Should I keep my Terminator?

JMD0346

Established Member
If something happens to that engine or tranny that warranty means squat anyway. Ford doesnt allow work to be done to Cobra engines or the T-56. They send out an SVT rep when one of these parts fails to check for mods. Unless something has changed.

Id keep the extended warranty for the rest of the car and keep the mods. Go have it dynoed with a/f check and go from there.

I had warranty work done when i had one. I had mods at the time but the work done had nothing to do with the engine or tranny. Im on good terms with my dealer. They told me do what ever I wanted to it but if the engine goes they cant help me. Heck they all used to come out and want to know what it was running now. 1/4 mile. LOL

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Put The Car On A Dyno Check The Tune, A/f. 17,000 Miles Is Nothing On These Cars. Get Your Money Back On The Warrenty And Find A Good Shop In Your Area. You'll Probibly Never Need Any Major Work For A Long Time If You Keep Up The Maintanance And Dont Drive It Like An Idiot.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I'm one of the guys that sold their 03 cobra and always wished I didn't. Took 2 1/2 years to find a virgin 03 with low milage but I did. The gto's do have realy nice seats but thats all I can say I like about them. ?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
the GTO is a sweet car, but doesn't compare to the cobra as far as power goes.

keep the car as modded, and get the $$ back for your warranty.

MikeW

Established Member
I am with Jimmy...

SCREW the warranty. Cash it in and use the molato get more mods and a good tune that you know is good.

wutang61

Established Member
ford will only void your warranty if:

the modification done can be linked to the reason the car was brought to them. or

if the cars emissions systems have been modified or removed.

but for cobras im sure putting a smaller pulley on would do the trick also.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Why are you bringing this up again. Keep the Cobra. Let the dealership put back to stock the non-stock items and then go out and enjoy your car. Let them do the work and spend their money. Enough said!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread