Need Longtubes...JBA?

CodyCobra

SVT Fanatic
Established Member
I am in the market for longtubes for my GT500, anyone heard anything about the JBA LTs for our cars?

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Jba

I am in the market for longtubes for my GT500, anyone heard anything about the JBA LTs for our cars?

I have a sponsor for the World of Wheels show in Chicago and they are installing the full JBA Exhaust for me in about 1-2 weeks. It's Stainless Steel/Ceramic 1 3/4" coated LTs with a 3" X pipe/exhaust. I'll keep you posted.

mustarrosa

Established Member
WHich headers have the least difficulty on installation? You know the easiest to install without jacking up the engine or dropping the K-member

Last edited:

Streetpwr281

Established Member
I went with American Racing Headers 1 3/4" LT's and 3" off-road x-pipe. I had them ceramic coated inside and out. Love the fit, finish, sound, and performance.

CodyCobra

SVT Fanatic
Established Member
I have a sponsor for the World of Wheels show in Chicago and they are installing the full JBA Exhaust for me in about 1-2 weeks. It's Stainless Steel/Ceramic 1 3/4" coated LTs with a 3" X pipe/exhaust. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks all for the input, please keep me updated Kg!

mustarrosa

Established Member
I went with American Racing Headers 1 3/4" LT's and 3" off-road x-pipe. I had them ceramic coated inside and out. Love the fit, finish, sound, and performance.
So were these easy (relatively) to install? I have seen the Kooks installed and they had to raise the engine and drop the K-member

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
When I spoke with Dustin Williams @ JBA, the contact person with Shelby Automobiles for the Super Snake package, he told me their headers (6695-SJS) added 60 rwhp alone when installed with their 3" X-pipe w/high flow cats (6696-SXC) and 3" cat back system (40-2633). With the 2.8H kenne bell @ 18#'s of boost with the stock manifolds and full 3" manifold back system listed above with a conservative tune it made 611 rwhp @ 6200 rpms. Adding the headers then produced 674 rwhp @ 6200 rpms. Boost only dropped to 17.5 #'s too!! 60 rwhp increase with 1/2# less boost is a BIG BANG FOR THE BUCK! Quality headers that use 3/8" flanges and come with Percy carbon header gaskets. Was told by him they tuck up real nice and don't pose any problems on lowered cars. Don't have to remove them to do clutch servicing either!! I'm having their silver ceramic coated long tubes and full 3" header back system installed on my 725hp Super Snake FWIW. Don't have any details though on their header back system with the stock blower. All the #'s above reflect the KB 2.8H

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member

JBA's is the header of choice for SAI. They install them on all of the Super Snake conversions as well as 40th cars that opt for the Kenne Bell 725hp versions.

As for your choice it is just that. I am not brand loyal when it comes to the headers for our car. I have heard the Kooks, Stainless Works, & American Racing hearders on the Shelby and out of the 3 the AR's were the loudest at every rpm. The Kooks & SW's were noticable during hard accelloration. I have only heard the Bassani's on a video clip. And as for the JBA's I haven't heard them at all.

If you have a pulley, cai, and tune already, let me say that 1 7/8 LT's with full 3 inch exhaust all the way out back would be the way to go. I have seen the hp figures with the LT's in both 1 3/4 & 1 7/8th and the 1 7/8th made a noticable amount more than the 1 3/4 LT's.

hotrodstang

Established Member
For what its worth I am about 10 minueta from JBA and have been looking at them also. They are a nice piece, get the coated SS ones. They are reasonably priced and I know they do a lot of R and D. I have heard them and they sound good but don"t expect 60 RWHP from any set of headers. Its not going to happen INMHO:beer:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
For what its worth I am about 10 minueta from JBA and have been looking at them also. They are a nice piece, get the coated SS ones. They are reasonably priced and I know they do a lot of R and D. I have heard them and they sound good but don"t expect 60 RWHP from any set of headers. Its not going to happen INMHO:beer:

JD: The info I posted came rite from JBA test data!!! Keep in mind we're talking about a KB 2.8H blower @ 18#'s of boost!! This combo per Dustin @ JBA reflects the restrictive nature of the stock manifolds. Since you're so close to them, stop by and play dumb so to speak and see if he gives you the same info as he gave me. ;-)

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
611 with the kb @ 18#'s is weak to say the least, but 674 is actually close to where it should be but still low. i make 18#'s with the KB with 686 and that is with the stock manifolds.

Fourcam330

Established Member
You aren't going to gain 60rw from headers period. I don't care what brand or size.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
You aren't going to gain 60rw from headers period. I don't care what brand or size.

I'm passing on info direct from JBA!! Shelby gave them the prototype Super Snake and said to be safe with the tune! If you question the info I'm passing on from JBA, call them direct @ 1-800-830-3377 and speak with Dustin Williams @ ext. 109. As a matter of fact, I'll be out in Vegas the end of this month from 1-28 thru 1-31 to iron out some details with my Super Snake , CSM 08SS0159 . In addition to the 725hp. package, I want them to install the JBA 6695-SJS long tubes which ARE NOT part of the package. Replace the traction lock with a Zexel Torsen T2-R differential. Install a chrome moly 4 pt. roll bar with 5 pt. harnesses for driver and passenger. BMR lower control arms. My choice of tires. 4" "Shelby" etched S/S tips on my axle back system made by Scott Drake. Drive shaft safety loop. Make arrangements w/Adrienne Poplin to pick my car up @ Shelby World Headquarters when it's done. Lot of extras but I want all the work done by them and documented by them!! I'm going to soak up as much info from everyone while I'm there. Hopefully will meet Carroll if he's @ the shop too. Alright, I'm done rambling. :burnout:

Fourcam330

Established Member
I'm passing on info direct from JBA!! Shelby gave them the prototype Super Snake and said to be safe with the tune! If you question the info I'm passing on from JBA, call them direct @ 1-800-830-3377 and speak with Dustin Williams @ ext. 109. As a matter of fact, I'll be out in Vegas the end of this month from 1-28 thru 1-31 to iron out some details with my Super Snake , CSM 08SS0159 . In addition to the 725hp. package, I want them to install the JBA 6695-SJS long tubes which ARE NOT part of the package. Replace the traction lock with a Zexel Torsen T2-R differential. Install a chrome moly 4 pt. roll bar with 5 pt. harnesses for driver and passenger. BMR lower control arms. My choice of tires. 4" "Shelby" etched S/S tips on my axle back system made by Scott Drake. Drive shaft safety loop. Make arrangements w/Adrienne Poplin to pick my car up @ Shelby World Headquarters when it's done. Lot of extras but I want all the work done by them and documented by them!! I'm going to soak up as much info from everyone while I'm there. Hopefully will meet Carroll if he's @ the shop too. Alright, I'm done rambling. :burnout:

I don't doubt that they told you that, however, I could really care less about manufacturers in house test results. 60rw ain't going to happen even with a 2.8H. You'd be lucky to make 35-40rw with a full exhaust at that power level end of story.

manOwar

Established Member
I don't doubt that they told you that, however, I could really care less about manufacturers in house test results. 60rw ain't going to happen even with a 2.8H. You'd be lucky to make 35-40rw with a full exhaust at that power level end of story.

He'll be lucky to see 20whp and that's fact!!

hotrodstang

Established Member
JD: The info I posted came rite from JBA test data!!! Keep in mind we're talking about a KB 2.8H blower @ 18#'s of boost!! This combo per Dustin @ JBA reflects the restrictive nature of the stock manifolds. Since you're so close to them, stop by and play dumb so to speak and see if he gives you the same info as he gave me. ;-)

They told me about the same,I think they told me 50 horse.I will eventually get some, but here in Ca we have to worry about smog and they are not legal on the street. I have had JBA work on my car a few times however and have been happy with the work. They are not cheap but quality work is hard to find. I am allready making 740 RWHP with a whipple and JBA 3" from the manifolds back, its pretty brutal as is.

Users who are viewing this thread