Sub frame connectors

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Where's the best place to get the Global Wests??

EDIT: WOW!! Looked on Global Wests website...$451.61 for those connectors?? :eek:

Last edited:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member

EDIT: WOW!! Looked on Global Wests website...$451.61 for those connectors?? :eek:

I saw that too but damn those are some nice looking FLSFC

Don't know if I can convince myself to spend 3x as much on subframes, maybe if I had a vert it'd be different.

Anyone have any experience with the MM and the GW FLSFC?

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
this may be a 'stupid question,' but do all flsfcs have brackets that bolt through the chassis that they are welded to?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
sunburned I'm hoping that with the rollbar it's strong enough now. Thanks for the info though I'll sure and remember it.
nopaintrollbar002.jpg

nopaintrollbar008.jpg

Looks great man. Hopefully before spring I will have a roll bar that looks just like that, minus the doorbars. It should fit right under my lightbar and look pimp. I'm guessing yours is custom and not prefab?

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member

Wow. Yeah, no way I can justify spending THAT much on SFCs, at least not on a coupe. I installed MMFLSFCs on my '89 GT convertible and they made a world of difference. I can tell that my Cobra isn't the stiffest car out there. For example, when I've jacked up the front end on my fiance's '02 Eclipse convertible, I can still easily open the doors. But on my Cobra, there is just the smallest bit of the door latch sticking on the striker bolt so I can tell there is a bit of chassis flex.

If I was doing these for a vert, I'd probably suck it up and go with the $450 set. But since my coupe now is already a bit stiffer than my old vert was, I think at most I might be able to justify the MMFLSFCs.

Those of you with SFCs on coupes, how much of a difference does it really make?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Looks great man. Hopefully before spring I will have a roll bar that looks just like that, minus the doorbars. It should fit right under my lightbar and look pimp. I'm guessing yours is custom and not prefab?

Yeah it's Custom but only $900 complete with the swing out hardware included in that! Now the painting is a different story.:cryying:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'll post pic's when it's back together.

Please do. I'd like an idea of how mine should look so I can tell the fab guy. Did he weld in all that stuff with most of the interior intact? Like how did he know where to put the harness bar? Were the seats in the car and in the correct driving position when he made it?

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
OK, not to hijack but I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Global West setup. I was pretty convinced I was going with the KB Extreme Matrix, until I started looking at the GW. It looks like it is very beefy, and since I have a vert, I'd like to pick the stiffest one for the money. My issue is that the GW is about $200 more than the KB Extreme! That's almost twice the price, so I'd like to know if it's TWICE as good... Anyone know of any direct comparisons between those 2?

Brian

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
No real direct comparison.

As far as a nicely finished product...GW wins hands down. Functionality will likely be very similar; you'd have to know the material; wall thicknesses and dimensions to get a clue as to which is "tougher".

Frankly they're all a crutch until you do a pair of through-the-floor box style (Griggs) and/or a cage...

black 10th vert

Established Member
Yeah, that's what I figured, but I don't want to hack the floor pans, or interior up on this car. It only has 12K miles on it, and is showroom perfect, so I'm just looking to do the best I can from the underside, so as not to mess it up. Everything is a compromise, though...

Users who are viewing this thread