estimate on short block

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
$4899 for one of these complete, assembled and balanced shortblocks.

Oliver Rods, Diamond Coated pistons (better than mine) ARP everything. Top shelf name brand stuff assembled by racers with expertise in modulars.

http://www.modularperformance.com/

new-short-block.jpg

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
damn thats alot of dough!
www.boss330racing.com he can build you a very stout short block for about half of that and he knows his sh!t. he built mine and says it will handle anything i can throw at it.

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
wiz said:
damn thats alot of dough!
www.boss330racing.com he can build you a very stout short block for about half of that and he knows his sh!t. he built mine and says it will handle anything i can throw at it.

What parts did you get and what was reused............hell billet rods alone are 1100.00 :shrug:

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
cp pistons .20 over,mahle rings,arp rod bolts, arp head studs seals bearings etc. he reused the stock rods said they would be plenty strong as long as i dont over spin them. with stock cams that aint gonna happen.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Contact HPP in Texas. Ask for Manny. 972-395-9844. You can have a fully built stroker built for around 4k. I will post the results of mine when done.

Will

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
hrmmm i tally up almost $4k in parts if you buy everything new. people who give the labor away scare me.

i have nearly $20k in my shelby's engine because i had to have it done twice. just becuase someone has a rep and offers a good price doesnt mean anything. lots of engine builders are out there proving that its better to be lucky than smart. *cough*kuntz*cough*

drkchk03svt

Established Member
It all really depends on what you go with. Houston Performance has been around for 15 + years building 5.0's and then modulars. They had turbo stangs before Anyone knew what the possibilties were. They are way ahead than most of the market and produce nothing but quality work.

http://www.houstonperformance.com/

IMO and many others.

Will

Last edited:

momo stallion

ta'aj
Established Member
i agree with will.

i have a little motor being built buy HP.
custom forged JE pistons and rings alone are 1200
oliver billet rods are actually near 1700 if i am not mistaken.
mod motor parts aint cheap.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Just to clarify, that price is for NEW EVERYTHING, crank, block, rods, bolts, pistons. Nothing reused, you still have your complete shortblock which you can sell to a GT or MACH guy for $$$$.

If you do it before you melt stuff it is an economy.

Super Terminator Short Block for those with S/C Cobras that want to step it up. This tested short block features the following components: Diamond Pistons/pins that are coated on the skirts for reduced friction and a ceramic coating on top to keep the heat away, stainless steel ring set, Oliver billet I beams w/ 7/16 ARP/AWS bolts, Federal Mogul HP series bearings, New Cobra crankshaft, New REP Cast Iron Block, ARP Main and Head studs and Felpro head gaskets. This shortblock comes balanced and assembled.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
postban said:
Just to clarify, that price is for NEW EVERYTHING, crank, block, rods, bolts, pistons. Nothing reused, you still have your complete shortblock which you can sell to a GT or MACH guy for $$$$.

Super Terminator Short Block for those with S/C Cobras that want to step it up. This tested short block features the following components: Diamond Pistons/pins that are coated on the skirts for reduced friction and a ceramic coating on top to keep the heat away, stainless steel ring set, Oliver billet I beams w/ 7/16 ARP/AWS bolts, Federal Mogul HP series bearings, New Cobra crankshaft, New REP Cast Iron Block, ARP Main and Head studs and Felpro head gaskets. This shortblock comes balanced and assembled.

I was going to say WTF are people crabbing about ...
With everythign that is included in that... that is a great price ....
And all REALLY KICK A$$ parts!!! :bowdown:

Jimmy(I love those Oliver rods!!! :bowdown:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
postban said:

Everything was new with my Stroker too!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sold my stock shortblock for 1050.00 to a guy that blew his 01 cobra motor on the dyno. Either company makes bad ass motors. I was just giving people another option.

Will

Last edited:

RGrossman

Established Member
You can save alot if you just re-use your crank and rods... Thats what I'm planning on doing. I thought pistons were the only weak point, unless your plans are 800+ HP.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
SCMod46 said:
Hey postban, which are better H-beams or I-beams and why. That doesnt sound bad at all. But just woundering why you would buy the same crank?
I beams are stronger. The manley H beam rods run about $1200 and the I beams about 2 grand.

Ive got the Manley Billet I beam rods in my stroker and I was told the bottom end has been tested to 9000rpm and they have many of the same engines running over 1000rwhp.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
www.modularmustangracing.com

http://www.modularmustangracing.com/prod_03cobra.htm

5.0L Stroker Shortblock
Bolt on 50hp and 50ft lbs of torque without anyone knowing with the new 03/04 Cobra 5.0 Stroker shortblock, they increase your engine size from 4.6 to 5.0 without any visible sign, these shortblocks require no core charge and are assembled using brand new 04 Cobra blocks using the MMR forged steel stroker crank, 4340 H beam rods and CP or Manley custom pistons. MMR warranties all workmanship on their shortblocks and prides themselves on building the finest 4.6 engines available. See our shortblock section for specs. 400950 $3699

GodStang

Established Member
Is Modular Mustang Racing any good? Is this a good deal? Well it handle a Kenne Bell that is tuned right and cool mods added?

Users who are viewing this thread