03 Compound Cobra vs Decked Out CBR & Gixxer 600s

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
for the bike scene, chain is a mod?

lol same thing i was thinking, but i guess its a mod, judging by what he said... you only have so much to mod...

I got to love ricer sigs

3a racing Cold air intake
3a racing exhaust
3a racing wire dress up kit
3a racing wiper lights
3a racing tint
3a racing seat cover
3a racing brake dress up kit
3a racing exhaust clamp
3a racing pedal cover
3a racing radio nob
Auto MeterTach
Sun pro oil guage
Aem boost guage
Dice on the locks
Rain X wipers
aftermarket wheel nuts
a cool air freshener
3a racing duhicky that looks cool and makes lights
some led lights
Pep boys racing hub caps
a $500 TOW HOOK

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
lol same thing i was thinking, but i guess its a mod, judging by what he said... you only have so much to mod...

I got to love ricer sigs

3a racing exhaust
3a racing wiper lights
3a racing tint
3a racing seat cover
3a racing exhaust clamp
3a racing pedal cover
3a racing radio nob
Auto MeterTach
Sun pro oil guage
Aem boost guage
Dice on the locks
Rain X wipers
aftermarket wheel nuts
a cool air freshener
some led lights
Pep boys racing hub caps
a $500 TOW HOOK

:lol: You forgot the obligatory 2 foot tall wing on the back for mega downforce when you are cruising around the mall parking lot looking like a tool.

RussZTT

Established Member
I'm not a big fan of it, but yes it's a mod. Different size chains, different weights etc. We all know about shaving weight off anywhere possible...

This pretty much sums it up. Just having a "chain" is not a mod. Usually guys go 1- up front which is a smaller sprocket along with a bigger rear sprocket. Usually its +1 or +3 thus changing the entire gearing of the bike. Consider it going from a 3.55 to a 4.11. Also, by going to an aftermarket rear sprocket, they usually get the lighter ones which help rotating weight. Only problem is they wear out quicker.

PegCityJet

Established Member

I got to love ricer sigs

3a racing exhaust
3a racing wiper lights
3a racing tint
3a racing seat cover
3a racing exhaust clamp
3a racing pedal cover
3a racing radio nob
Auto MeterTach
Sun pro oil guage
Aem boost guage
Dice on the locks
Rain X wipers
aftermarket wheel nuts
a cool air freshener
some led lights
Pep boys racing hub caps
a $500 TOW HOOK

LOL
Radio knobs...Rain X wipers....It's funny b/c it's true. I had a ricer friend with an MX5 who told everyone about their racing belt pads and Weapon R (or whatever brand) exhaust tip.

I don't think they remember the idea is to go fast.

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
added video of gixxer race.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnW11vf-kM"]YouTube- 03 Compound Cobra Vs GSXR600 Full Bolt Ons[/nomedia]

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
This pretty much sums it up. Just having a "chain" is not a mod. Usually guys go 1- up front which is a smaller sprocket along with a bigger rear sprocket. Usually its +1 or +3 thus changing the entire gearing of the bike. Consider it going from a 3.55 to a 4.11. Also, by going to an aftermarket rear sprocket, they usually get the lighter ones which help rotating weight. Only problem is they wear out quicker.

You can go to a 520 chain, which is lighter than a 530 or 525. Reciprocating mass. It's not that much, but consider that new 600 only weighs about 420 wet, and every 1/2 lb matters.

Digital

Established Member
150 on the street? :nonono:
What do you care? It's just me and the bike out next to the sticks with nothing for miles, not even other cars.
Dunno what the point of even trolling in like that is. Trolling about speed in the road kill section? :nonono:

Digital

Established Member
No matter how you slice it, 150 mph on any public highway is window licker level. Good kill though.

Oh no doubt, they just bury you inside the car if u eat shit at that speed. Just don't know why people always make those comments. It's like.. no shit? Why even say it though.
Thanks for the kill comment.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
You can go to a 520 chain, which is lighter than a 530 or 525. Reciprocating mass. It's not that much, but consider that new 600 only weighs about 420 wet, and every 1/2 lb matters.

if you upgrade to a 520 chain....MAKE SURE YOU SPEND THE MONEY AND GET A REALLY STRONG ONE. i put one on my R1....didnt end so well. snapped it, crushed a 600$ exhaust can, bent the sprocket, and put a hole in the crank case. a great way to spend 1500$. kept the same gearing and put a 530 on it for the added comfort. i didnt notice any difference in going from a 520 to a 530 chain tho.

RussZTT

Established Member
I didn't call it a 520 because im sure not everyone knows what that is here. :beer:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Silver03termi, I think it's really only worthwhile if you are trying to eek out that last .01 and every ounce counts. I don't drag my bike, and reliability is far more important to me than an extra 1/2 mph.

Users who are viewing this thread