Royal Purple Anyone. . .?

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
I use it in everything I drive. I over revved a 2V 4.6 real bad one night and noticed a silght knocking that gradually gotten worse. When I tore the engine down all that was damaged was a spun number 8 rod bearing. I saved the rod, crank, and piston and I believe it was due to having Royal Purple in the engine. I think the outcome would have been way worse had it been dinosaur oil. Sythetics just protect way better. Just in case anyones wondering how I over revved it was shifting 2nd to 3rd and missed. stupid I know.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Amsoil. The money these guys put into there research how can you go wrong. I rather pay a couple dollars more for oil. Why not, just look at your gas bill.

boosted_truck

Network God
Established Member
I've been using Royal Purple for years. In my turbo cars I would see a noticable difference in oil temps with RP compaired to Mobile 1.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All the brands used are great. But I'd love to see an actual controlled test of a couple of cars with factory (fresh) oil compared to the same cars using fresh full synthetics. And include in the tests stock and synthetic fluids in the transmission and differential. Then the arguement is settled. JMO.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I swear by the 5w-20...I use RP in the engine oil and haven't had any problems yet...

AaronK

Established Member
For the past 5 years I've been using RP in motor, trans, and dif... I don't have anything against Mobil or Amsoil, I just get a really good deal on RP.

Users who are viewing this thread