Royal Purple Anyone. . .?

PuffAdder03

Speed Limit? What's That?
Established Member
Just wanted to know if anyone here uses royal purple products. I was watching horsepower tv one day before I went to iraq. The guys got a stock SS Camaro and dyno'd it at 302. Drained and refilled the oil, transmission, and gear fluid and got 310. So just wanted to know if anyone actually uses it?

PuffAdder03

Established Member
It just surprised me that you can gain anything like that from fluids. Some people install parts on their cars and not even get 5hp.

PuffAdder03

Established Member
So would you guys say it's royal purple or is it just synthetic oil producing those gains?

TrickStang37

Established Member
Just wanted to know if anyone here uses royal purple products. I was watching horsepower tv one day before I went to iraq. The guys got a stock SS Camaro and dyno'd it at 302. Drained and refilled the oil, transmission, and gear fluid and got 310. So just wanted to know if anyone actually uses it?

that can be from cooling the engine down alone. who knows.

that being said, i've only heard good things from others about them.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
I use there trans fluid and have used there engine fluid once. I tell you the truth i really wasnt impressed w/ 5w20 having had a 5w20 synthetic blend and used 5w30 before. I think i will go back to mobil 1 5w30. However, my analysis shows that royal purple isnt whats not my liking, it was the weight i was using.

Mystic03

Established Member
ive been using RP since i got my cobra love it every time i change the oil i can feel some performance back into it :thumbsup:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
"i changed my oil to rp and gained 3 seconds in the 1/4" i dont believe all that infomercial bs but it is in my engine and trans you ever notice when you get synthetic on your fingers and try to rub it off it takes 10xs longer for friction to build vs dinosaur oil?? thats why i changed plus i got it for a good price :thumbsup:

PuffAdder03

Established Member
"i changed my oil to rp and gained 3 seconds in the 1/4" i dont believe all that infomercial bs but it is in my engine and trans you ever notice when you get synthetic on your fingers and try to rub it off it takes 10xs longer for friction to build vs dinosaur oil?? thats why i changed plus i got it for a good price :thumbsup:

So basically you recommend it?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
It's not hard to believe a slight hp gain can occur when changing from a worn out dino oil to a full synthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread