Hood Vent dilemma with site Vendor

BV600

Established Member
Ok so I posted this on another smaller forum on to get some responses to see if Im overreacting. Basically sent some hood vents out to be dipped and was told on 30sept they were done and will be shipped that week, here we are end of November and still out vents. Last contact Ive had was last month and ive been trying everything. Anyone else having issues? Not bashing vendor he does awesome work and seems to not have past issues by his feedback?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this all Started on September 2nd. Basically sent hood vents out to The Powder House (blkGT500nCA)to get Hydro dipped. He is well known on SVTP and does awesome work, Check out his threads and pictures on the forum. So here we are Oct 17th and I'm still out hood vents. I'm going to attach Emails and PMs from SVTP. Kind of stumped on what to do next to get these vents back. I've called the shop multiple times with no answer.
Emails
9/02/13

Hi Bryan,
Thank you for your interest. To hydrodip the vents it would cost $100 with free return shipping. Let me know, happy Labor Day!
Sincerely,
Sara Pancoast
The Powder House
Atten: Brian Pancoast
(707) 834-5497
26011 Ave of the Giants #C2
Redcrest, CA
9/02/13
Awesome I will send them out in the next couple days.
Should I paypal the money?
9/03/13
Awesome, our shipping address for FedEx and UPS only is:
The Powder House
26011 Avenue of the Giants C2
Redcrest, CA 95569
United States Postal Service
Brian Pancoast
2005 Sprowl Creek Rd
Garberville, CA 95542
We bill you once the part is ready to ship and by paypal would be a fine way to pay. Please wait until we can send you an invoice. Also, please check back after you ship the parts to make sure they have arrived. Thank you so much Bryan, I will be looking for your vents!
Sara Pancoast
9/04/13
Brian
Just sent out the vent should be there tuesday thanks. 1Ze754690373311115 (UPS)
Bryan Vickers
9/05/13
I will keep my eye out, thank you.
Sara
9/09/13
Just got a delivery email that my hood vents arrived, wanted to check with you guys. Should be in a pull up bar box, only box I had.
Thanks
Bryan Vickers
9/13/13
Yes Bryan, we did. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I have been spending this week trying to get a job at our girls' school. They are in serious need of an aide. Brian is wrapping up some projects this weekend and the first of next, hopefully he can get to them by the mid-end of next week. We will keep you posted, have a good weekend.
Sincerely,
Sara Pancoast
9/13/13
Not a problem thanks, just wanted to check I seen that UPS put The Power house instead of Powder.
9/24/13
Wanted to check in and see if the hood vents are complete.
Bryan
9/30/13
They are and we will mail them out this week, keep posted for a tracking number, thanks and have a good night!
Sara Pancoast
9/30/13
Brian ,
Hood vents are packed and ready to go. I need your return shipping address and phone number, then I'll send you a PayPal request and get these mailed back to you. Thanks for your business!
-Brian
9/30/13
Bryan Vickers
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fort Hood, TX 76544
254-xxxxxxx
My paypal is xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks!
10/3/13
Bryan Vickers
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fort Hood, TX 76544
254-xxxxxxx
My paypal is xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks!
(sent same exact message as last time, maybe he didnt get it?)
10/4/13
Brian
Wanted to make sure you didn't forget about me, I know you said you could have them out this week.
Thanks
Bryan Vickers
10/12/13
I will have to check with Brian but I am sure they did.
I have been sick, juggling my own two jobs, two kids and Brian's business. Hardly balanced! I will get you a tracking number as soon as I find out from him. He is on a remote job site today where there is no service so as soon as I can I will!
Have a great weekend.
Sincerely,
Sara Pancoast
10/15/13
Ok thanks looking forward to a reply and hood vents

10/18/13
Invoice received after PM. Really had no info as far as paypal info just guessed it was his email I was using with him. Payment sent that same day with a reply saying payment sent.

10/25/13
Have the hood vents shipped yet? I paid the invoice last week or so (717)

PMs on SVTP
09-20-2013

Originally Posted by BV600
Wondering if you dipped the hood vents yet, got there last week? Just seen pics of the Matte Carbon Fiber wondered how it would hold up to the sun debating on that instead of glossy, Would it cost more? Thanks

Bryan Vickers

I haven't had a chance to dip them yet. I'm hoping to either do them tomorrow or Saturday.

The matte will hold up to the sun just the same as the glossy. I just add a matting agent to my normal PPG clear. The clear has all of the UV protection in it, so you're good.

Let me know as soon as you can. I'll wait to hear a reply.

-Brian

09-20-2013
Thanks brian. Ill stick with the glossy.

Glossy it is!

10-08-2013

With no reply on email I PMd again and asked if they were done?

HI!!! Yes!!! They have been done, apologies. We lost our internet connection last week and he couldn't navigate the website on his cell so we had to wait to get a better signal here and now we have been playing catch up on messages. So sorry.

Your vents will be shipped out as soon as I have completed payment. I am working on invoices and requests, I will send them to you soon! Thanks so much, hope you come back soon!

Sincerely,
Sara Pancoast

10/17/13

So these have been done for a couple weeks.. When can I get the invoice and get them shipped?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so out of all this is it just me or is there a crap ton of miscommunication going on and possible my hood vents are not even done, haven't been touched? Wanted to post this here to get feedback before I actually go to a larger forum like SVTP.
Do you think I'm overreacting by wanting my hood vents back after so long? What would you do. I will edit this and try to make it easier to read, I know its a lot.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
UGH! Excuses and lack of contact with the customer are never a good sign. Hes already not only lost any future business from you but from others that see how he runs his business! You say hes a site vendor?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
UGH! Excuses and lack of contact with the customer are never a good sign. Hes already not only lost any future business from you but from others that see how he runs his business! You say hes a site vendor?
Like STAMPEDE3 said below...

Not over reacting but I will say from what I've seen this is not the norm for him.
Not even close to the norm.
I've never done business with him, but from what I have see around the site, it doesn't seem like him at all.

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
He hasn't been on the site for over a month. I received the same email from his wife. Communication is crucial for customer service. I hope they can get better internet. I would love to get some stuff powder coated.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
He hasn't been on the site for over a month. I received the same email from his wife. Communication is crucial for customer service. I hope they can get better internet. I would love to get some stuff powder coated.

He was on the site yesterday at 2:21

OP, What email do you have for him?

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
What I meant to say, was hasn't made a comments in over a month. Maybe checking pm's. Hope there isn't thing wrong with Brian. He does awesome work.

BV600

Established Member
Sorry been busy
[email protected]
This is the one ive been using. I too thought this wasn't the norm from what ive seen on the forum from him and his work.
Since posting I emailed again just asking whats going on. My main concern is just the rain well and they are $350 while the vents don't keep out all rain they help with some.

Also to the phone comment. I have called atleast 4 or 5 times. I haven't left a message because if you listen to the answering machine it says calls from out of county will not be returned and to email.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
[email protected] is also what I have.
I have been busy but will try to contact Brian myself to see what is up.
This is out of the ordinary for him so I want to also make sure he's OK.

Please keep us updated.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Man I hope this doesn't turn into another once good user going scam artist. :( I guess we'll see in due time. I hope all is well with the dude. :)

BV600

Established Member
So I know its sunday didn't really expect to hear anything on Sat or today. I did open a paypal claim hoping he would see that and message me on their and nothing...

BV600

Established Member
Got an email today that the item shipped.

Looks like they have had a lot of work in the past couple months and between the both of them they bit off more than they can chew. So all in all I know I wont be disappointed with the work, In such a small business with no help I can see this happening.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Post a photo of them installed. I'll bet they're going to look awesome.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Bryan, your hood vents show they were delivered. I know we lost communication somewhere between You, Sara, and I because your vents were done and boxed up sitting on my shelf for almost 2 weeks before I got payment and a ship to address. I sincerely apologize for any delays on our behalf.

My Saga... lol

I'll admit, I've been hard to get a hold of lately. Ever since I started this powder coating business in '09, it's snowballed out of control every year. This all started because of my 2008 GT500 and a car show stand that I made.

In 2008 I bought my Shelby and liked to go to car shows. I enjoyed making signature pictures for members here, fancied myself an amateur graphics designer, and made myself a poster listing some of the mods I'd made on my Shelby. I went looking for a stand to hold my poster and I couldn't find what I wanted so I ended up making myself a 3 piece aluminum stand to hold my poster.

I posted some pictures of it, and PM's started trickling in. I made 2 more stands. Then 10. Then 20, 30,... Now I make 50 at a time, selling 100's of them per year.

Back when I was making 20ish at a time, I was having them powder coated 90miles away from my house! It was going fine until I started asking them to match Ford Grabber Orange paint to powder coating.

I had been doing new construction plumbing work at the time and had been for 10+yrs, but I got a small 600sq/ft shop, built a 7x5x4' powder coating oven, bought an air compressor, a powder coating gun, and coated my own stands.

For a year and a half I was juggling plumbing and powder coating, but the powder coating business started to grow, Shelby started selling my stands, and I transitioned over full time to coating. Next I got into hydro dipping, which led me into painting, which quickly filled up a 600 sq/ft shop. I bought a couple 20' steel shipping containers and had them outside the shop, but when shop space came available in my rural area, I jumped on it and moved into a new 7,000 sq/ft space last November, 1yr ago.

Some of my customers that have been with me for awhile will remember the move from shop to shop seemed to take forever! I sold my old 7HP air compressor and bought a new, HUGE 40HP rotary screw air compressor and plumbed (by myself) over 160' of 2' galvanized piping for my new 14'x20' media blasting room.

Besides the plumber, I'm also my electrician. Between my new 12'x20' paint booth, media blasting booth, powder spraying booth, pressure wash station, I ran 800' of electrical wire. Right when I started getting the shop back into order, I broke my freakin right arm! The Dr put a cast on my arm that was supposed to stay on for 6wks, but it went around my elbow and made it hard to work, so I took it off after 2wks.

I got caught up with the back log of work around July of this year and started building my new oven, which put me back in construction mode and work started piling up again. I finished the new 20' oven a few month later and have been inundated with commercial powder coating work ever since. I've got a forklift now and have been doing large batch work lately. Yesterday I powder coated a 13' custom made BBQ!

I'm getting caught up again now with the custom painting/powder coating/hydro graphics work. I'm working on some more hydro dipped mystichrome parts today.

The best way to get a hold of me is through email at [email protected] . PM's will be referred there because they're too difficult to search for past conversations. Oh, and if I do communicate back and forth via PM's with anyone, DON'T delete the old text field when you reply to PM's. I end up spending 15 minutes sifting through 100's of PM's looking for our old conversations to see what we're talking about.

I don't always answer my phone while I'm at work because.... wait for it... I'm working. lol Leave a message, but again, emails might get you a quicker reply.

Sara has been answering my emails, voicemails, PM's, and facebook messages lately. I work 10-14hrs almost every day and my shop is an hour away from my house, so I don't have time to answer them anymore. I know communication is key to a business like mine, but I was literally going crazy trying to do it all myself. Sara gets to these messages as quickly as she can, but she has a full time job, and is the mother to my two young girls, besides dealing with me. :uh oh:

Like I mentioned earlier, we live in the sticks and I don't get cell reception at home. Before recently switching, we had super awesome satellite internet :bored: through DirectTV , but we kept hitting our monthly bandwidth usage literally answering emails and doing basic internet stuff. Now I have super awesome internet :bored: through Hughesnet, but it's been better... So far.

I don't usually take payment on orders until the part is ready to ship back. Although I have been taking core charge money ahead of time on parts that I'm supplying and coating, after doing some custom finishes and having the customer back out of the order.

We appreciate everyone's patience in dealing with us. We've gone through a lot of growing pains lately, but I've got some really great & loyal customers and have made a lot of friends with this business! I do apologize for any slow communications, but we still do the same great work.

-Brian

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread