600's

Wasnt a meet, it's a racing spot. You get all types. I'd say 80% are slow ricers/imports, 5-10% slow domestics, 5-10% "gangster" cars, and the you get that few % points of actual fast cars and bikes.

There was probably 1-2 cars there that could blow the "doors" off a 1000. But the majority are jokes. Also you can't tell from my pictures but there is atleast over 150 cars in that tiny station parking lot and out around the perimeter.

Last edited:

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
I can't believe I haven't noticed your sig, I just saw the photo of the sunoco, I live no more than 5-6 miles from that hangout spot. I have friends from work who go over there every now and then, but i have yet to go because i figured it was all ricers over there. Nice runs by the way digital.

03snakeminated

Established Member
this is a little of topic, but hopefully the experienced (bike racer O.P) can chime in, to give a 750 a race a terminator should have around 700rwhp? is that about right? i have 580 and a friend has a 600 w/ minor bolt ons, but then he said if i beat him his brother have a 750 waiting on me....:eek:

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Great post OP, cool pics too, I especially like your engine pics, that thing is a monster. Nice looking Terminator too.

Digital

Established Member
Always enjoy your stories, Digital. :beer:
Thanks. Trying to keep them coming. Mine as well take advantage my location and deliver some good stories vs some exotic machines right?

this is a little of topic, but hopefully the experienced (bike racer O.P) can chime in, to give a 750 a race a terminator should have around 700rwhp? is that about right? i have 580 and a friend has a 600 w/ minor bolt ons, but then he said if i beat him his brother have a 750 waiting on me....:eek:
Rule of thumb it seems for our cars in stock weight trim is you need 1hp for every CC the bike has.
But it really depends on the driver and the type of bikes. Like the 750s tend to roll out just as fast as the 1000s but you'll catch them on the top end.

Last edited:

purdueranger

Established Member
I put about 1 to 1.5 cars on a 07 GSXR 750 tonight from a 60 roll to 155. I am rocking the single T76 pushing 20 lbs of boost.

Digital

Established Member
for the bike scene, chain is a mod?
lol I guess, when u can only mod so much you mine as well throw it in.
kinda like the guys whos mod list is like 20 things long but they are all like stickers, and shifter, rugs, blah blah.
how much can u mod on a bike and still have ur list seem long?
In his defense I did ask him to tell me everything he had down to the smallest thing.

Users who are viewing this thread