Evolution=Class Act!

06BigDogK9

Established Member
Just wanted to take a quick second to thank all the guys at Evolution. I purchased the Stage II + Bassani exhaust for my Shelby. Not only did I get everything in two days, they were right there to answer all my questions druing install! Holy hell is this car fast! Thanks again guys, Chad

chuckstang

Established Member
Did you get anything for wheel hop, I would imagine you have it real bad now with more power?
Just adding the stage 1 for me made it ridiculously bad

06BigDogK9

Established Member
YES...The wheel hop is really bad! I am ordering 4.10 gears with some lower control arms from Evolution this week. Should take care of most of the problem until I can get the rest of the suspension upgrades from them. Still kinda stuck between the 3.73's or 4.10's though. Constantly changing my mind......

ff500

Established Member
bigdogk9,How do you like your bike? I'm assuming you have one because of your screenname, I just sold my 03 lucky duece #109 of 200 it only had 165 miles. One of my customers just bought a k9, black with chrome the bikes about 9' long, humongous rear tire I wanna say a 300.My next bike will probably be a roadking, I do like the screaming eagle electraglides but I gotta wait til the gt500 is paid off.

chuckstang

Established Member
YES...The wheel hop is really bad! I am ordering 4.10 gears with some lower control arms from Evolution this week. Should take care of most of the problem until I can get the rest of the suspension upgrades from them. Still kinda stuck between the 3.73's or 4.10's though. Constantly changing my mind......

You are going to need more than just LCAs especially since you are going with gears as well!

The UCA is the main culprit

LEESTOYSTANG

Established Member
06BIGDOGK9,
Which Bassani exhaust did you go with the 3" axle back or the complete system w/headers?? I am ready to pull the trigger on the same set up and want to make sure to order the right stuff... Thanks for your help... Also when you got the Stage II and the exhaust does it come with a tune that you can do yourself or do you have to take it somewhere to get done ???? Thanks again..

06BigDogK9

Established Member
LEESTOYSTANG- I got the Bassani axle back, not the full. Evo sent the tune with the package. I got myself all worked up that it was going to be hard to do. I called them and they walked me right through it. Took about 2 minutes to do the program. I'm telling you bro, the axle back and the stage II is AWESOME!!!

06BigDogK9

Established Member
ff500- I LOVED my K-9. I had the a TON of work done to it. I had to sell it to afford the GT500. Having two kids, it made more sence for me to dump money in a nice car then a 40,000 motorcycle.

06BigDogK9

Established Member
so to just get rid of the wheel hop, what do I need to do? I don't want to spend a whole shit ton of money right now, so a good cheap fix would be great. Also, are any of you guys going with a 160 thermostat? What are the +'s and -'s?

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member

Congrats on your car.:banana:
Lowers will stop about 70% of the hop and will help alot on the street. I had to replace the upper control arm because I would still get nasty wheel hop when heating my tires up with just lowers.
I think 3.73s are your best bet for street with some strip use. I have 4.10s and combined with a 28" tire are great at the strip but on the stock tires it is extremly hard to get off the line in 1st-2nd gear w/o killing the tires.

enjoy:beer:

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
so to just get rid of the wheel hop, what do I need to do? I don't want to spend a whole shit ton of money right now, so a good cheap fix would be great. Also, are any of you guys going with a 160 thermostat? What are the +'s and -'s?

LCA's got rid of the wheel hop for me and if you are not going to drag race your car, then LCA's should be all you need. I have Stage 2 as well.

Most everyone I know who bought the UCA ended up taken it off. Try just the LCa's first, and for noe wand then spirited street driving, you will get rid of a high % of your wheel hop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread