Carroll Shelby's charity

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I think you just may be surprised how many charities are run this way!:bored:

Not saying that's good. Just stating a fact!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
did everyone read the whole thing? its not that he took the money and spent it on his personal wants and needs, he just never did anything with it. glad they're changing it around and getting it going in the right direction though.

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
I read the whole article and find peculiar the fact that the officers of the charity were Shelby, his wife, his attorney and very few funds ever made it out of their possession.

I suppose the moneys have not been stored for safe keeping in Carroll Shelby's residence, my guess would be a stable financial institution which can make money.

Earnings on bank CDs can account to a conservative 5% annual rate of interest. The grants have accounted for 1% of the total donations seems kind of low considering it is a ballpark 20% of the potential interest earnings without ever touching the principle.

Shelby better hope the digging stops real soon.

chuckstang

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I think you just may be surprised how many charities are run this way!:bored:

Not saying that's good. Just stating a fact!

Exactly, this is very common. I laugh at people that donate money to charities thinking that all of their money is going for a good cause. It should be illegal, even at 5% which is the legal minimum is crap, it should be at least 50%. It is sad at the same time because I know many people that don't have much money and donate a lot thinking it is going to a good cause and it is really just paying for some guys pad in Malibu.

sb03cobra

Established Member
And you are surprised by this?

Shelby will put his name or sig on anything to make a buck! Been doing it for years.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
so what is the better way to run a charity?

take in 1 million dollars and give it all away?

take in 1 million dollars park it in an safe investment, and give away 80% of the interest earned. this way the principle will steadily increase, as will the donations each year?:idea:

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
so what is the better way to run a charity?

take in 1 million dollars and give it all away?

take in 1 million dollars park it in an safe investment, and give away 80% of the interest earned. this way the principle will steadily increase, as will the donations each year?:idea:

What a great idea!

That makes perfect sense, exactly what Carroll Shelby has done. Safe the money while people die who perhaps could have been saved. Excellent logic.

Carroll Shelby and his representative have bragged about the foundation and its good deeds on many occasions. Looks like they are not bragging now.

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
blueovalkid said:
So true! Its as if people WANT to believe the worst!
The flip side is Shelby fans want to believe the best. Unfortunately for his loyal following and all those who have contributed to the foundation, figures don't lie and they were certainly not refuted in the excuse filled Carroll Shelby's response or by his representatives in charge of damage control.

Any bad publicity Carroll Shelby has received through the years he has brought on to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread