Sub frame connectors

cbr repsol

Established Member
I had a 03 mach and it had subframe connectors on it from the factory. I was looking under the 04 cobra and didnt see any. What gives?I surely thought I would have them. Is the cobra supposed to come with them ? Where can I buy a good pair from? With all the h.p. talk lately what do you guys do to the cars to keep the body from twisting?

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I have the maximum motor sport ones. Full length, weld on for around $140.00. One of the best mods I did to my car. Well besides the pulley and tune.

VPF

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'm planning to go with the Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix setup for my vert. Without a roof structure the verts need as much bracing as they can get! I've read many posts on this subject, and from the info I've gathered, the MM ones a re a really good bang for the buck, but some have said they are off a bit with the fit. Steeda seems to make an excellent set with additional gusset plates, and people say they fit really good. If I don't get the KB set, I'll go with the Steeda as my second choice.

Brian

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Subframe connectors only come on verts on Termanators,Here is a pic of stockers (crapo) next to my MMFLSFC'S. They are a really nice piece and man what a differance,Best $100 i ever spent!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm planning to go with the Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix setup for my vert. Without a roof structure the verts need as much bracing as they can get! I've read many posts on this subject, and from the info I've gathered, the MM ones a re a really good bang for the buck, but some have said they are off a bit with the fit. Steeda seems to make an excellent set with additional gusset plates, and people say they fit really good. If I don't get the KB set, I'll go with the Steeda as my second choice.

Brian

You're 100% correct. Although if you don't get the KB's then get Global West's.:beer:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
The Kenny Brown is a nice set up, but if you are planning on changing your clutch or doing exhaust work all that stuff has to come off....just food for thought

Tobias

Established Member
The MM FLSFC's are one of the best bang for the buck mods on the SN-95 cars.

I second that about 150 million times! Those and poly irs cradle & diff bushings were the first things done to my car.

Jroc

Established Member
MM FLSFC's here. Love them. Like others have said one of the best mods ever.

Mustangs with Foxbody based chassis + good SFC's = Happy owners. :banana: :pepper:

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Yep, I'll also be ordering the MM FLSFC's as soon as my next check comes in. :beer:

And the stockers(Mach 1's) are crap. Very thin sheet metal that provides probably very little towards stiffening. Get some aftermarkets. ;-)

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You're 100% correct. Although if you don't get the KB's then get Global West's.:beer:

Global West here... the next best thing to Grigg's though the floor design.

P1280053.jpg

superstoutSFCs.jpg

stoutsubs.jpg

:rockon:

Checking in with Steedas Subframes. Come with torque box reinforcement plates. I had every square inch of each subframe welded to the car, not just certain parts of the subframe connector.

wheelhopper

Established Member
With all the threads that have been done about SFC, you should be able to find tons of info to answer your questions. Try a search.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

:rockon:

I preech them because I learned about them from you. I wish I would've bought them becaue they are a great design for our cars. I went with MMFLSC's and they aren't nearly as strong but didn't learn about Global West until afterward. Now I got a roll bar though so I think it's strong enough.:thumbsup:

Jroc

Established Member
I preech them because I learned about them from you. I wish I would've bought them becaue they are a great design for our cars. I went with MMFLSC's and they aren't nearly as strong but didn't learn about Global West until afterward. Now I got a roll bar though so I think it's strong enough.:thumbsup:

You can get the MM's cut out and weld some GW ones on if you really want to.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You can get the MM's cut out and weld some GW ones on if you really want to.

Posi, you can probably get the side supports (Part 919-C for verts) separately and weld them to the MMSFC's. I think I'm going to try and do this sometime soon to stiffen up the car a bit more. I also might be throwing a roll bar in mine soon.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
sunburned I'm hoping that with the rollbar it's strong enough now. Thanks for the info though I'll sure and remember it.
nopaintrollbar002.jpg

nopaintrollbar008.jpg

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member

Howdy Jimmy--long time no see! I didn't realize that GW made a(n) SFC like that. I thought that the Matrix system was the only one like it. I like the jacking rail feature. Wish I had them on my fox instead of FRP's.

Users who are viewing this thread