Let me see those drops!

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Trying to figure out which springs to go with for my setup on my '03 cobra. Please post up side and rear view pics if you got with the type of springs you have, type of cc plates, and whether or not you have iso's on the car. Thanks guys.

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Type Springs..................H&R Sport Springs

C/C Plates.....................Still on the factory setup

Isolators........................Stock Isolators at all 4 corners

On a side note, I also have a set of Drag Bags installed to help at the track but more with fender/tire clearance issues. With the bags at 10psi, I do not have to worry about the fender cutting into my 305's.

DORF

SonicTerminatorPix001a.jpg

SonicTerminatorPix003a.jpg

SonicTerminatorPix015a.jpg

SonicTerminatorPix037a.jpg

SonicTerminatorPix038a.jpg

SonicTerminatorPix045a.jpg

SonicTerminatorPix045a-1.jpg

RedfireSVT

Established Member
H and R Sport Springs, factory isos all around and Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates:

HandRSprings023.jpg

HandRSprings022.jpg

HandRSprings020.gif

HandRSprings019.jpg

HandRSprings018.jpg

HandRSprings010.jpg

HandRSprings009.jpg

HandRSprings008.jpg

HandRSprings006.gif

HandRSprings003.gif

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Look real nice. Right now I think I'm torn betweeb H&R SS's and Race Spring's. My driveway is a little tough to get in and out of, similar to speed bumps so what do you all think?

RedfireSVT

Established Member
i think speed bumps suck. i've never tried to go over one in my car and i don't really plan on trying either. i'd be willing to bet i could clear one though. yea right.

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
Look real nice. Right now I think I'm torn betweeb H&R SS's and Race Spring's. My driveway is a little tough to get in and out of, similar to speed bumps so what do you all think?

The SSs are lower than the Race springs. So if you think you'll have clearance issues, go with the Race springs. Also, you can use the Maximum Motorsports isolators if you need more clearance--they are stiffer than the stock isos and will give you something like 1/2 more clearance.

I have the Eibach 3594s on my Cobra with the stock isolators, and the drop is about perfect, IMO. The front and rear have just about the same ride height, which is something most of these other spring kits can't say--practically every other spring kit, the rear of the car sits a tiny (or not so tiny) bit higher than the front of the car. Not so with the 3594s. Alas, I haven't taken any pics of the car with the 3594s on it--just with the 3590s which were on it previously and were noticeably raked since they were designed for the '99-'01, not '03-'04.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Redfire two questions for ya. What tint % do you have going on there? It looks great! And are those 18's? To me it looks like they are.

mach1pannu

Established Member
djtyau - nice shot, like the new wheels, kinda wished i bought some of those, but they weren't out back then haha.

is the car still running strong?

djtyau

Established Member
Hey, how is it going? Car is running great (45,000 miles) ! I have done so much to the car since I bought. It now has a Whipple and a bunch of other things.

Man, you go through some nice cars. Whatever happened to buying the house?

Talk to you soon.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Code Blue and Redfire, are you guys running 18's? I have H&R SS with stock isos on all fours and my front looks like its not even lowered. Theres still a pretty big gap and ive had the springs for about a year already.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
H&R sport springs, sock CC's and stock iso's

Mustang002.gif

03cobra2.gif

Mustang004.gif

cobra007.gif

with the old 2 1/2 inch tips (traded them in for 4" magniflows)

Last edited:

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Code Blue and Redfire, are you guys running 18's? I have H&R SS with stock isos on all fours and my front looks like its not even lowered. Theres still a pretty big gap and ive had the springs for about a year already.

Yes sir, I am running 18X9's (O.E. FR500).....I hope to be swapping to some Deep Dish FR500's soon.......:-D

DORF

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
1 coil off the stock springs in the front and H&R Race in the rear. All stock ISO's are in. Ride quality is PERFECT! Like stock, just a tad sportier.

159034.jpg

159033.jpg

153202.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread