What the hell is going on

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Well if it's that serious then put an auto in the Shelby. Uh Oh now the 5.0 doesn't have a chance no matter what you do. The comparison makes no sense because your comparing an auto to a stick. Sure the auto will be more consisent and faster if the driver behind the stick isn't that good. How about we compare stick to stick and go from there. At least level the playing field some.

R1Lello

Established Member
Didnt you diss me and everyone else who sold their GT500 cause it was the greatest car known to man and yet now you own a bow tie:shrug:

But anyway, z06 is probably the best bang for the buck for a super high performance car weve seen in quite some time! Friggin amazing machine

I may have........apologies. My plan was to own both but reality set in, my sons education is more important than two toys.:beer:

manOwar

Established Member
Why not have both?!

My Garage!:banana: But, toys like this are only fun if you're home to enjoy 'em!! And speaking of homes, we're buying another one and kicked our youngest brat out of the house to University of Georgia today... Some extra cash would come in handy about now!:shrug:

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
TVS equipped auto 5.0s run faster than a tvs equipped GT500

For once I agree with you. The 5 o's have been running the numbers with 'normal' hp, and they started running them soon after release.......the gt500's have the hp, yet the dyno queens of 700+ rwhp 'seem' to struggle to crack 10's. Yes, driver mod is important and the auto in the 5.o certainly helps.:beer:

Good choice on the 5.0 chuck!

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
I have done what I wanted to do with my car, 90% of the performance parts are sponsored or at a huge discount......I have recently paid off my Harley and my F-250 will be paid off in 2 months. I wasn tinking of getting a small boat, fishing brings me lots of happiness and I can bring people along or go solo. Plus I have another car that would see mini tubbs and a glide...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
GT500 > 5.0
5.4 > 5.0

unfortunately your info is off. 5.0's make more hp than the 5.4. It's not just compression but the heads are far superior. MM&FF did a write up a few months back. Boost vs boost the 5.0 made more hp at less boost with equal blowers(KB I believe). We're only talking 29+/- cubic inches.

rdsnk46

Established Member
You're done ? Thought you were going to take Tony down town and show him what's up ? :banana:
Racing Tony doesnt matter to me, we can do it when ever, I dont want to get rid of the GT500 but the money I spend on it can be used in a different place.

It's been a good ride! I always wanted a GT500 and when they produced them again I bought it. Then raced it, she's been fun and I could take it or leave it. I'd have to get the right $$$ to let her go anyways......most likely will never find a buyer at my selling price.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
unfortunately your info is off. 5.0's make more hp than the 5.4. It's not just compression but the heads are far superior. MM&FF did a write up a few months back. Boost vs boost the 5.0 made more hp at less boost with equal blowers(KB I believe). We're only talking 29+/- cubic inches.

So you say, but has there been a 5.0 that's done over 1000rwhp on the stock block? I believe not. They only outflow the GT500 by ~4%....That's not that much superior, considering our engine is "old" technology. Their compression ratio plays the biggest role in causing them to have more hp at the same amount of boost as a GT500.

Also did you forget to mention in that article you speak of that the GT500 was running 91 octane, whilst the 5.0 had to run 104 octane to safely be at that boost level? That article was very misleading & didn't mention that at all. Keep reading biased magazine articles.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I agree, you take away the 5.0s high compression, and the boost versus power comparison would be a different story. In fact, the 5.4 would produce more power per pound of boost than the 5.0 if they both had the same compression ratio.

The standard 5.0 will NEVER handle the power the 5.4L can on a stock bottom end.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So you say, but has there been a 5.0 that's done over 1000rwhp on the stock block? I believe not. They only outflow the GT500 by ~4%....That's not that much superior, considering our engine is "old" technology. Their compression ratio plays the biggest role in causing them to have more hp at the same amount of boost as a GT500.

Also did you forget to mention in that article you speak of that the GT500 was running 91 octane, whilst the 5.0 had to run 104 octane to safely be at that boost level? That article was very misleading & didn't mention that at all. Keep reading biased magazine articles.

what does your car run at the track? I can hook you up with a '11 5.0 auto on 9psi and we'll see which car is quicker. If you want to be fair reduce your boost to 9psi and then see? I'm not worried about the 1000rhwp unicorn. There are just not that many to be concerned. Boosted 5.0's are a reality.

Riptide

Established Member
The main reason I want a GT500 over a 5.0 is the fugly rear end on the latter. Do...not...want. And now I'm reading the auto 5.0 plus the TVS is going to outrun the GT500 with the same mods?

F this. If the 2014 isn't any better I may have to sell out and go bowtie. :/

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
what does your car run at the track? I can hook you up with a '11 5.0 auto on 9psi and we'll see which car is quicker. If you want to be fair reduce your boost to 9psi and then see? I'm not worried about the 1000rhwp unicorn. There are just not that many to be concerned. Boosted 5.0's are a reality.

Make it a 5.0 tvs with a manual. Then you have a fair race!!! JAnyone can just hit the gas and go. Takes time to learn a stick.

Why should we have to reduce our boost to 9. Let's do a tvs vs a tvs doesn't matter boost level. If the 5.0 can't handle more boost then guess you should have gotten a motor built for a blower. :shrug: Oh well then let's make the weight equal. Then make let make the gearing is the same. It's a never ending if this car had this could beat that car game.

R1Lello

Established Member
Newsflash !!! and Fact - I know a guy working at the plant that makes the Coyote engine and Ford has 5.0 L test mules running 1000 hp safely (TT versions too)..............I can see the tears now. I can't reveal who he is but visits another site regularly.

chuckstang

Established Member
For once I agree with you. The 5 o's have been running the numbers with 'normal' hp, and they started running them soon after release.......the gt500's have the hp, yet the dyno queens of 700+ rwhp 'seem' to struggle to crack 10's. Yes, driver mod is important and the auto in the 5.o certainly helps.:beer:

Good choice on the 5.0 chuck!

Thanks... But I bought a manual lol :bash:

I just could not find an auto that didnt have every damn option going and come with a 45k msrp :eek:

The non optioned Boss at 41k is a friggin STEAL when you compare them to these "loaded" up Mustang GTs!

chuckstang

Established Member
I agree, you take away the 5.0s high compression, and the boost versus power comparison would be a different story. In fact, the 5.4 would produce more power per pound of boost than the 5.0 if they both had the same compression ratio.

The standard 5.0 will NEVER handle the power the 5.4L can on a stock bottom end.

It doesnt need to!

That's the point lol

Runs much faster times with much less power.

technology and less weight > mighty 5.4

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Newsflash !!! and Fact - I know a guy working at the plant that makes the Coyote engine and Ford has 5.0 L test mules running 1000 hp safely (TT versions too)..............I can see the tears now. I can't reveal who he is but visits another site regularly.

There is no way it's a stock block holding that kinda power. Anyone can make insane power if their wallet is deep enough.

The new 5.0 is impressive for sure. BUT I'm curious to see how long motors last, then transmissions and rear ends.

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
There is no way it's a stock block holding that kinda power. Anyone can make insane power if their wallet is deep enough.

Hate to break it to you.......yes it is !! Ford is doing durability testing and so far I hear real good results. Sorry for the bad news to some of you:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread