13'GT/CS vs 11' GT with a weird twist!

clean92lx

Established Member
Well, since you'd like to get technical, sir; Houston, TX is not a heavy snow area (see OP's location). Here are some statistics to back that up:

Houston, TX Climate

Please, pay particular attention to the Houston, TX Precipitation Table...:beer:
if you could pay attention you would see that in my first post I said I was in Dallas and we just got 4 inchs of snow last week that just started to melt off.

highways around here still have salt/sand on them! could have played a role in the traction issue

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
orly_dr_evil.gif

REPCobra10

Established Member
if you could pay attention you would see that in my first post I said I was in Dallas and we just got 4 inchs of snow last week that just started to melt off.

highways around here still have salt/sand on them! could have played a role in the traction issue

Ok...:shrug: Are you saying that you were racing on snowy/icy roads, because that's what it seems like you're getting at? You made no such mention of this in your original post, OP...:poke:

Here, have a look for yourself:

I'm driving down the George Bush Tollway in Dallas behind a Grabber Blue w/white stripes 11-12 GT (maybe he's a member here and will chime in) doin 80mph. When the traffic clear up, he moves over and I get up next to him. So I put it in 3rd and goose it alittle to see if he wants to play..then I hear him punch it so I punch it and I'm startin to pull on him, I slam it into 4th and WTF I have no power!! I look down and the traction light is on, so I quickly let of the gas and right back on it and I'm back in bussiness, run through 4th and then to 5th. By 130mph im up by half a car.

Now I know what you all are thinkin.. how the hell is your traction light on at 100mph. 20 minutes earlier I ran through the car wash plus its 39 degrees out and Im on stock 245's.

Also I'm thinking how did I beat him when I lost power for a second and the answer is IDK maybe he started in 4th...

I dont know what, if any, mods he has but it atleast had cat back exhaust

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I've had my car shut down 5-6 times on the 3-4 shift. is it spinning? no way in hell. With stability control still on the computer does some weird shit sometimes.

clean92lx

Established Member
I've had my car shut down 5-6 times on the 3-4 shift. is it spinning? no way in hell. With stability control still on the computer does some weird shit sometimes.
oh boy your in for it now. how dare you say such a thing. lol
Im very temted to try and get it on video just to shut these stupid ****s up. one person comes in here and starts in with the typical troll bs and all the rest fall in line like a bunch little bitchs

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
I'm missing what the big deal is I guess. Two cars, roughly the same HP, same weight, etc. One won by a 1/2 length. Even if he had to get out of it for a second, there's no saying the other guy was in the correct gear, etc.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
I'm driving down the George Bush Tollway in Dallas behind a Grabber Blue w/white stripes 11-12 GT (maybe he's a member here and will chime in) doin 80mph. When the traffic clear up, he moves over and I get up next to him. So I put it in 3rd and goose it alittle to see if he wants to play..then I hear him punch it so I punch it and I'm startin to pull on him, I slam it into 4th and WTF I have no power!! I look down and the traction light is on, so I quickly let of the gas and right back on it and I'm back in bussiness, run through 4th and then to 5th. By 130mph im up by half a car.

Now I know what you all are thinkin.. how the hell is your traction light on at 100mph. 20 minutes earlier I ran through the car wash plus its 39 degrees out and Im on stock 245's.

Also I'm thinking how did I beat him when I lost power for a second and the answer is IDK maybe he started in 4th...

:lol:
Man this was funny to read. I don't doubt it happened, it's just really funny.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
oh boy your in for it now. how dare you say such a thing. lol
Im very temted to try and get it on video just to shut these stupid ****s up. one person comes in here and starts in with the typical troll bs and all the rest fall in line like a bunch little bitchs

Please do.

Then please catch the Easter Bunny on video too :thumbsup:

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Well, since you'd like to get technical, sir; Houston, TX is not a heavy snow area (see OP's location). Here are some statistics to back that up:

Houston, TX Climate

Please, pay particular attention to the Houston, TX Precipitation Table...:beer:

I was implying that people who have experienced serious snow for long periods of time often put chains on the front tires if only one set is available to them, so while at first glance that picture seems foolish, it's actually the correct way of doing it. Whether he lives in a heavy snow area is irrelevant.

Alien STI

Established Member

I dont think you lost traction, im assuming you had traction control on. You cant slam the gears with it on because it will do that. I had the exact same thing happen to me running a mazda speed3 from a roll as soon as i hit 4th.

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
I dont think you lost traction, im assuming you had traction control on. You cant slam the gears with it on because it will do that. I had the exact same thing happen to me running a mazda speed3 from a roll as soon as i hit 4th.
exactly, notice I never said I was spinning and blew the tires off. All I said was traction light came on and power went off, then you have all these idiots in here comin in and putting words in my mouth.

Now we have slow306stang and Alien STI sayin the same thing happens in their 5.0 but somehow Im the only one who gets flamed for posting it, they dont even acknowledge the comments becuase they cant admit they jumped the gun on the flaming and are WRONG! typical internet BS

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
exactly, notice I never said I was spinning and blew the tires off. All I said was traction light came on and power went off, then you have all these idiots in here comin in and putting words in my mouth.

This guy :nonono: I'm not even trying to be a jerk.. You may not have word-for-word said that your tires were spinning... but, from your below post, you were implying that they were indeed spinning. You were already making up excuses for your story before anyone even said anything, BECAUSE YOU KNOW that your story was out there. Entertaining, but out there. :D

Sly Fox

Established Member

Now we have slow306stang and Alien STI sayin the same thing happens in their 5.0 but somehow Im the only one who gets flamed for posting it, they dont even acknowledge the comments becuase they cant admit they jumped the gun on the flaming and are WRONG! typical internet BS

Nope you are assuming that all of us are flaming you because your t/c came on. I'm saying there's no way in hell your gonna get out of fourth, get back into it, shift into fifth and be a half a car ahead of a car that is at least equal hp to yours. Only way that could happen is if your car is making considerable more power or the other guy wasn't racing or he got out of it when you let off.

Users who are viewing this thread