Went to price the GT500....

Pussy_Liquor

...Your Honda Sux
Established Member
Just returned from my local Ford SVT authorized dealership to see what the deal was on the GT500. The sales guy said they will only get a few and that four were already sold. When I asked him how much they were going for, after stating base price is 39k, he said, "about double" :eek: . So the GT500 has been scratched off my list :mj: Oh well.....

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Well, if that price or anything like it is the norm... Eff that car. It's a badass beast, but I'm not paying that kind of money for it.

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
just wait for 6 months after its released, youll be getting MSRP on em no prob, I remember when the dealers wanted 10k over for an 03

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
VenemousShadow said:
just wait for 6 months after its released, youll be getting MSRP on em no prob, I remember when the dealers wanted 10k over for an 03
I agree, after the first round of buyers that just can't wait get theirs, the price will probably come back down to where it should be. Otherwise I see alot of 07 Shelby Mustangs sitting on dealers lots.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
VenemousShadow said:

+1 damn dealers :bash:

KenneBell50

Mexican NOS kit.
Established Member
Unless its $45K or less they won't sell many. Even die hard Ford guys will switch to the ZO6; I know I would if I was a high roller but I'll just stick with the trusty old 5.0 for a few more years. The 05 and 06 GTs can be cloned for much much less and be very effective street machines. The 05s with mods have proven to be very street and strip worthy so why bother with $80k on the SVT.

TattooedScumbag

Established Member
Exactly..for the money Id rather have a Z06(a better looking and performing car) But when I have the cash(coming soon) I will buy a used 04 Cobra..in my opinion one of the best looking and performing cars that ford has ever made....I dont want shelby's name all over my car

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
VenemousShadow said:

Funny you should mention that. I went a local dealer yesterday to check out the 06 Ford GT they just got it so beutiful and for $169,000 it should be. but on the real reason for this post they had an used 03 Cobra for 31K and a 06 Mustang GT vert for 33K WTF????

As for the Ford GT that price was actually not as bad as i though it would be knowing this particular dealer i was expecting 200K

tvguy

blueoval4ever said:
I agree, after the first round of buyers that just can't wait get theirs, the price will probably come back down to where it should be. Otherwise I see alot of 07 Shelby Mustangs sitting on dealers lots.

100% right on. Not sure how far the "search" feature works on this board, but if it goes back to right when the 03's were released, we'll see the exact same things that went on back then. First the pics of the cars all wrapped up in some lot yet to be delivered. Then some on trucks. Then the first cars arriving at the dealerships. THEN we'll see pics of the sticker prices, WITH the dealer markups. Yes, they will be higher than the first 03's for sure, but that's to be expected. Then some of the first owners enjoying their rides, but probably not saying what they paid. Then the first mods, dyno's and time slips appear. After a bit the novelty of it all will wear off and soon you'll be seeing used ones out there. I remember looking at an 03 not too long after they were out. I couldn't get a new one for under 38-39k here (coupe) at the time in SoCal but a guy on this board was selling his for $28.5k with 400 miles. HAD to sell it and was desperate. More than one example of that on this board alone back then. Eventually the prices will come down to MSRP or so. Then we'll see the lucky a-plan and x-plan people getting their deals only with certain dealerships. After that who knows. I won't go as far as to say "rebates" or "discounts", but depending on the economy and gas prices it is a possibility. No matter, surely history WILL repeat itself with this car. And remember, they are planning on building 7-10,000 a year. That is a BUTTLOAD of 07 Cobras!!!! So yes you will pay big time if you have to be one of the first to own this car. But if not, and are patient, there WILL be good deals out there. Just depends on how long you are willing to wait.
pacotaco

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Double"O" said:
Funny you should mention that. I went a local dealer yesterday to check out the 06 Ford GT they just got it so beutiful and for $169,000 it should be. but on the real reason for this post they had an used 03 Cobra for 31K and a 06 Mustang GT vert for 33K WTF????

As for the Ford GT that price was actually not as bad as i though it would be knowing this particular dealer i was expecting 200K

Mustang GT 33k :eek: ......Used 03 Cobra 31k :eek: :cuss:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
pacotaco said:
100% right on. Not sure how far the "search" feature works on this board, but if it goes back to right when the 03's were released, we'll see the exact same things that went on back then. First the pics of the cars all wrapped up in some lot yet to be delivered. Then some on trucks. Then the first cars arriving at the dealerships. THEN we'll see pics of the sticker prices, WITH the dealer markups. Yes, they will be higher than the first 03's for sure, but that's to be expected. Then some of the first owners enjoying their rides, but probably not saying what they paid. Then the first mods, dyno's and time slips appear. After a bit the novelty of it all will wear off and soon you'll be seeing used ones out there. I remember looking at an 03 not too long after they were out. I couldn't get a new one for under 38-39k here (coupe) at the time in SoCal but a guy on this board was selling his for $28.5k with 400 miles. HAD to sell it and was desperate. More than one example of that on this board alone back then. Eventually the prices will come down to MSRP or so. Then we'll see the lucky a-plan and x-plan people getting their deals only with certain dealerships. After that who knows. I won't go as far as to say "rebates" or "discounts", but depending on the economy and gas prices it is a possibility. No matter, surely history WILL repeat itself with this car. And remember, they are planning on building 7-10,000 a year. That is a BUTTLOAD of 07 Cobras!!!! So yes you will pay big time if you have to be one of the first to own this car. But if not, and are patient, there WILL be good deals out there. Just depends on how long you are willing to wait.
pacotaco

Exactly!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread