What is more fun?

Travis

Established Member
Hey guys,

Im looking into getting a fun car and i was hoping to get some input.

What do you feel is more fun, a 400awhp car like a suby...or a 600rwhp mustang...

All input is welcome.

Thanks!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I drove a friends 350 hp (to the ground) EVO for a while, then into my 450 hp Mustang.. I'll take the low end torque of the Mustang any day over the peaky torque of the 4 banger.. YMMV

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
There is nothing like getting sideways when you want. Then tires that grip when you want to go.

JMO though.

Unless I'm on gravel and/or doing rally racing you can keep the AWD.

Monster Mach

Established Member
I personally can't stand the sound of the subys and evos.. mustang ftw

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I drove a friends 350 hp (to the ground) EVO for a while, then into my 450 hp Mustang.. I'll take the low end torque of the Mustang any day over the peaky torque of the 4 banger.. YMMV

Sounds like he had swapped the snail to something larger with more lag.

The stock turbo on the mitsu cars (Evo, DSM) are usually really responsive and torquey. When I put a ported 14b on my last 1g awd with full open 3" exhaust and hard intake piping, it had more throttle response and that "torquey" feeling than my cobra.

I personally can't stand the sound of the subys and evos.. mustang ftw

Even the best turbo 4cyl doesnt sound as good as some of the worst v8's. Subies sound pretty cool until you go with equal length headers, then they sound like raspy honduhs. The evo/dsm has a nice deep tone that roars on WOT but is very mellow under all other circumstances.

I miss my GT's exhaust with the side exhaust in roush configuration but with spintech mufflers instead. Got so many positive comments from everyone on how it sounded better than any other mustangs theyve heard (coming from mustang guys too). Also heard a locals 03 Cobra with borla stingers and it sounded insane at WOT. My bassani with the catted x was pretty nice as well.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Sounds like he had swapped the snail to something larger with more lag.

The stock turbo on the mitsu cars (Evo, DSM) are usually really responsive and torquey. When I put a ported 14b on my last 1g awd with full open 3" exhaust and hard intake piping, it had more throttle response and that "torquey" feeling than my cobra.

nope he had the stock turbo, but eveythign else in the exhaust was changed, (and intake) also had aftermarket cams..

dyno tuned on 91 octane had 300 to the ground on e85, had 350 to the wheels..

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I have a little experience with both, as I sold my 450hp Cobra and just tuned my awd 335 so it's probably putting down about 330-340hp at the wheels. The Cobra felt faster for sure but the traction problems at slower speeds got old. I'm sure some drag radials would've helped considerably, but I never did it so I can't comment. Up to about 80 or so, my 335 would probably destroy my old Cobra because it just hooks and goes fast, but it's not quite as fun as the end of the day.

Monster Mach

Established Member
The new hatch subies also have engine problems... a lot of buddies have wasted motors..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Hey guys,

Im looking into getting a fun car and i was hoping to get some input.

What do you feel is more fun, a 400awhp car like a suby...or a 600rwhp mustang...

All input is welcome.

Thanks!

The car really does not matter, as much as what you decide to do with the car.
You will have a very difficult time finding a car activity that is more fun than this.
The amazing Carlos!-> nasa 11-7-10 hpde tt - Car Videos on StreetFire

If you have not tried this yet you need to. Then after you have "car fun" redefined for you, decide on the best car for you then.

Last edited:

stangaholic280

Established Member
You will have a very difficult time finding a car activity that is more fun than this.
nasa 11-7-10 hpde tt - Car Videos on StreetFire

If you have not tried this yet you need to. Then after you have "car fun" redefined for you, decide on the best car for you then.

Starring at the ass end of 3 BMW's doesn't sound like fun at all. I much prefer seeing them in my rear view mirror! :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Starring at the ass end of 3 BMW's doesn't sound like fun at all. I much prefer seeing them in my rear view mirror! :beer:

Yes me too but that doesn't always happen. I had a C6Z in my rear view mirror at one event.

After driver skill is more completely developed, eventually car selection does begin to make a difference.
In the beginning though better drivers in slower cars CAN BE faster than lesser drivers in faster cars.

However there will always be someone faster, and you can not tell me that giving chase is not an absolute blast! I've done it, and I thought you have too?:shrug:
If you think that it is not still fun, then you are not doing it right.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
As far as I'm concerned it depends on what you want to do with the car.

I have a STi that I daily drive. It has all of the "stage II" bullshit on it plus a few more mods and a nice suspension. It is some of the biggest fun I've ever had in a car.

oldmodman

Established Member
nasa 11-7-10 hpde tt - Car Videos on StreetFire

Jimmy, is that Carlos? I think I recognize the hoodscoops.

NateV8

Established Member
Well I'd take an Evo over a Subaru any day. And unless it was a Cobra I would take the Evo and build it. A couple of my buddies have 700whp Evos and they are insanely fast. My one buddies stock turbo E85 Evo with about 410whp is pretty close to my car.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
It'd be really fun to have a fast Evo and I've always wanted one, but I love the feeling of sliding sideways or breaking the rear tires loose every once in a while. Kinda sucks that even though my current 335i is fast, it doesn't have a limited slip so it won't really slide around and it's kinda tough to break the tires loose anyway.

I've had a 380whp s-trim GT and a 570whp t-trim Cobra and I enjoyed the GT more for the smoother transition of power and ease of control.

16kOrBust

Established Member
If you're talking strictly fun factor?

Option 3: bike. :coolman:

But to answer your original question, depends on the Mustang you're offering, but I'd typically take the 600rwhp Mustang over the 400whp Evo/STI, not that I wouldn't enjoy the hell out of a 400whp Evo/STI.

Last edited:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i'd go with a tail happy rwd over a awd import any day. unless it's snowing outside. always wanted to drive an evo or sti in the snow.

The amazing Carlos!-> nasa 11-7-10 hpde tt - Car Videos on StreetFire

what i got from that vid -- buy a bmw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread