Should I keep my Terminator?

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
Ill include this link to just sum up whats basically been going on with my car. http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448147
Now I bought this car like a month and half ago and its basically the one car I thought Ive always wanted since it came out. The dealership has also given me the opportunity to exchange my cobra for another car of equal value. I was pretty much just looking at GTOs and CTS-Vs. Do you guys think I should just have them revert the car to stock? Or should I exchange for another car?

Juruense

Banned
Let them revert it to stock if they are offering to do so! We are just talking about lower pulley and TB right? You can sell that TB for some serious coin on eBay once it is removed...

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Are you serious??

Keep the cobra. You have to change like 2 or 3 things and the flash the computer and it is stock again... It's not that big of a deal, especially since the dealer said they would do it for free since you bought it from them..

I say keep it

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
Are you serious??

Keep the cobra. You have to change like 2 or 3 things and the flash the computer and it is stock again... It's not that big of a deal, especially since the dealer said they would do it for free since you bought it from them..

I say keep it

Im just considering my options since they gave me some. There seems to be more aftermarket parts on the car like TB, clutch, pulley, and subframe connectors but thats all we know of as of right now. But they will not give me the aftermarket parts.

Juruense

Banned
What? Tell them to lick your ballsack and never go back there. The car is fine the way it is anyways.

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
What? Tell them to lick your ballsack and never go back there. The car is fine the way it is anyways.

Well she seems to be running pretty strong but this being my first cobra and not knowing exactly what mods are on the car I think I would feel a little bit better if I knew exactly whats on the motor. Lets just hope they dont fock up my car when reverting it to stock.

Juruense

Banned
Seriously though warranties are over rated. Even if the warranty is valid they will try to get out of the work and if they actually do the work well, let's just say there is no work like warranty work...

Stop going to that stealership immediately, forget you ever saw the place.

MustangThief

Established Member
Did you not read the thread I made? I would love to keep free mods but it will void my warranty.

So? Tell them you want the money back for the extended warranty then.

I love my Cobra, but when it was stock, I was a bit disappointed. The power was superb but I instantly wanted more. And when I got a little more, the car felt just right. (although now i want more again :rollseyes )

If I were you I'd take it to a reputable shop, have them tell you all aftermarket parts on the car, or look for yourself really. Then have them check the tune, or retune it. Then go get your money back for the extended warranty.

It's hard not to mod the cobra, and once it goes back to stock you won't wanna stay like that for long :)

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i say leave the car as is, get a refund for the warranty, put your car on a dyno to verify that your tune is good, and call it a day...

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Yes, keep the car and the mods but have it dynoed ASAP and make sure everything is safe before you beat on it any more. Everyone here is helpful and will help you work out a problem. I've been on here like a hawk since I got mine early August of 07. Lot of great guys and gals helping out noob's!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Keep the car as it is and get a refund on the warranty.

It is really quite a simple and logical choice.

Warranty < Terminator

Have the tune checked by someone trustworthy, change what needs to be changed(if anything).... and begin enjoying driving one of the most FUN cars on the planet!!!

Many of us have had warranty issues denied even before modding. Warranties are over rated, and just another profit center for the sales department.

Going it alone out of pocket means you are in complete control of what happens to your car in the event something goes bad.

Drive it and stay connected via forums like this and friends.:beer:

These are VERY TOUGH CARS!!!:rockon:

Last edited:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I might have missed it but how many miles are on the car? And what problems are you having?

I don't know if too many people that would take a GTO or CTSV over an 04 Cobra

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
I might have missed it but how many miles are on the car? And what problems are you having?

I don't know if too many people that would take a GTO or CTSV over an 04 Cobra

It has 17K miles on it. When I got it the battery died, the differential was leaking and to this day the sounds like the car makes a jingling noise when hitting bumps in the road. The car was also idling weird in the way that it would fluctuate from 700-900 rpms but that would only happen so often. The dealer has already fixed the idle problem and the differential but that jingling is bothering the crap outta me. Also I was thinking about having d'agostino racing check out my car, you guys here anything about them?

Last edited:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Don't know of the "jingling" sound you're talking about but my cobra has plenty of rattling of the interior, mainly beacause it is a mustang but for the low milage it sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

Have a shop take a look at it and make sure everything looks/performs good and you will be happy.

Sounds like most of your probs are fixed

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
jiggling noise

It has 17K miles on it. When I got it the battery died, the differential was leaking and to this day the sounds like the car makes a jingling noise when hitting bumps in the road. The car was also idling weird in the way that it would fluctuate from 700-900 rpms but that would only happen so often. The dealer has already fixed the idle problem and the differential but that jingling is bothering the crap outta me. Also I was thinking about having d'agostino racing check out my car, you guys here anything about them?

I bet the noise is your anti rattle clips. They are little metal pieces no the brake pads that keep it from rattling in the caliper. Just put new pads on. I read somehere that there is an anti rattle kit available that costs $5.00 at autozone or pepboys.

Users who are viewing this thread