Carroll Shelby's charity

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I never understood why this car has brought out the worst in so many people? It's a mystery to me. :shrug:
It's no mystery to me... the Mustang has ALWAYS (until this encarnation) meant affordable performance for the working man. It's those people who made the Mustang a success - and it's those people who feel betrayed because ADMs placed this car beyond their means. Like it or not, the core group of Mustang enthusiasts have been left out in the cold on this one... and they are naturally a little miffed by it. Granted, as ADMs diminish and the cars become available at more realistic prices, more enthusiasts will embrace the car for what it truely is - an awesome and fantastic Mustang. But there is no denying that the ADM issue has polarized the Mustang community into the haves & have nots... and some of the attitudes shown here only widens that rift.

Best of luck with that. :(

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
manOwar said:
If you like it and can afford it, buy it..... if ya can't, STFU and move on.
Exactly the kind of attitude that I was refering to..... kinda proves my point.

eci

Banned
manOwar said:
If you like it and can afford it, buy it..... if ya can't, STFU and move on.

Seems prety easy to me.

Heaven forbid someone have a differing opinion on teh Int4rw3b! Your attitude belongs on Stangsunleashed. We're having a cool headed discussion here, take your "STFU" attitude elsewhere.

manOwar

Established Member
eci said:
Heaven forbid someone have a differing opinion on the Int4rw3b! Your attitude belongs on Stangsunleashed. We're having a cool headed discussion here, take your "STFU" attitude elsewhere.
Evil Chris, you have not had a "Level headed discussion" since you learned how to speak. Your a tool that needs work, your scientist wife should have found and been credited for the missing link... You!!!

manOwar

Established Member
Yep, and for what it's worth. I do agree with what say. It just get's old, that's all..... you Harp more than other's but I just like to BUST your balls... No hard feelings..... it's all good!!!

eci

Banned
Makin' good money over there I bet, be safe. Going to a going away party this weekend for a marine friend who's headed out 1st week in August.

No hard feelings either.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
You guys knock the crap off!

This car hit a home run for Ford. It has been a HUGE success. Extremely high demand for this car has commanded ADM's. I don't like it. I don't condone it. But it's a fact of life. The most simplistic laws of supply and demand are at work here. Econ 101. Did anyone have it in school?!?!?! :read:

HTT tried to keep this car under $40k but they could not do it. Many people on the project at Ford were disappointed because the car came out so heavy. Many consumers as well. But, in the end, the car is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. If you'd rather have a Corvette, go buy one! :rollseyes

If this car is not exactly what you want, change it. You have thousands of aftermarket suppliers out there to choose from. :idea:

Trust me, I can understand the frustrations of the ADM's. I can understand the people that don't have the extra money or don't want to spend it. I've been there and done it. Many times.

We've seen the ADM's decline steadily for just over a year. It's not going to be that much longer. Be patient. In another year there will be 2 year old used cars for sale. There should be enough to go around! Give it time. :read:

TexasShelby

Established Member
A "new car dealer" that sold a used GT500 coupe for about 10k over told them Ford made no GT500 convertibles this year....
Needless to say, they were very unhappy when I pulled up in mine and found out.

manOwar

Established Member
eci said:
Makin' good money over there I bet, be safe. Going to a going away party this weekend for a marine friend who's headed out 1st week in August.

No hard feelings either.

Sweet, if he land's in Baghdad send him to me. PM me his name and I'll send my local number. I've been here since Jan 04 and have all the BS worked out.. I know the in's and out's if ya now what I mean... Gots to Go, sleep is one of those things we don't get enough of!!!

Oh BTW, you suck!!!:loser: LOL!!!

Last edited:

manOwar

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
You guys knock the crap off!

This car hit a home run for Ford. It has been a HUGE success. Extremely high demand for this car has commanded ADM's. I don't like it. I don't condone it. But it's a fact of life. The most simplistic laws of supply and demand are at work here. Econ 101. Did anyone have it in school?!?!?! :read:

HTT tried to keep this car under $40k but they could not do it. Many people on the project at Ford were disappointed because the car came out so heavy. Many consumers as well. But, in the end, the car is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. If you'd rather have a Corvette, go buy one! :rollseyes

If this car is not exactly what you want, change it. You have thousands of aftermarket suppliers out there to choose from. :idea:

Trust me, I can understand the frustrations of the ADM's. I can understand the people that don't have the extra money or don't want to spend it. I've been there and done it. Many times.

We've seen the ADM's decline steadily for just over a year. It's not going to be that much longer. Be patient. In another year there will be 2 year old used cars for sale. There should be enough to go around! Give it time. :read:

We good Bruce!!!!:pepper:

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
There is no better news like yesterday's news! :-D

From the Motor Trend September 2007 issue, the new car buyer's guide, page 122:

COOL FACT: First Shelby GT500 was auctioned off for $648,000 to benefit the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation.

:loser:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread