2.55 Pulley HP

whitecobra2387

Established Member
I currently done some search on svt and google on the 2.55 pulley but have not found anything?? I just wanted to know if the belt would spin with 90mm idler?? and how much more power would it make vs 2.65???

kent1

Established Member
I would estimate 2.5 pulley would add about 1 more pound of boost and increase horsepower 10 to 20 hp depending upon tune being 93 or 91 octane.

08KR525

Established Member
VMP's 2.59 pulley has taken the place of his 2.65 and works with the 90mm idler and stock belt.:beer:

whitecobra2387

Established Member
Currently have the 2.59 but just wanted find out if the 2.55 would make more 7-10 but don't want risk belt slip

canuck

Established Member
try getting in touch with autoliberte, he runs a 2.40 on a modded snout but i know he makes 2.50 and 2.55 for the stock supercharger without having to mod the snout, i have seen his 2.55 on ebay

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I've never heard of anything smaller than the 2.59 VMP pulley fitting on the stock (unmilled) front drive.

OP, of every .1 in pulley size reduction....you gain 1 PSI.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yeah, Sylvain now makes a 2.50" upper that will fit without snout modification. He is making me a 2.40" upper that I am going to install on a snout modified M-122.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I would assume the 2.2 upper would be the equivalent of a 2.60 upper with a 15 IW lower pulley.

I do believe the boost is about the same. I may go this route after I port my blower. These crank failures have got me second guessing doing a lower, which was going to be my next mod. I like the idea of keeping my stock belt also.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
How can you fit a 2.50 on stock snout. The 2.59 barely clears

Ironhand

Banned
My thoughts exactly. The only way is to make the thinner, and that doesn't seem to be a good way.

You can make it thinner and turn the snout down to make it clear. You can also change the material to something stronger so you can make it thinner and keep the same strength.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Must have link!
Okay..... Here you go:

Automobiles Libert

Actually, the owner of the shop is a respected member of SVTP. Screen name Autoliberte. His shop is in Canada. There is not any information on his site about the 2.50 or 2.40 inch pullies but you can PM him here or email at [email protected]. for information. He is custom making my 2.40" and shipping directly to Posi who I have given a spare M-122 to for porting.

I considered the 2.50" which he just came out with, but want to maximize boost levels without adding a lower pulley. Not sure how the 2.50 fits without snout modification, but assume like everyone else that he has used thinner materials in the pulley contruction.

Also thought about the the Steigemeier "Multi Stage Boost Kit" which has a 2.2 upper available, but didn't want to spend the cash. Serickson1 is running this setup with a 2.2" upper and a 10% IW lower. He hits 20+ lbs of boost and has run a 10.56 @ 132 with this combo. Here's the link for the Steigemeier kit:

Stiegemeier Front Drive Reconfigurations

BilletProShop

Established Member
My thoughts exactly. The only way is to make the thinner, and that doesn't seem to be a good way.

Or...you do it my way. I redesigned the grooves so that the pulley retains the same wall thickness and strength.
Precision machined bore to OEM specs with black anodized finish. The result: a 2.50'' pulley that fits the stock s/c
without modding the snout which helped push my 4000lb GT500 to a 10.48 @133.66 :rockon:

[youtube_browser]23LjQpd4k8c[/youtube_browser]
2.5'' custom made pulley
Ford Racing cai
Revan Racing Heat Exchanger
jba long tube x-pipe no cats
jba 3 inch after cat
aluminium driveshaft
eibach pro-kit
tokico d-spec
bmr control arms with relocation brackets
4.10 gears
IW 10% lower pulley