What the hell is going on

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Looked in the market section lately? Lots of people selling their modified GT500's.
I know I dont drive mine much, and do go through spells of "Im getting rid of this" Then I snap back to reality and buy more parts. Cmon people!!!!! Take it out and remind yourself why you fell in love with the car to begin with! :rockon:

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
I agree there are a lot of guys thinking the grass is greener right now. Funny thing is the GT500 easily outperforms the 5.0 if you add the same bolt ons or upgrade the blower to a TVS and compare it to a TVS 5.0.
I spend a lot of time at the track and the '11 and '12 5.0 cars with tune, CAI, exhaust, gears and DR's (and average Joe driver) are low 12 to high 11 sec cars @ 115 to 120ish mph.....nice times but with the same mods I have ran a 10.56 @ 135. Upgrade my blower to a TVS and I'm going 9's just like Rebecca Starky. Unlike most of the shop cars who put up these numbers at track rentals in Spring and Fall WITHOUT the required saftey equipment that adds weight we bust are balls with summer heat and 100 extra lbs. of saftey eqipment trying to get a 10sec. slip that seemed so easy for the shop guys.....you remeber....just order are stage III kit bolt it on HANG ON and you'll go 10's just like us...lol...yah maybe 10 grand later.
I think what has happened with all the hype and unrealistic times the shop cars where putting up (huge money is at stake for all the big shops) alot of guys who can't drive a high HP car with a manual transmission are frustrated. There are a number of guys on this forum alone that are on there 3rd clutch. I'm still running my stock '07 without any TSB work done on it and over 300 passes. These same guys will order the 5.0 with an automatic, think they can throw on some bolt ons and run 10.70's all day long....lol...not going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I love the new 5.0 motor and it has huge potential but if you don't have the patience, skill or knowledge to get a GT500 down the track in less than 11sec. its not going to be any easier or cheaper in real world conditions with an average driver in an '11 or'12 GT.
I won't be selling mine anytime soon....IMO and after 4 years, over 300 1/4 mile passes with the stock rearend, clutch, tranny, bottom end, and no breakage this is the best designed and toughest car ever to roll out of Detroit (or wherever):rockon:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I agree, the 5.0 may have potential, but our engines have the strength to get the job done today, tomorrow, next week, next year, etc...

The 5.0 has issues with cylinder #8 leaning out and going BOOM!

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Some of them need to sell due to other financial burdens too. Economy still sucks. I just wish they would part them out so I can get some good mods on the cheap :)

flS/R

Established Member
Some of them need to sell due to other financial burdens too. Economy still sucks. I just wish they would part them out so I can get some good mods on the cheap :)

qft. Some wheels on the cheap would be win :banana:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Funny you should say that. Have someone interested in buying mine right now. Never thought about selling it but if things go right and he talks like he has some sense I just might let it go. Don't really drive it that much and it's never boring when in it but hey I'll probably let it go if the money is right and then two days later walk around looking stupid wondering what I was thinking lol.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Jake, I seen the error in my ways.... It's off the market.:beer:

WHeeeeeeeew!! This is what had me the most upset. WHen I saw the car that made me join the ranks on the for sale block! Thank goodness! :rockon: :beer:

R1Lello

Established Member
I did, removed some mods to gain some $$$ but in the end, it's a heavyweight 07 with lots of mods that made the traction worst. Kept trying to make it a car it wasn't with more and more $$$. Don't lecture me about DR's, I'm impressed with cars running good numbers on their street tires, not slippery when wet DR's.

DMotorsports

Established Member
I think I'm ready to sell mine, those ZL1's are awesome!

Ok, I almost lost my breakfast over that one, until I scrolled down and saw you were joking.

In regards to the 5.0... I think it's a great engine that obviously has a ton of potential. However, so many act like it's this technological marvel because it makes such great power with low levels of boost. This shouldn't be a mystery. It's all due to the high compression ratio, which is old school technology. Put some 11:1 pistons in a 5.4 4v gt500 and then you'll see who's king.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I did, removed some mods to gain some $$$ but in the end, it's a heavyweight 07 with lots of mods that made the traction worst. Kept trying to make it a car it wasn't with more and more $$$. Don't lecture me about DR's, I'm impressed with cars running good numbers on their street tires, not slippery when wet DR's.

You are exempt, and upgraded, so I have no negative feeling to why you sold yours. Hope the C6Z is treating you well. How are you liking it so far?

R1Lello

Established Member
^^^

I love it thanks, not knocking the GT500, including mine, just a different class of car. One thing that came out of it, even with a knife to my throat, I will never, NEVER buy another black vehicle.........what a pain to clean. Thanks for the kind words

Bulldogger

Established Member
I can see it, I like the mustang and with the TVS and longtubes she seems pretty quick. But if money was tight it would have to go over say a family car. Or if my wife stated only one sports car I honestly would have to take my vet over the mustang. The vet is a little more comfortable with the seats, plus the light weight feel on the highway, makes unexpected lane changes more confidence inspiring. Plus the mustang at around 140mph feels alittle boaty. Though I had a great time taking both kids and the wife to Mustangs on the Beach car show,so that was a really big plus. It would be a hard decision and would require some serious though before selling it. Though I do like the looks of the Mustang better, actually glad I not thinking about selling it.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I'd like to sell mine and buy a Boss. Anybody need a 1200rwhp Shelby w every supporting mod possible?????

Users who are viewing this thread