97 Cobra w/03 Terminator Engine-Video (STOCK)

gsxrbb

Banned
Congrats...
I have a friend in town who has the same swap in a 97 Cobra Convert. w/ a procharger, etc. etc.

It'll be on PINKS ALL OUT in Rockingham, NC when it airs....keep your eye out!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wow!!! Small world......We have a fella in the MACA that just bought a 97' Cobra with an 03/04 drivetrain in it. Flew out to Denver, bought it from the seller and drove it back to Baltimore, where he lives. Name is FHATTCATT on SVTP.

97SVTerminator

Established Member
Yes, I was down Castaway's during Cruisin' Week. I will have to add some pics for you guys/gals that want to see them.:beer:

97SVTerminator

Established Member
Checked out PHATTCATT's ride. Looks sweet. Now it's time for some upgrades. I just send my Eaton to Steggy for a stage IV and 2.76 billetflow install, got my idlers coming too so, I'm ready to jump into the 500hp range

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
So thats a factory 97 dimension hood? If so, was anything special required for the eaton to clear the hood?

Thanks.

97SVTerminator

Established Member
Don't know what you mean by dimension hood??? The hood is a stock 96-98 cobra hood. I did have to remove the sound deadener from the hood and cut the inside of the scoops out because the IAC would hit the hood. I cut both sides out and now they are "functional" and these Terminator engines need all the cooling they can get. The IAC now tucks neatly within the hood scoop. I tried putting the liner back in the hood but the stock pulley rubs it so you can imagine how close the hood is to the engine!

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
97SVTerminator said:
Don't know what you mean by dimension hood???

I wasnt sure if that was a aftermarket hood that looked like a factory one. I was asking if the dimensions of the hood where the same as a stock 97.

Sounds good. I seen a few people say it wouldnt fit when they did the swap. They said you needed a cowl hood. A little hacking wont hurt anything.

Do you think it would be possible to get a close up pictures of the modified hood?

Thanks.

97SVTerminator

Established Member
For oxford03cobra, don't be hatin' of my wing...my car, my wing....get used to it because in a race that's the only part you will be looking at!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread