13'GT/CS vs 11' GT with a weird twist!

clean92lx

Established Member
I'm driving down the George Bush Tollway in Dallas behind a Grabber Blue w/white stripes 11-12 GT (maybe he's a member here and will chime in) doin 80mph. When the traffic clear up, he moves over and I get up next to him. So I put it in 3rd and goose it alittle to see if he wants to play..then I hear him punch it so I punch it and I'm startin to pull on him, I slam it into 4th and WTF I have no power!! I look down and the traction light is on, so I quickly let of the gas and right back on it and I'm back in bussiness, run through 4th and then to 5th. By 130mph im up by half a car.

Now I know what you all are thinkin.. how the hell is your traction light on at 100mph. 20 minutes earlier I ran through the car wash plus its 39 degrees out and Im on stock 245's.

Also I'm thinking how did I beat him when I lost power for a second and the answer is IDK maybe he started in 4th...

I dont know what, if any, mods he has but it atleast had cat back exhaust

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
cropped-idbi1.jpg

clean92lx

Established Member
I figured I would get these kinds of responses but I posted it anyway because its TRUE! That being said, if I was lying, why wouldnt I have just said I raced a 11-12 GT and won period.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
:shrug:...I don't know, why didn't you? :poke:

Because it was WAYYYY cooler to explain how his 5.0 spins the tires at 100+mph.

I would've bought the story if the OP said that he lives in Greenland and he forgot to put the chains on his tires when he left his house.

clean92lx

Established Member
Because it was WAYYYY cooler to explain how his 5.0 spins the tires at 100+mph.

I would've bought the story if the OP said that he lives in Greenland and he forgot to put the chains on his tires when he left his house.
I never said I spun the tires at 100mph. I said I lost power and traction light came on. I didnt build the car guy, so again why would I need to lie about how well it performs.

clean92lx

Established Member
lol you guys are comical, how come everytime a street race doesnt go exactly the way it should on paper, the trolls come out and are in full swing.

REPCobra10

Established Member
He forgot to put the chains on his tires when he left his house.

No, he put the chains on his tires! The only problem was that OP did the same thing to his 5.0 as this New Edge Mustang owner did to his--he put them on the front wheels...:burnout:

BigMustangSnowChains.jpg

:lol1:

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lol you guys are comical, how come everytime a street race doesnt go exactly the way it should on paper, the trolls come out and are in full swing.

According to UrbanDictionary.com.

Troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Which in turn, makes you the troll. By the way, when the traction light comes on and you lose power, that means your tires were spinning. :nonono: That's a Sportscenter top 10 "C'mon Man" moment.

No, he put the chains on his tires! The only problem was that OP did the same thing to his 5.0 as this New Edge Mustang owner did to his--he put them on the front wheels...:burnout:

BigMustangSnowChains.jpg

Hahahahahaha I just had to pinch myself to make sure this is real life.

95PGTTech

Established Member

BigMustangSnowChains.jpg

depending on what kind of tires he has on the rear, this is very popular in heavy snow areas. I'd rather be able to stop and turn the front wheels than hook.

why he's driving a mustang in those conditions is another matter

clean92lx

Established Member

Troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Which in turn, makes you the troll. By the way, when the traction light comes on and you lose power, that means your tires were spinning. :nonono: That's a Sportscenter top 10 "C'mon Man" moment.

Hahahahahaha I just had to pinch myself to make sure this is real life.
no fool, my story is true whether or not you believe it makes you the troll, troll

clean92lx

Established Member

BigMustangSnowChains.jpg

what r u talking about man, I dont have chains on any of my tires.:shrug: what an elementary comment.

REPCobra10

Established Member
depending on what kind of tires he has on the rear, this is very popular in heavy snow areas.

Well, since you'd like to get technical, sir; Houston, TX is not a heavy snow area (see OP's location). Here are some statistics to back that up:

Houston, TX Climate

Please, pay particular attention to the Houston, TX Precipitation Table...:beer:

clean92lx

Established Member

they dont have to be spinning, if they so much as break loose for even a split second it will trigger the traction control and cut power. c'mon man think before talk

Users who are viewing this thread