Almost complete !!! - HPP TT Kit on 97 Cobra...

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I just have a few small items to complete related to the TT kit. After that I will be rebuilding the rear end and adding a few goodies to it to help it stay together then it will be off to tuning and track testing the setup at different boost levels.

The setup is Twin Garrett/Precision 61mm BB turbos with Turbosmart High Temp wastegates, and single Tial BOV. All hot piping is ceramic coated mild steel and the cold side is aluminum 4" tubing. The down pipes and exhaust is all 3" from the turbos back. Boost will be controlled via Turbosmart Eboost 2 EBC. The kit was designed by HPP Racing in Lewisville, TX and PTK in San Antonio.

The official kit info can be found here:

http://www.hppracing.com/cobraturbo.html

Call HPP for pricing and/or questions as I'm not involvded with the sale of the product, I'm just installing the first 96-98 Cobra kit on my own car...

129681.jpg

129682.jpg

129683.jpg

129678.jpg

129676.jpg

Opinions and thoughts welcome !!! :burnout: :beer: :rockon:

snakecharmer

Established Member
My opinion is that looks sweet! I went with the Hellion kit for my beast, and will be interested to see how the final numbers compare to yours. :)

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Good to hear from you Eric... The Hellion kit was my second choice but since HPP is local to me I decided to give their kit a shot after seeing the numbers first hand on the prototype kit. How does 923 RWHP and over 800 RWTQ at 24 psi sound to you bro? I don't think the hellion 76 mm kit has anything close to that in store at any boost level. With a single 88mm or thumper maybe but I can always upgrade to twin 76mm snails when the power grows old... You know well how B heads love boost !!!

The shop car that prototyped the kit is a bone stock 03 Cobra with just the kit and a return style fuel system with sct tune, that is it. That car traps over 115 in the 1/8 and well over 140 in the 1/4 with drag radials, IRS, and over 4000 lb curb weight (big stereo system in the car with subs, video shit and all that stuff)...

Will you be fabricating the intake tubing for your car or are you going to be using C heads and intake? You will love the hellion kit anyhow...

I can see that you have added a few other toys to the collection eh !!! I must be a real pain in the ass to pick a car to drive... LOL

Good luck and stay in touch... Send me some pics of the toys bro, I want to see them all...

Last edited:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
kit looks insane! you are doing a great job installing that and it sounds like you will have some sick numbers. how hard is the install?

mystical

Established Member
WOW, that is the cleanest twin turbo install if I've ever seen one! That simply looks phenomenal! I love the fact that the turbos are in the engine bay as opposed to hidden in the bumper like the HP kit. Also, I've heard many horror stories about the HP kit, how was the install with your HPP kit? Awesome car man! Can't wait to see the #'s.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
badass98svt said:
Very nice!
Where did you get the billet plug covers?

They were given to me by a very good friend after his car was lost in a wreck and replaced with a later model Cobra. I don't quite know where they came from but I know they are rather unique and I appreciate he hooking me up. They read "TERMITATOR 32V" !!! :rockon: :beer:

JC

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Black96SVT said:
kit looks insane! you are doing a great job installing that and it sounds like you will have some sick numbers. how hard is the install?

Thanks guys for the compliments. I have to give HPP Racing their due credit for coming up with a great looking and performing kit !!! :rockon:

I will not lie to you guys, the kit is not for the amateur garage installer. The install requires a lot of time, tool, and at times a little ingenuity but all and all it has been fun hard work... :beer:

Allanon said:
So is this your 97 or 03? Any changes to the bottom of the motor?

The TT kit is on the 97 Cobra and it does have a fully built motor with m ildly ported heads and blower specific cams (which may hurt max power potential some). No intake porting and IMRC's are deleted. 75 lb injectors and SCT BA 2800 MAF. The tranny is a Dynamic Racing Mighty Mite with reeverse VB and transbrake, 4600 RPM stall TCT converter.

forcedLX said:
nice expansion tank, is that from HP?

The expansion tank comes with the kit in bare aluminum finish, I just had it powdercoated flat black for a little different look... FYI, the TT kit is from HPP in Texas, not HP in New Mexico...

Thanks again folks,
JC

Last edited:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
mystical said:
WOW, that is the cleanest twin turbo install if I've ever seen one! That simply looks phenomenal! I love the fact that the turbos are in the engine bay as opposed to hidden in the bumper like the HP kit. Also, I've heard many horror stories about the HP kit, how was the install with your HPP kit? Awesome car man! Can't wait to see the #'s.

Thanks ! It has been a time consuming install of moderate to difficult skill level requirements for an experienced installer with adequate tools. I would suggest professional installation for sure for best results.

quadcam said:
That's not sick, it's diseased.

I want a pair. :drool:

Get you one !!! http://www.hppracing.com/cobraturbo.html

Last edited:

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
WOW that is an amazing car man and a clean as hell kit... just looks simply amazing...

car is going to be a monster.. i bet u cant wait... more pics!!!!!! WOOOOOTTT

Users who are viewing this thread